Womens Running

Dare I say..MARTINI WEDNESDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 16 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

No martinis for me.  Too alcohol tasting.

Lizzie, glad the run was better than expected.  I hope you do find some sale shoes. It hurts so much to pay full price.  Have fun doing the wedding stuff later.

Sue, I'm with you on heights.  It was funny, I wasn't panicked, but even low little bridges I got nervous on last weekend.  Just a fear of slipping in the rain.  So sorry about your running buddy and husband.  That is a bummer for you - and her.

Laura, morning is the only running time here!

HI HCK!

Damaris, woot woot woot woot.  (I was going to insert the dancing elephant emoji, but it isn't on this site...  But picture it anyways!)  Everyday since you started the Indy process I quickly skimmed for your post first in hopes of good news!  FINALLY!!!!!!!

Diane, I know it is a bummer, but at least you know the issue now and can work towards a resolution.  Even though you are frustrated, answers can help.  Hugs.

Cathy, cute about DD!!

Margaret, right there with you on the dragging ass week.  And mine is short even.  Good luck with the race this weekend.  You will crush it as always.

Karen and her DH are on the road!  She posted a cute pic on FB of them in the van on their way!!!  Oh yeah, wanted to say on the ice cream.  Just buy a pint, and eat it - ALL at once.  I have faith you can do it.  

Blister is giving me grief right now.  Annoyed as it didn't hurt as much on Monday.  Oh well, it will pass. Lisa instilled some words of wisdom during the race.  What an insightful and kind woman.

Went ballistic over one of the doctors, not the slow one.  He a lazy dumb shit who is getting lazier and unprofessional in some of his doings.  I expressed my extreme displeasure over his actions.  It directly affected the new doctor and she wasn't going to rock the boat, but I sure wasn't OK with what he did.  Who knows if he has done the same to me unknowingly.  On other work fronts, I let them know I am good with the 12-8 shift.  They still want me to work 8-4.  Told them emphatically NO, aint gonna happen.  I am not a morning person and I want my before work time.  I was hired as a mid-shift doctor and will stay a mid-shift doctor.

Poop.  I slept in again this morning and now it is time to get in the shower and head to work...

K

They must not be doing those martinis correctly.

Damaris

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Susan – I am afraid of heights and also get very nervous on overpasses! Aw, sorry to hear about your running buddies!

Laura – Nice run this morning! You could always get up earlier 😉 SO. MANY. DETAILS. Now I have to think about a welcome sign? WTH.

Diane – I am sorry to hear about the injury ☹ Did they offer any pain relief options? Or remedies to try?

Docket – Of course they loved you! Okay. So not final..but..OMG!! I am freaking out for you! I will do my full freak out when you get that offer 😊 AND I hope it’s a really really good one.

Cathy – Holy sh*t. Your workout! Nice job! 7:15 pace…wow. Okay, I am laughing out loud at your DD and the conversation you had with her regarding looks vs personality. LOL! Too funny. My parents always said I was allowed to officially date when the guy can pick me up. Not his parents. 😊 So, 16-17? I think I had guys over before that, though. Don’t use me as an example – I started young. LOL. My podcast had Lance Bass on as a special guest and he was talking about how his first (well, Nsync’s first) manager ripped him and so many others off. It was pretty interesting. And then once the special guest left they were talking about sexual innuendos and it was making me laugh 😊 So, for these survey’s – the client wants to know weird things. How many drive thru lanes, how many entrances off of the street there are, is there an exit onto a one way street, can you see the branch from the road, is it stand alone, etc. All things that could really be accomplished by Google maps but the specified that they wanted us to physically go to each branch.

Margaret – Enjoy your rest day today – or should I say your taper 😊 You are just a racing machine!  There are vodka martinis!! 😊

Karen – With ya on the motion sickness! Have a great time! Loved that cute picture of you and DH! 😊 Don’t make that van rock too much now. LOL.

Kathryn – Good for you for standing up to that doctor! Thats hard for me to do so I envy those who can 😊 Sorry about the blister!

Busy freaking day! I love it! Smile I am going to try and get my traveling done tomorrow. My meeting on Friday with my asset manager is CANCELLED..so if I travel tomorrow I have all day Friday to catch up Smile

Picked out the plates! Plates, silverware, chairs, glasses...$3500. UNREAL. Can we use plastic?

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Half Crazy K 2.0

Lizzie,  we went to a wedding where they used plastic.  It was bizarre.  They were trying to cut expenses where they could. Maybe we could've had real silverware if the bride only wore one dress. She wore a fancy dress for the maybe 10 minute  ceremony and pictures,  then changed into a simpler one for the reception.

dhuffman63

Trails

Lizzie, just some stretches to start with from the PT.  Doc had given me anti-inflammatories but they did nothing to help.  Aleve wasn't helping much either. I don't want to take anything stronger as all it'll do is mask the pain and not fix the underlying problem.  After I get back from the conference and then vacation I have another appt and we can discuss exercises and a better time frame before I can resume training.  I'll just spend the rest of the year building back up and skip races for now.

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

I am not a fan of martinis.  There. I said it.

I ran 3 miles to work today. I took the long way as it is only 2 miles normally.

Rock climbing was hard. I couldn't do it but DH, DD1 and DS did very well. DD2 sat out due to a cold and her SO did ok. I have no upper body strength. Not to mention that there was no harness so I was afraid of falling and hurting myself. I am glad I went but won't likely go again. I do need to find something I enjoy.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

My face everytime I read you don't like martinis:

Damaris