Cool Running...Just Left! (Read 3219 times)

Len

Damn Yankee

Chalk up another CR drifter.The Very Warm Welcomes here are inspiring!!! You guys ROCK!!Some incredibly knowledable runners here as well. Joe
    Hey Joe- I took a look at your profile and saw that you're from Bricktown. I live in Texas now, but I was born and raised in Bricktown (till 5th grade) then Toms River. Any chance I can get you to mail me some pork roll and a couple of things from Mulberry Street?

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. Carl Bard

Unlike some of you, I've emigrated because Active apparently hates me. Whenever I try to use the "community," i get a system error. They don't want me. So sad. I don't know if Nobby's made it over here yet, but here's my suggestion. Open up a forum board on the Lydiard website. (formerly martinjames)
        Another refugee here, Great Running log! Currently lurking the discussion threads, I'm staying Smile

"The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling." - Lucretius

I hope you stick around here, Figbash. There is probably a whole new generation of newbies that need to be told that running will not cause them to lose weight. Big grin Big grin
          Well if you're a healthy weight when you start running, running may not make you lose weight. If you are overweight when you start running, running DOES cause you to lose weight.

"The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling." - Lucretius

Member Since 2008

Welcome all.

Feeling the growl again

Another longtime CR regular checking in over here. I don't know yet if I'll bail completely but it's getting pretty empty over there and I recognize a lot of screen names already on this thread. I changed mine, we'll see how long it takes someone to figure me out... Big grin

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

va

spaniel, bail, it's better here...welcome Wink

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

I've been lamenting the loss of my CR log too. Eric et al have a nice log here and it was so nice of RA to provide the delux treatment of personally uploading the logs. I can search routes again! I'll lurk the posts for awhile to get a feel. Looks like a nice community.

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

LookiLoo

Hi all ~ another coolrunning refugee here! I spent most of my time in multisport, but I'm really having a hard time getting used to the format on active. I see Cocarrie made it over here too; hopefully there are enough multisporters coming over to make it feel like home! Heidi

Hill Runner

I just registered and I'm checking in here to "kick the tires" and "press the buttons". Smile Very nice online running log here...fortunately I saved the data from my CR log right before the changeover and uploaded it to the online log here. It works great. Kudos to whoever wrote the script... I hope to be posting here as well as at KR.

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
                      Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
                      Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13

...---...

Add another refugee. Think I've found a new home here. Luckily, I downloaded my log to excel prior to that active hostile take over...er, I mean, merger. I suppose I "anticipated" a FUBAR situation. Anyway, glad to be here.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

SMART Approach

As a former CR lurker, I loved reading your posts. So... I really hope you stick around here. Okay, I'll stop before it crosses the fine line into cyberstalking or something. Big grin
                          Galberras, Thanks. Nice to feel wanted/needed. Ha!

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

Drunk Half Lotus Pose

Maybe I'm just a dumbass but I couldn't figure out how/where to find my log at that active joint...too many clicks...I was lost....hated it. Quick personal hits- Mainly a lurker at CR. Thinking of joining the 1000 club here. Recognize CallieB and TrishieRunner from CK. ~Jen
                            Jennifer

Rim Rock Dad

I'm with you guys! I just left the mess last night, and don't regret it in the least.
                              James "We're only at home when we're on the run." -Neil Peart
                                There's room for more than one good site for runners to meet and it's nice to have found this one. I don't consider myself to be a refugee though. I'll continue to post at the new Active version of CR and also at Kickrunners. It's all good. Smile
                                Age 60 plus best times: 5k 19:00, 10k 38:35, 10m 1:05:30, HM 1:24:09, 30k 2:04:33