Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #30 (Read 31 times)

Cyberic

Yup, a rolling 30 days with this dailies naming pattern

Cyberic

Did some 15-20 seconds pickups (strides on the go) on my commute.

I checked the data of my workout yesterday, in which I ran hard but was too slow, and sure enough my HR was up there, it's just that my speed has decreased.

So I need to build both speed and resistance to lactate.

I definitely need to change what I was doing (or not doing) if I want more PRs.

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

ran 5 easy. the naming pattern does make it easy but is also less interesting than in the past...

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! I have the dreadful 8 with hills I've been moving around like crazy.

I have my first evidentiary hearing here (like a mini trial) at 11am. And of course, we have no computer system because something happened. Hoping I can get online to finalize the stuff before 11.

PS, the wire transfers from the closing went out on Monday but still BOA has not zeroed out. No idea how long these take?

Damaris

bluerun

Super B****

ran 5 easy. the naming pattern does make it easy but is also less interesting than in the past...

You can always put an addendum... like the title on the day of Houston

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

bluerun

Super B****

I ran 10.5 on the AlterG with 4x 1mi @MP, 1mi @HMP.

Before going to bed last night I knew I wouldn't be getting much sleep because my anxiety has been out of control, but I really could have done without the whole "fighting with my phone over an iOS update" thing. I am exhausted.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

delicate flower

Good morning, lovelies.  I swam this morning for the 4th time this month.  Last year I was swimming 4x a week.  But it's all good, and I actually did a couple hundred more yards this morning (2200 total).  Easy run later. 

<3

delicate flower

I've got a Rubik's Cube on my desk that I got from a conference years ago.  I fiddle with it often when I am on conference calls or trying to think through something.  I got to wondering how long it would take to solve if I just kept turning it randomly like I usually do.  Google says it would take 137 billion years, assuming I turn it at lightning speed and don't ever stop. 

<3

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

I've got a Rubik's Cube on my desk that I got from a conference years ago.  I fiddle with it often when I am on conference calls or trying to think through something.  I got to wondering how long it would take to solve if I just kept turning it randomly like I usually do.  Google says it would take 137 billion years, assuming I turn it at lightning speed and don't ever stop. 

you've got to get busy turning then!

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

You can always put an addendum... like the title on the day of Houston

good point...next time I'm first, there could be a random addendum! 

Cyberic

That's why I'm starting to have doubts about the theory of evolution: In less than what? 2 billion years? Less? We went from being random elements, to amino acids, to unicellular living things, to birds, to mammals, to human beings. Given how long it can take for a random evolutionary change to appear, and to catch on, I find it's a mathematically (statistically) challenging theory.

sdWhiskers

3.1 miles. A very blah non-descript run.

Baboon--I have tennis balls on my desk. I worked with an executive coach at one point and she encouraged me to do something right brained (like juggle) to balance out all my left brain-ness. The balls have only been used when my son has come into work with me, lol

sdWhiskers

That's why I'm starting to have doubts about the theory of evolution: In less than what? 2 billion years? Less? We went from being random elements, to amino acids, to unicellular living things, to birds, to mammals, to human beings. Given how long it can take for a random evolutionary change to appear, and to catch on, I find it's a mathematically (statistically) challenging theory.

This is pretty deep for a Thursday morning. My initial thought: so having it all created in 7 days makes more sense? Ha

There's a lot of scientific work being done in origins of life/universe type stuff, which I don't really follow. I would say that when you think about how short the lifespan is of different (micro)organisms, you can start seeing those evolutionary changes to be quite quick. Humans, not so much. But even in a mouse, we can make a lot of genetic changes fairly quickly.

Cyberic

This is pretty deep for a Thursday morning. My initial thought: so having it all created in 7 days makes more sense? Ha

There's a lot of scientific work being done in origins of life/universe type stuff, which I don't really follow. I would say that when you think about how short the lifespan is of different (micro)organisms, you can start seeing those evolutionary changes to be quite quick. Humans, not so much. But even in a mouse, we can make a lot of genetic changes fairly quickly.

6 days, actually. HE rested on the 7th day. 

DavePNW

137 billion years

I’ve had meetings like that.

Incidentally in my youth, when those things first got big, I got a book to learn how to solve them. I was able to do it consistently in about 2 minutes. But it was definitely not a skill I retained. I can still however make an origami bird, another thing I learned from a book as a kid. Yes I sure knew how to have a good time.

Dave