Womens Running

Busy Thursday (dailies) (Read 16 times)

Kilmisters

When it rains it pours, huh... So much work stuff to manage today.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Kilmisters

Yup, we had (literal, haha) rain yesterday too, the entire day. Good: didn't have to water my peppers. Bad: I don't think my running clothes are dry yet.

Kat, returning from vacay is never fun, but sometimes that ''wow, I hate to be back'' feeling is what opens your eyes re: having to change jobs. Not sure how bad it is in your case, of course. Hopefully it improves.

Damaris, yay for the contract!!

Sandy, glad to see/read you checking in Smile

Karen, our vaccination rate just recently got above 50%, it's a shitshow; mix of conspiracy theorists, people who think it's violation of their rights, Russian speakers (who we have many) following Putin/Sputnik propaganda... Sigh...

Rumors that lockdown will continue after Nov14, but only for non-vaccinated people. Hopefully that's the case. Gathering some technical info for Estonia trip, can't wait!

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

Half Crazy K 2.0

Heading into the office today. Yippee! Had a flurry of e-mails at the end of the day about scheduling a meeting for this afternoon, one of the questions wass should we meet in person or Zoom. Common sense prevailed and we're meeting on Zoom (plus, I work on a different campus than all the rest, so I'd have to drive there). Guess my doctor will call at some point today, got the lab work back (that was quick, less than 12 hours). Low iron saturation. Vit D is fine (51). Ferritin is ok. So no clue how this gets interpretted, the CBC didn't show me as anemic.

Kilmisters, do you need to show proof of vaccination when you go plaes? Or are they relying on the unvaccinated to be honest? I honestly have no clue what our "real" vaccination rate is. Our governor keeps saying 85%, but I think that is 18+ with 1 shot. The state dashboards show hugely different, much lower numbers.

Kilmisters

Kilmisters, do you need to show proof of vaccination when you go plaes? Or are they relying on the unvaccinated to be honest? I honestly have no clue what our "real" vaccination rate is. Our governor keeps saying 85%, but I think that is 18+ with 1 shot. The state dashboards show hugely different, much lower numbers.

Prior this lockdown we needed to show vaccination QR code when entering indoor dining or sports events; I think opera/theater as well (wasn't attending those, not my thing), and also ID card to prove it's our code, not borrowed from anyone. Also, when travelling to Finland we couldn't get past the first safety check w/o either this code or negative test. From what I am reading, now in Estonia you can only dine inside if you have vaccination QR code, negative test doesn't do it anymore (that's government's attempt to boost vaccination rates).

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Elina, good luck with getting everything done!

Kathi, I obviously don't do human medicine, but sound boring.  Good news - it IS boring, you're healthy!  YAY.  Bad new - why are you not feeling well...  Hate when there is not a quick and easy fix.

Sandy, are you looking into Rouge's The Maze?  I was googling Austin running events and that was the best I could come up with.  I am only 90 min from Austin, so I'd love to see you too.  I can't do the race though, I am too slow.

Karen, at least there is a light at the end of the tunnel!  (And it isn't an oncoming train.)  That is so frustrating, but I bet not uncommon.  Can't wait to see the pics and one day the finished product.  26 laps?

Today is chill.  Lawn guys are working on the backyard today.  Front seems done and looks spectacular!  Later I get either a previous tattoo spruced up, or a new one started.  Not sure which he has planned.

I got my Lisbon guide book yesterday and am trying to figure out some activities and dinners.  Frustrated, most of the activities are late afternoon which coincides with dinner...  (I'm looking into food/wine/history tours.)  First world spoiled brat problems, I know...

Sigh...  Four days off before I leave in 2 weeks.  Need to get some stuff done around the house and maybe not leave it in such a bad state before my house sitter comes again.

Happy Thursday.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Half Crazy K 2.0

Kat, I assume the low iron store is what has caused the crappy runs and leg crampiness. I don't know if it's the type of thing that turns into anemia if not addressed. I suppose Dr Google can tell me. Yay on the yard looking good.

Howdy! Halloween playlist at spin class this morning was fun. Got a massage yesterday and still feel wiped out. Back is better, not 100% but I can turn my head so yay!  I am still so swamped w work! Ugh. Hoping I will catch up soon. Just crazytown.

Damaris--How exciting on the new house!!

Margaret--Which IM was cancelled?  I did Panama City 70.3 (before it was an IM owned race) and they should have cancelled--tide was very rough, and the wind was so strong I saw two riders get blown over!

DH found a 66 Mustang for sale so we are headed over to check it out at lunchtime.

Later friends!!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yeah, same here. New chapter 11 and we have hearings on Monday (which I had off and have to cancel - sigh my massage therapist appointment gah), objections by tomorrow (which I have off, have a massage and will not cancel it), so I might not run today. I have Pilates after work and that's OK for now. I'll run after my massage, which I don't like to do but..

Elina, it's been raining here since last week too.

HCK, so why can't you do zoom from home?

Kat, chill and relax. I love Portuguese food, so eat some cod on my behalf.

Susan, ooh, I wonder what kind of songs they put on a Halloween mix?

Damaris

LC Runs

4 morning miles for me - 48 degrees!

Work is a cluster for me, as well.  Blah

Elina - I hope things open back up for you in November.

Kathi - glad your meeting is on Zoom. We have a CPR training on zoom today, LOL

Kat - whoo hoo for your next vacay!

Sue - hope the back feels better soon!

Damaris - enjoy the massage!

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

2x2.5 miles@8:25 min/mi today, my last tempo workout!  Woo-hoo!!    Dreary day, but got out before it started raining, just some mist.  Made dinner for TF last night, then we went to an event at a friend's store.  She has a shop that sells protein smoothies, iced teas, etc.  She also made some protein balls which were yummy.  My company is talking about a partial return to the office on Nov 15, only for those that are fully vaccinated.

Elina, interesting that the lockdown will continue for those that are not vaccinated!

Kupcakes, will be interesting to see what the doc has to say.

Kat, sounds like fun planning your Lisbon trip!  Cool about your yard!

Sue, Halloween playlist sounds fun!

Damaris, dang on work interfering with your massages!  Excited to hear more about the house!

Karen, I would imagine that living out of the van is getting old!  Hopefully you will figure something out for the end of next week!  26 loops?  That would be fun.  

Hi Sandy!  Yeah, running London will not be cheap.  Almost feel like I should explore other places in Europe if I do go all the way over there!  I've never been to Europe.  I never really considered travelling overseas to run marathons... I've barely traveled in the US to do them...  I guess it does sound cool.    I was talking to someone that has run the Loch Ness Marathon in Scotland several times, sounds really nice!   Ha, I guess there is the assumption that TF and I will be together next October!  I guess he is starting to believe that I am for real.  

CC, my impression of the Seven Continents Club is that it's for people that are retired and really well off... pricey!    TF met some of the people in London and they do seem that way.  The group he met there is planning a trip to Tokyo in the spring and are trying to convince TF to go.  There is a qualifying time to try to run London but it only applies to those that live in the UK.  Otherwise you have to enter the lottery, which is notoriously difficult to gain an entry.  For my age group it's a sub 4 hour, so easier than Boston.  The other option is to try to be one of the fastest in your age group, like TF... but I think I am a ways from that.     8x800m is tough with no build-up!  Glad you are feeling better.

Laura, awesome that you had a nice getaway!  The new garage door is pretty sweet.  

Cathy

Kilmisters

Kat, can't you find activities that involve dinner, haha? Sorry, bad joke. You can alternate perhaps. How long are you staying there? Thinking what the next Southern European country could be for you - perhaps Greece? (:

Cathy, nice tempo workout!

CC, just saw your run on Strava, nice job too!

60mins easy today, totally effortless. Already used to shifting the runs slightly earlier (6-6:30pm) due to damn curfew, but not happy about that. This entire consistent mileage/low HR thing is going really well; my last rest (no running/no floorball) day was October 11, but I am feeling totally fine. Not letting my guard down, of course. As per the way things are going, Tallinn week could be my rest week, but time will show; depends also what's going to happen w floorball after the end of current lockdown.

ccoakley

Kilmisters, awesome that the low HR/steady mileage is working for you.  Barring unvaccinated people from being around others in public makes perfect sense to me.  I would hands-down switch and do all my shopping at any store that required that here.

HCK, glad you only have to go to 1 office today.  Hope your dr has some answers for you.  Is your energy level down the rest of the day too or only when working out?

Kats, sounds like lots of fun planning the next adventure!

Sue, glad your back is better

Damaris, sorry work is getting in the way of your massages and runs.  Very exciting on the new house, will it be easy to sell your current one?

LC runs, brrrr!  Nice run in those chilly temps.  CPR over zoom? …..sounds interesting

Cathy, awesome tempo run! Wow, I had no idea London was so hard to get into.  We got word yesterday that we’re going to be allowed to telework 8 days/pay period so basically 1 day in the office every 2 weeks since 90% of us do the compressed 9 day schedule.  But no word yet on when we go back.

Seloc, ughh all those meetings sound exhausting.  And with all your exercise in the morning that makes for a really long day for you.  Any temptation to move to CO?  A trail run sounds fun, have you done many of those?

Karen, looks like from Strava you opted for the 26 laps.  I don’t know how you can do that, I’d get so bored and quit after 10 max.

Beautiful fall day here.  I’m excited I get to go back outside and pick up DD from school.  Did an easy 8 with walk breaks.  All my runs this week I’ve had a hard time breathing.  It comes and goes but just every so often I can’t quite get a deep breath.  Tues and Wed I assumed it was still vaccine side effects but if it happens again tomorrow….

5k 24:53 (2020) |10k 52:24 (2021) |HM 1:57:14 (2019) |FM 4:24 (2007) |50k 5:57 (2022)

Kilmisters

So, I am lazily scrolling Twitter feed while one of my Excels is loading and notice a headline ''Estonia is imposing more restrictions in response to Covid surge'' and I'm like NNNOOOO. Google, search settings to ''last 24hrs'', click on the first article... Phew. Mandatory masks indoors (previously was just a reccomendation), no biggie. All indoors stuff incl. events, restaurants etc. must be closed till 11pm, no biggie, it's not like I was planning to party till morning. PHEW.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

So, as luck would have it, the massage therapist has a spot at 4:30pm so all I need is to run earlier that day, do my appointment and head to him. Sigh. Crisis averted.

Cathy, we'll chat more about it and I'll show you pics when we meet.

This is the basement bedroom (it has one with a walk in closet and a big bathroom). This will be the pilates room:

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

CC, I think so. But we will sell when we are fully moved and without rush. The market is hot and the area is great. And the price.

Elina, phew!

Toodles like Kat says!

Damaris