Country Music Marathon (Read 1322 times)

Anyone else planning on running this in April? I will be there probably in corral 2 but maybe in corral 1.

"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas"  Davy Crockett

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yea, but haven't registered. Supposedly, the guy from Elite I met last year will hook me up with a discount if I call him...I just keep forgetting to call.
        In for the second year. If you make it, you will come back again. This is a great race
          In for the second year. If you make it, you will come back again. This is a great race
          Been there the past 2 years. It is one of my favorites. You will find me at Legends on the Corner Thursday and Saturday with Friday being my annual trip to the Grand Ole Opry. See ya there.

bhearn

I was also there the past two years. I may be back, but I'm still sorting out my spring marathon schedule.
            bhearn

From today's Tennessean: http://www.tennessean.com/article/20090218/FEATURES01/90218057/1004/FEATURES
              About time. Also I'll be interested to see the course changes. The last 5ish miles are not the greatest.
                From today's Tennessean: http://www.tennessean.com/article/20090218/FEATURES01/90218057/1004/FEATURES
                I saw this on their website the other day. It is a solid change that I wish all made. Houston gave a cotton shirt for simply registering then an Under Armour Shirt for finishing. Now that was a score... support on the course a medal and 2 shirts for the entry fee I paid. Sugoi is a good product as well.

xor

Yeah, Elite is changing. I first noticed this in their announcement for the new LV race in December. Looks like they are coming back in time to do some earlier races. This bodes well for the three that I'm doing this year - SD, Seattle (maybe), and SA. Sort of. If they are white technical shirts that are kind of see-through (like at Surf City), they will still suck. But... wow, a positive, runner-focused change from Elite. This is, like, the first one since they discovered corraling back 2005ish.

The shirt is awesome, but I am truly curious about the course change... Shelby doesn't bother me, I mean through that area is lonely, but it's at least FAIRLY flat. I'd love to stay out of the greenway over on Great Circle and Rosa Parks. That's my least favorite part of the course. It's so lonely out there, plus the hill at 17 which is then leading to 19 sucks.

Buffalo Gal Rides Again

I'm in with four others from my running group. We did San Antonio and I'm hoping for better logistics from Elite. Happy, happy about the Sugoi shirt.
                      March: Irish Jig 5K (DONE), Kent City Ridge Run 5K (DONE) April: Iron Girl 5K (DONE), Kentucky Derby Half May: 5/3 (10K) July: Cherry Festival 15K August: Chicago Rock N Roll Half, Crim Festival of Races (10 miler) October: Grand Rapids Marathon (Half-Hometown Gig)
                        The shirt is awesome, but I am truly curious about the course change... Shelby doesn't bother me, I mean through that area is lonely, but it's at least FAIRLY flat. I'd love to stay out of the greenway over on Great Circle and Rosa Parks. That's my least favorite part of the course. It's so lonely out there, plus the hill at 17 which is then leading to 19 sucks.
                        You know the whole course is good but I find that steady climb from miles 17-19 to be the worst part of the course as well. Not enough to deter me from making this race one of my fav's. Buffalo Gal I was not at SA but have done some of the other Elite races and by far CMM has the logistics and organization wrapped up in comparison to the ones I have ran. Nashville is one of my favorite cities and running marathons is my favorite past time so the combo is almost unbeatable.

If it's a short sleeved shirt (as most Spring marathons are) black strikes me as an odd color choice. If you're wearing a short sleeved tech shirt, you're probably not looking to absorb as much heat from the sun as possible. And if you're going to put it on before sunrise or after sunset, it's not going to do wonders for your visibility. If I'm buying a black or navy tech shirt, it's got long sleeves.

E.J.
                          Greater Lowell Road Runners
                          Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

xor

I'm in with four others from my running group. We did San Antonio and I'm hoping for better logistics from Elite. Happy, happy about the Sugoi shirt.
                            I've done all of Elite's fulls (not the halves at Virginia Beach or San Jose), and I have to say that they actually did really well in SA by Elite's general standards. The thing I've learned is that Elite relies a lot... A LOT... on local folks to do lots of the legwork. This is why the food at the end of SA, in comparison, was way better than the food at CMM or SD. For some reason, Elite is obsessed with point-to-point courses and so shuttle logistics are always a big deal. Anyway, you shouldn't expect better logistics at CMM except for one big fact: unlike SA, the finish stadium at CMM offers a lot more parking and easier access coming/going than the goofy alamodome.