Circle North

CN: At the Races (Read 1002 times)

Home Away From Home

Awesome

I'm liking more and more the idea of spectating Maine Coast so I can yell obscenities and abuse as you all pass by.

MM#5768

"Anyone can do it in ideal conditions"- A quote from a true NE CN runner and friend.

I'll need lots of abuse.

I am going to dish out plenty to those doing the fifty miler at Pineland.

have a great race and good luck all maine coasters.

In order to see the truth, sometimes you have to loose an eye.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Utri/

have a great race and good luck all maine coasters.

+1.  Good luck to all.

gadman

+1.  Good luck to all.

+2. Good luck to all. The old man will not be there, no really .

Have a great run all!!!

What was I chasing again?

Yep, what they said, good luck to all! I'm planning to get up to a little banditry tomorrow on part of the course, so I might see some of you running or if not, at the finish. Go get it!

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

GregM

Hey, that would be great, Greg.  I'd love to have you, Rob, or anyone else pacing me at the last 10 miles.  I'm sure Doug feels the same way.  Eric, Dave, and Michelle should do well pacing each other.

Older, slower, and trying to keep up with Tall Dave.

Looks like the crew represented well.  Greg leading the pack with a 3:07:05 for 13th OA, Doug 3:22:26, Egad 3:25:10, Dave 3:31:17, Michelle Sherm 3:45:40, Mike Leigh 3:50:13, Deb Gendron 3:58:18, Dick 4:02:33.  Sorry if I missed anyone.  Great job by all.

Great race guys and gals!!

What was I chasing again?

Great race guys and gals!!

+1 Smile

In order to see the truth, sometimes you have to loose an eye.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Utri/

GregM

You missed Michael LeCompte, who PR'd big with 3:27:33.  What's even more impressive, he looked like he was ready to run another 26.  Guess that ultra training is paying big dividends.  Congrats also to Egad and Mike Leigh on their PR's, too.  Also to Rick Reynolds, who easily won his division (65-69) with 3:42:39.  Rick had a stronger performance than even he expected after recovering from a significant injury.

Looks like the crew represented well.  Greg leading the pack with a 3:07:05 for 13th OA, Doug 3:22:26, Egad 3:25:10, Dave 3:31:17, Michelle Sherm 3:45:40, Mike Leigh 3:50:13, Deb Gendron 3:58:18, Dick 4:02:33.  Sorry if I missed anyone.  Great job by all.

Older, slower, and trying to keep up with Tall Dave.

So it was interesting today, being there, running some but not being actually in the race. Some random things I noticed...

Spectators along the course are really nice. I usually just blow by them without thinking about it too much. I noticed them a lot more today.

People tend to look like death when they finish a marathon. Much more obvious when you're not one of them. Also obvious, the ones who don't look like death, and clearly didn't work very hard.

Jim from Wells crossing the line and pretty much going into a full-body cramp. Man alive that looked painful. He was up and around before long, though.

The look of utter relief on Noel's face as she finished.

Michelle took a wrong turn. AGAIN. Heh. (fyi dumbass me missed a turn during my pacing gig. Luckily Doug did not follow.)

Fighting the fade at the end is a brutal thing. We all know that. It was a unique experience today to watch Doug do it. He did a hell of a job.

One girl crossed the line and just burst into tears. I don't know if they were happy tears. I hope so.

I saw the leaders go by at 15 before I jumped in. They looked like they were jogging 9:00 pace while cruising 6ish minute pace. Bastards. Heh.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

Home Away From Home

You missed Michael LeCompte, who PR'd big with 3:27:33.  What's even more impressive, he looked like he was ready to run another 26.  Guess that ultra training is paying big dividends. 

Thanks Greg.  I think a lot was the ultra training.  I have more miles then I usually do and some longer runs as well so Ian sure this helped.  I just wanted to go with a pace and hold it anErin the end that is exactly what I did, it was just a PR pace.  I stayed sonsistant though all the way through the finish which I am most happy about.

MM#5768

"Anyone can do it in ideal conditions"- A quote from a true NE CN runner and friend.

Sorry to those I missed and job well done.

Sailor - I should know better but I always thought your real name was Bruce Wayne!