Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #37 (Read 29 times)

bluerun

Super B****

Is this my job now? Can I get on the payroll??

9 on the AlterG with 8x800

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

We don't have a budget to pay you, though!

We got more sleet and some ice last night but surprisingly, the roads were like normal. I have an RD. I might go out and run a couple of miles but I think I'm going to play piano instead and rest a bit.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Damn, you beat me to it! I was just about to start the dailies when I saw you already did 

Hit the gym this morning, most back with some Delts

Went home, grabbed Jetta and got an awful run in. I know it is just coincidence but I swear the stiffness in my legs and hips seem to get worse with cold weather...🤦‍♀️

First 3-4 miles sucked, the final 2 weren't too bad. I've got a massage appointment this morning, my hips, glutes and quads need it.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Went home, grabbed Jetta and got an awful run in. I know it is just coincidence but I swear the stiffness in my legs and hips seem to get worse with cold weather...🤦‍♀️

Welcome to getting old!

Damaris

Cyberic

You don't want this job. It's volunteer work, but people complain about the choice of title 

Pulled something in my groin from doing sprints on Monday, and running on the stupid indoor track on Tuesday. Can't seem to find a way to run fast / push hard in the winter.

onemile

Damn, you beat me to it! I was just about to start the dailies when I saw you already did 

Hit the gym this morning, most back with some Delts

First 3-4 miles sucked, the final 2 weren't too bad. I've got a massage appointment this morning, my hips, glutes and quads need it.

Did you cancel the dry needling?

onemile

Pulled something in my groin from doing sprints on Monday, and running on the stupid indoor track on Tuesday. Can't seem to find a way to run fast / push hard in the winter.

Is your groin okay for easy running still?

bluerun

Super B****

We don't have a budget to pay you, though!

We got more sleet and some ice last night but surprisingly, the roads were like normal. I have an RD. I might go out and run a couple of miles but I think I'm going to play piano instead and rest a bit.

The shitty thing is that neither does my actual employer.

chasing the impossible

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

The shitty thing is that neither does my actual employer.

At least we are better than your employer; we give you time to run while at work...

Damaris

bluerun

Super B****

You don't want this job. It's volunteer work, but people complain about the choice of title 

Let them complain!

Running fast in the winter sucks. It sucks when it's too hot, too, but for other reasons. Either way, hope the groin is 100% real soon. Groin pain always freaks me out (funny how multiple pelvic fractures has that effect).

chasing the impossible

bluerun

Super B****

At least we are better than your employer; we give you time to run while at work...

If I "work" 24/7...

chasing the impossible

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Did you cancel the dry needling?

Yeah, Monday and Tuesday all the stiffness had gone away and then I took yesterday off (not really needed, but just busy) and so this morning was a surprise. My massage thingy is definitely helping though, but after Monday I had kind of backed off on my foam rolling, stick rolling and stretching 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

onemile

Yeah, Monday and Tuesday all the stiffness had gone away and then I took yesterday off (not really needed, but just busy) and so this morning was a surprise. My massage thingy is definitely helping though, but after Monday I had kind of backed off on my foam rolling, stick rolling and stretching 

so you canceled the dry needle appointment but kept your massage appointment? 

someone chickened out.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Forgot to mention I tested the Stryd on the TM. The pace on the TM was 10:33 while the pace on the Stryd was closer to 12mm. And it definitely didn't feel like 12mm (but also not 10:33mm). It didn't help that ServPro put the TM looking towards the wall and when we turned it, I don't think we leveled it well against the mat underneath and it trembles. After 3 miles I was done and preferring ice on the road than that shit, lol.

Cy, forgot to ask, should I have turn the GPS off for the TM run? I felt I didn't need to since I got the distance and pace from the Stryd. Here is my lovely map:

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

so you canceled the dry needle appointment but kept your massage appointment? 

someone chickened out.

More to it than that, but I don't want to discuss it  if it comes back and refuses to leave, I'll find a chiropractor.

PRs