Another 2,000+ mile year without a single step on a dreadmill (Read 1177 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

My alma mater has an indoor track that is 8 or 9 laps/mile. I wish we lived closer, as I'd much prefer that to the dreadmill. Though membership is still something like $60/month for alums (used to be something crazy like $30 for an entire year for the family of an alum, but that was probably a decade ago) and even more for non-alums, so even if we were close I'm not sure we could justify that kind of expense when the little 24/7 fitness center here is $48/month for both DH and I and has nice Cybex equipment and free weights.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Our Y track is 19 laps to a mile. I did 6 miles on it on Saturday. Ack. It doesn't bother my ankles, but DS16 ran for about 10 minutes on it and he didn't like it at all. I think I prefer the track to the TM.
      19 laps to a mile? (93 yards). I'd hurl.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

19 laps to a mile? (93 yards). I'd hurl.
        Yep, pretty bad. It helps to be a slow runner in this case, though! Big grin
        jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Yep, pretty bad. It helps to be a slow runner in this case, though! Big grin
          Not really -- it means you're there longer! Shocked

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

My alma mater has an indoor track that is 8 or 9 laps/mile. I wish we lived closer, as I'd much prefer that to the dreadmill. Though membership is still something like $60/month for alums (used to be something crazy like $30 for an entire year for the family of an alum, but that was probably a decade ago) and even more for non-alums, so even if we were close I'm not sure we could justify that kind of expense when the little 24/7 fitness center here is $48/month for both DH and I and has nice Cybex equipment and free weights.
            Zoom, I hope you realize that this marathon would just be perfect for you. Name and all! Zoom Yah Yah
            And you know sometimes it gets so painful Just like talking to yourself When everything don't seem to have no rhyme or reason We all go Do do loo do do, do do loo do do Waiting for the sun to shine
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Zoom, I hope you realize that this marathon would just be perfect for you. Name and all! Zoom Yah Yah
              Oh, holy hell...only a bunch of raving loony Scandinavians would hold an indoor marathon. Sheesh. Black eyeShocked

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

197.4 of my 1082.6 miles spent on the treadmill. I wish that wasn't so high. My problem isn't the weather it is the lack of daylight. I don't feel comfortable running the city around in the early morning or night by myself.

~Sara
                It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan