Masters Running

Wed Nov 12 Runs and Workouts (Read 521 times)

Teresa -- MrMunch had to program a timer to put on DD2's phone when she was a teenager. It automatically turned off her phone at 10 on school nights and 11 on Fri. & Sat. Turned on at 7. Worked really well. Was kinda funny when she just got cut off in mid-sentence....this was before she believed we really had set up the timer. I think we still have it for the grandkids if we need it!
    Love that idea! You guys were generous, though! We had an 8:00 a.m./p.m. curfew. Now our self-imposed curfew for people to call us is 9:00 a.m./p.m. I scratch my head over people who can talk on the phone forever. Never did it as a teenager, and am even more allergic to it as an adult. Best Invention Ever: The Answering Machine. Tramps - My friend finally reverted to contacts for her running events. No need for anti-fog applications or mini wipers.

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

If I didn't like running in the rain...I would hardly run at all in the PNW... I DON'T LIKE THE WIND !!!
      Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
        I did a nice speed workout with my buddy Joel this evening, our first one together since he got sick in August, this felt great except for the fact that it got so dark during our run...oh and our interval work was in a cemetary where we don't have to worry about traffic or people for that matter. We have a nice .5 mile loop set up that includes some nice rolling hills and turns that closely simulate a lot of race courses around here. 2.5 Mile warm up – 22:18 – (8:56) – 114 / 125 8 x .5 mile intervals w/2 minute recoveries 1 - .5 mile – 3:10 – (6:20) 130/141 - .20 miles – 2:00 2 – .5 mile – 3:09 – (6:18) 136/143 - .20 miles – 2:00 3 – .5 mile – 3:09 – (6:18) 140/145 - .20 miles – 2:00 4 – .5 mile – 3:05 – (6:10) 141/148 - .20 miles – 2:00 5 – .5 mile – 3:04 – (6:08) 142/148 - .20 miles – 2:00 6 – .5 mile – 3:03 – (6:06) 143/148 - .20 miles – 2:00 7 – .5 mile – 3:00 – (6:00) 144/150 - .20 miles – 2:00 8 – .5 mile – 2:53 – (5:46) 147/154 - .20 miles – 2:00 .75 Mile cool down – 7:01 (9:22) – 120/126 Total – 8.65 Miles – 1:07:52 – (7:51)
        evanflein

Just back from meeting up with Tetsujin this evening, now getting ready to head off to dinner with a retirement plan rep. Sure had fun speed-walking with him all over the downtown Seattle streets looking for a couple of stores he wanted to show me... Lots of hugs, too... at least 5 or so. He said something about getting ready for Holly, I think. I had an Equinox shirt I'd gotten for him and that sure lit up his eyes. Sure like that guy. Thanks, Tet!
          Mariposai

Just back from meeting up with Tetsujin this evening, now getting ready to head off to dinner with a retirement plan rep. Sure had fun speed-walk Lots of hugs, too... at least 5 or so. He said something about getting ready for Holly, I think.
            hum... i sure hope he has enough hugs left...

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Marathon Maniac #3309

me too coming from a cooler rainy coastal climate, I love doing anything in the rain, especially when it's a nice warm rain in the fifties like now and not down in the low forties and thirties and worse like some of the winter events.
              tet, your opinion does not count right now. You really really need to focus...because I am on your heels tapering buddie ( don't you dare use the Tammy Sue card on me). I "non" ran today to keep up with ya, and Twokitty prolly fell off the wagon and is "pull'n" a Forrest Gump on us, run'n across the Counrty right now.... Erika, sooo sorry you are with us, but feel like I am in great company...you! Icing my stoopid foot Tim, and want to run!

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Marathon Maniac #3309

Since my schedule is flexible, I almost always avoid running in the rain. As a result, I have little experience doing so. However, it doesn't take much rain to learn that it's annoying to have all those water droplets on my glasses (which I have to keep on so I don't run into a phone pole or something Tongue ). I also learned that wearing a hat makes no difference. Hypothetically speaking...if I were to, say, run a marathon in the rain in the mid-50s...would you suggest doing anything different in terms of clothes or anything? I usually wear double-layered Wright socks for long runs but would these get water-logged and heavy in the rain? What about Ipod Shuffle which, now that I have one, I might bring to a hypothetical marathon. I'm thinking putting the unit in little plastic bag and clipping it to my waistband underneath my shirt should take care of it, right? This is all hypothetical, of course. Big grin ETA: I miss Thunderbolter.
                Tramps, shirtless... I tell ya, shirtless. If you want details, just let me know...easy, just don't put a shirt on, lol. Worked for me till mile 16.... Goofy Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Warning: if your name is timmy do not read this message. Private message to equinox queen - my head is still spinning from today's goddess nonrun, . . . . . . and being your taper day 10 made it even more special. I've always known that the Equinox Marathon up there is one of the best of any I've ever done but the new sunshine Tee w/black mesh side stripes will be so perfect for when Holly comes out, . . . to say nothing of all the valuable hug practice and tips! thanks. posie - thanks for the flowers/chocolate tric,,.. I mean tips.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

tramps/wildchild - it's actually so rainy here in the PNW that I have one of those umbrella hats and spent most of a Saturday in one of our more stormy/rainy Seattle Marathon years with rubber bands, velcrow strips, etc. trying to keep it to stay on in the wind, . . . I mean because I run so fast. I still haven't figured out how to make it stay put but a cap bill (sometimes pulled way down so I can't see that much scenery) keeps the glasses dry. ps - put long piece of rectangular plastic under cap and over shoulders to keep rain from running off cap down back of neck.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Marathon Maniac #3309

Just back from meeting up with Tetsujin this evening, now getting ready to head off to dinner with a retirement plan rep. Sure had fun speed-walking with him all over the downtown Seattle streets looking for a couple of stores he wanted to show me... Lots of hugs, too... at least 5 or so. He said something about getting ready for Holly, I think. I had an Equinox shirt I'd gotten for him and that sure lit up his eyes. Sure like that guy. Thanks, Tet!
                      Tet...you SOB...I am game on now. Oh, it's not enough for ya play'n the Tammy card....now Erika...you are sneaky dude... You are "good"... And Erika fell for it, geez... My next plan of attack....gonna do another day of non running...deal with it pal... TimBo.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

sorry timmy, I'll never do it again, . . . unless another goddess happens through Seattle sometime during our taper time. Big grinBig grin In the meantime, have a nice nonrun tomorrow. I don't want to rub it in or brag or anything like that but I'm so fulfilled from tonight's goddess nonrun that tomorrow will not only have to be a nonrun run day but a nonnonrun run day I'm so tired so have fun beating me no matter what, . . . . all by yourself!!!!. Big grinBig grinBig grinBig grin ps - I'm counting on you and twocat not being able to exceed the 29 nonrun days I'll have accumulated by tammy-day on 11/23 but, in the unlikely event you do and reach the 30 days for membership in nonrunanon with twocat, divechief, and me, I'm already making plans for a special start for a giant winter taper to beat you once and for all starting immediately upon crossing the finish line of the Seattle Marathon on 11/30, . . . whoops, sorry, did I say that, I mean right after this year's Seattle Marathon however far that turns out to be. Maybe I'll get the 16 miles I probably deserve and really have to taper for once in my life whether I want to or not. Smile

evanflein

Tetsujin! You're so bad... I love it.