Womens Running

Man, its MONDAY (DAILIES) (Read 19 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Again?

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

6.2 with some speed work. I did 5x .20/.20 rest. Heading to abs tonight!

Obviously I didn't cut speed work out. Ha. I was feeling pretty good this morning so I decided to keep what was scheduled. Great run! I didn't go crazy with the intervals..just increased pace a bit. It was a raining..so shocking - not really. So tired of the rain!! I have a small speedwork run tomorrow and then it should be smooth sailing until Sunday.

Forgot about a whole bunch of meetings today. Ew, I hate it when that happens. Hopefully it keeps my mind busy!

Weather for Sunday has become a little more pleasant..only 15 mph wind gusts and temps look like low 34 high 51. Not showing me dewpoint but it says at 51 the real feel will be 46. HMMMM... Smile Smile Smile

Laura – I heard on the news this morning that Applebees is closing a bunch of resturants! WOOT WOOT on the taxes!

Run4kupcakes – I am done with this rain as well. Nice miles this weekend!

Docket – Nice job on all of the racing this weekend! Especially on lack of sleep! You are awesome.

Have a great Monday everyone!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  RDs for me until we get back home.  Heading to the hospital today for his angio.

Lizzie, nice job on the workout.

Damaris

Seloc

Damaris – oh wow, that sounds like it must have been a super fun weekend!  Good luck to DH today.  Hope you can get some rest at the hospital.

HCK – nice job getting out there later in the day.  That is HARD to do!

Laura – I call it Crapplebees haha.  It isn’t so bad, I guess.  Hooray for free drinks!!  Oh man, congrats on getting the taxes done.  I’m still waiting on paperwork to start mine.  I’m soooooo jealous your snow is gone!!

Lizzie- okay, just stalked your weather for Sun.  It’s looking soooooooooo good!!  With a tailwind!  OMG I wish I could wiggle my nose and zip out there for the morning to watch.  Waiting is harrrrrrrrrrrrrd.  OMG were you ever productive at home!  Bummer about HCBFs car!  Glad he has an alternative for getting to the beach.  How did the pizza turn out?  I’ve been intrigued by the cauliflower crust but too lazy to try haha  Will you stay overnight for your marathon?

Kat – oh wow, did that sound HARD!!  Nice job conquering your fears and pushing through.  How do the legs feel?  And how fun on the airplane ride!  Wow, you are a fun traveler.

Gatsby – you REALLY want to trade weather with me??  Oh, I wouldn’t be so sure.  Congrats on the mountain trail race!  Wow, that sounds tough.  But gorgeous!!

Lots of couch time yesterday after a hard walk in the snow with injured RB.  Exciting Mich St vs WI mens basketball game.  I LOVE college BB – tourney time coming up!  Go Big10!  Mondays are usually rest days and it was 16* this morning so I rolled over.  Brought my stuff, though, to maybe get some miles in after work before volleyball practice.  Supposed to be almost 40*.  All week, in fact.  Will make morning running challenging with all the refreeze.  Heard on the news that we haven’t had this much snow this late in the season for the last 4 years.  Sigh.  May all your Monday’s fly by!

Morning!  RDs for me until we get back home.  Heading to the hospital today for his angio.

Lizzie, nice job on the workout.

Damaris, good thoughts to you and your hubby this week!

Lizzie, guess what, it's raining here today!  Sorry that does not mean you are getting less rain where you are.    I'm happy to see rain since we need it and my yard was so dry.

Seloc, ummm, congrats on the big snow totals?    Yes, you're right... I'd like to SEE snow but not live in it for months, or drive to work in it, or shovel sidewalks, or be freezing whenever I did anything outside...  Was going to tell you, I think we're going to Chile next year to do the 7th continent... Patagonia International Marathon in Sept. 2019.  Very tentative, but looks like it's well worth the trip.

Getting ready for work... hi to everyone else!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

A couple of photos of the race.

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Oh, the second photo down, we SLITHERED down a "path" to the right.  Lisa has a better photo.

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Plane ride over Lake Powell/Horseshoe Bend - no good photos of that.

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Damaris, best wishes for DH and you.

Hearty Commendations to all who raced! KATS, that is incredible for a “race”!

Friday was classes, meditation, yoga and 2 American History.

Saturday was SDO to heal up a little soreness.

Sunday was a very good 50 minute run on the track. DC and I went together.

Today I will either run outside or go to the gym with DC. Otherwise, I plan a grocery jaunt, then starting a books purge of my fiction when I get home.

Safe and happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Upper Antelope Canyon.  This was on Lisa's course.  I took a guided tour Sunday to see it.

dhuffman63

Trails

Wow Kat those pics are beautiful but it does look scary...don't think I could have done that.

Damaris, hope all goes well with DH today.  Thinking of you.  Nice job at Disney.

Lisa, WOW just wow...50 miles of that in 14 hours, incredible.

Diana, can't wait to hear how yours went.

Lizzie, don't really like Applebees but too bad for the people who will lose their jobs.  Nice on the speed work.  Can't wait for your next marathon!

Margaret, nice 35k!  Pretty area, big hill...lol.

Sandy my coworker played college BB...small college in KS so he gets excited this time of year.  Hurt his knee so doesn't play anymore.

Rest day for me.  34 mile week is the longest ever for me along with that 16 miles on the TM. 26 days to go and since it's a rail trail I'm fairly confident I'll get it done.  Weather will decide how nice or crappy it is.  Still hoping for under 10 hours.

Hi everyone.

dhuffman63

Trails

Why do running shoes have to cost so much

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Wow, nice races this weekend, ladies!  I was on call this weekend and basically sat around at home.  Though I did venture out Saturday morning to deliver Girl Scout cookies with DD, and I promptly fell on the black ice.  Scraped up my knuckles a little bit.  So I guess it's a good thing that I am not running now.    It's supposed to get up into the 50's this week, so I will be happy to not have to try to negotiate icy sidewalks for awhile!  Even though I haven't been running, walking the dogs has been an adventure.  My fast co-worker was supposed to run a 10K race on Saturday, they shortened the course due to the icy conditions and it ended up being a 8.4K race.  

Lizzie, one week left!  Sounds like nice weather for your race!  I hope you hear about the job.  Chili at the finish line?  That seems a little odd.  

Damaris, it looks like you had a lot of fun this weekend!

Sandy, wow you have gotten a lot of snow.    Nice 11 miler!  WI has not been doing so great in college BB this season.  Sounds like you will have our icy conditions this week.  Be careful out there!

Margaret, ooh, Chile to complete the continents?  Awesome!  Nice trail race this weekend.  That is quite a bit of elevation.    Have you seen snow before?

Kat, awesome pics!  You did great!  I am also not good with heights, so I could not do what you did.  I am glad that you had a great time!  That's what it's all about.  

Diane, congrats on another record week!

Elina, congrats on the floorball win!

Laura, sounds like you did a better job avoiding the black ice than I did.    I did my taxes on Turbo Tax too.  We always end up paying Federal Taxes, so I am not in a hurry to get it done.

Cathy

dhuffman63

Trails

Cathy I made chili yesterday, even if it was 60 degrees DH loves chili.  It actually tasted pretty good after the 16 miles but I walk and didn't race.  When I did run it took awhile after doing so for me to be hungry...chocolate mile was the best.

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Diane, I agree with the chocolate milk.  I usually don't want any food until a couple hours after I run.  The trail series in the summer has a fruit bar at the finish line.  That is awesome!