Masters Running

Thursday -- Anyone going to start it? (Read 527 times)

Yay Perch!  Where in Michigan?  We may cross paths some time ...

And Yay Holly!  The job perks sound great!

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

C-R

WTG Perch.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Mariposai

Mexican dancing banana emoticon (Banana Emoticons) Perchhhhhh!!!! Animated dancing banana emoticon (Banana Emoticons) Animated dancing banana emoticon (Banana Emoticons)

The daily reached to 5 pages!!!!  

Holly's first day at work 

3 easy miles tonight at the gym, as I watched my DH running his heart out..maybe around 3' non stop...not bad, not bad.

Then, I worked on the core...bathing suit season is just around the corner...got to work on the abs.

{{{{{pondering over topic keynote speaker}}}}}}}}}}}

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

PERCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FANTASTIC! So thrilled for you and your family!

Big grinBig grinBig grinBig grinBig grinBig grin

Perch!!! A new job! A new state! Welcome to the Midwest! I think you're going to like the running conditions Big grin Tell us all about your plans when you get them figured out.

Any news on your end OM?

That was a smokin' fast run btw Mike.

Marathon Maniac #3309

Timbo - good to see you posting. Sorry about the pain issues. That blows. I'm not running Geist this year (I actually skipped Boston and the Mini too) due to the illness and subsequent passing of my father I didn't even register. And then I tweaked a hammy. I ran 4 today and felt like 10. So I am setting my sight on the fall. If you do want to run a 1/2, the Carmel HM and Marathon are in a few weeks right down the street from my house. I am registered for the full. Hahahahaha. I did that when I was actually in condition but I will likely try to run it anyway. Good to be stubborn German/Irish.

Drop me a line on the Carmel HM. I could just run the half with you and save myself the pain of a full on no training.

MTA - oh and what's the deal about the world ending Saturday. I thought the Mayan's meant last year. Holy shaking earth Batman. I need to get a plan for this.

Funny....I'm a stubborn German/Irish too :-)

If I want to run Geist Sat, I would have to leave work in Kokomo tomorrow after work - drive clear to Indy - register - drive back to Muncie - get up at like 4:00 am Sat morning - pick my Tri Gal friend up - drive back to Indy - race - drive back to Muncie.....I think not for 13 miles and prolly $100.00 worth of gas and the entry fee 

I thought about running the Carmel Marathon but boy, it sure could be awfully hot and humid June 11th (right) But if it's not too hot, that would be perfect for me, and would enjoy the company even if it's for the 1/2.

I've raced all the DINO trail races so far.............those are fun, And actually really look forward to the Tecumseh Trail Marathon again this December...you need to race that too.

Thanks Norm

TTYS about the Carmel Marathon

Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Maniac 505

LOTS of great job news today!

Holly  Your new job sounds like it will be perfect.  I am so happy for you

OM preliminary congratulations on a job you really want and are almost sure to get.

and Perch HUGH congrats on nailing down that job,  moves are always traumatic,  hope that part of your new life goes well for you.

Interesting day at work today,  surprisingly, I stayed on my best behavior.  Washington State Ferries is kicking off a new national Homeland Security PR campaign  "If you see something,  Say something"  I know I feel safer.  We had a ton of dignitaries visit my boat as part of the kick off. 

The request was made for a tour of my engine room by the the Coast Guard Commander who is "Captain of Puget Sound" (The USCG is now a branch of the Department of Homeland Security)  and

the whole show was for the Department of Homeland Security,  Assistant Secretary for Inter-government liaison.  (Big tital, but she does report to the Cabinet member that is the head of DHS)   lots of hangers on, but the total dog and pony show was to impress the Homeland security  assistant secretary.  I restrained myself.   I did not ask her how many words per minute she had to type to get promoted to full secretary.  Roll eyes

wildchild

Carolyn

I restrained myself.   I did not ask her how many words per minute she had to type to get promoted to full secretary.  Roll eyes

Snork! Big grin 

Perch, another congrats on the new job, and I hope the world is still here after Saturday so you can enjoy the move to Michigan!  At   least Holly will get a day to enjoy her new job...

A third day of no running for me...  more snow at home and rain in town.  We must have 8" already, and it's still snowing.  bleh.  JTWILI. Roll eyes

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.