Beginners and Beyond

A conversation about RWOL, the beginners forum, L&O as was and anyone else who wants to join in. (Read 273 times)

RSX

Odd response.  I think BB might be better served to read the L&O info about KK as a "friendly word of advice" rather than them having fun with her.  And I'm pretty sure L&O not only can live without her, but there is great rejoicing by some.  As for "you must secretly (sp) want her to come back", are you still in junior high?

The reason why RWOL was better than this incarnation of BB is that they got fresh folks which allowed for running talk and actual "beginner" stuff.  This place has whittled itself down to a mini clique not unlike L&O but weirdly much, much meaner.

It has been interesting to lurk over the past six months and watch this.

You waited 6 months to say this? Thanks for contributing.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Sorry, I think I came to the wrong place. I was looking for a running forum.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Birdwell

Sorry, I think I came to the wrong place. I was looking for a running forum.

I believe you're looking for this place http://www.letsrun.com/forum/forum.php?board=1

gusgordon

So when will people start posting ass shots in this thread?

happylily

So when will people start posting ass shots in this thread?

Didn't I just see one in your post?

It's a joke. Big grin

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

All I did was ask about drinking water after a long run, because even though I'm not a total noob, I'm having some issues with it.

And I said something about RWOL and an article about barefoot running.

And they banned me.

Those power-hunger L&O people are stuck in the past, when it was all macho, "haze all the new runners", expect everyone to embrace pain and train dangerously hard and run fast. They completely don't get the modern kinder, gentler running world, where all finishers get a medal, because we appreciate everyone who tries, and we're supportive, and C25K really is accessible to the general population, not just the skinny genetic freaks.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Birdwell

2 side notes:

1st: Where have freesoul87 and PGD been through this whole conversation? (this just seems like their kind of thread, although it has gotten pretty tough lately)

2nd: Are B&Bers scared to go start similar threads over in L&O, or have you all just been banned?

scappodaqui

rather be sprinting

Odd response.  I think BB might be better served to read the L&O info about KK as a "friendly word of advice" rather than them having fun with her.  And I'm pretty sure L&O not only can live without her, but there is great rejoicing by some.  As for "you must secretly (sp) want her to come back", are you still in junior high?

The reason why RWOL was better than this incarnation of BB is that they got fresh folks which allowed for running talk and actual "beginner" stuff.  This place has whittled itself down to a mini clique not unlike L&O but weirdly much, much meaner.

Beginning to notice that.   I am sad now.

Migrating back to RWOL to check it out...

PRs: 5k 19:25, mile 5:38, HM 1:30:56

Lifting PRs: bench press 125lb, back squat 205 lb, deadlift 245lb

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Because quite frankly I don't have to be here, and contrary to a few drama threads I have started in the past I honestly don't care for drama or negative conversations. I only respond because you typed my name, bye now. Smile

2 side notes:

1st: Where have freesoul87 and PGD been through this whole conversation? (this just seems like their kind of thread, although it has gotten pretty tough lately)

2nd: Are B&Bers scared to go start similar threads over in L&O, or have you all just been banned?

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Birdwell

Because quite frankly I don't have to be here, and contrary to a few drama threads I have started in the past I honestly don't care for drama or negative conversations. I only respond because you typed my name, bye now. Smile

Why did you change your original post?

You came off as nice, thoughtful, and talking about lurking here and simply having nothing to add to the conversation.

You come off a little differently in this post.

RSX

Why did you change your original post?

You came off as nice, thoughtful, and talking about lurking here and simply having nothing to add to the conversation.

You come off a little differently in this post.

I don't get the need to look at past threads as it sounds creepy. You come off a little differently in this post.

sacgirl3.0

king of the divan

$25 for yes? The passive aggression though is definitely more mature/ high school, although I could be wrong- it's been a while.

dog person

I could never figure out why I got the ban hammer. I posted once in a thread that had something about 'would you eat a dog' and got banned a few minutes later. I gave up after that.

MrNamtor 5/2/2013 Banned
                            SinisterGates 5/2/2013 Banned
                            Wayne LaPierre 12/26/2012 Banned
                            China Doll 1/9/2013 Banned
                            TakeOverTheWorld 12/24/2012 Banned
                            Jamezilla 6/9/2013 Banned
                            ih8d_r 6/8/2013 Banned
                            PTRuns 6/9/2013 Banned
                            StormCrow 5/2/2013 Banned
                            cwoodsrun 12/26/2012 Banned
                            FreeSoul87 6/8/2013 Banned
                            Better I Leave 5/2/2013 Banned
                            perfectform 6/13/2013 Banned
                            scrape 6/10/2013 Banned
                            Docket_Rocket 6/8/2013 Banned
                            asdkajhd123 6/11/2013 Banned
                            Gallowalker 3/14/2013 Banned
                            chandakitty 6/14/2013 Banned
                            ruppNum1Fan 6/5/2013 Banned
                            fappage 5/7/2013 Banned
                            Whee 6/8/2013 Banned
                            run dog 1/17/2013 Banned
                            BuchananBrigader 4/29/2013 Banned
                            el perrero 1/17/2013 Banned
                            NeilPeart 1/30/2013 Banned
                            katylane 6/15/2013 Banned
                            dotstar 6/14/2013 Banned
                            LRB 6/8/2013 Banned
                            Beeman548 12/23/2012 Banned
                            UsednAbused 1/31/2013 Banned
                            TOBSeton 5/2/2013 Banned

No idea who banned Docket_Rocket or why, but I suppose she is banned.  In an abuse of my mod powers, you'll see the complete list of people banned from LnO above.  Most of them are Jammin trolls, KK is not one of them.

Kristian

happylily

I could never figure out why I got the ban hammer. I posted once in a thread that had something about 'would you eat a dog' and got banned a few minutes later. I gave up after that.

Now's your chance. Apparently they are granting pardons at the moment...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

kittenkat

The c word is repulsive

Now's your chance. Apparently they are granting pardons at the moment...

It's not 'they' it's one person. The rest haven't been asked.

Also while you're here, that top in your Avatar. Where's it from? I get paid tomorrow and am looking for some new running gear.