Bonkin's Cowtown Marathon Report (Read 686 times)

I would certainly be willing to run the 10K in April if we can put together a team of 5 to meet the minimum. I'm assuming there is no obligation for me to run it fast
    I'm in for the team.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

We'll need a point man or point woman to head it up. Deadline I believe is April 4th.
      I nominate Modal as team leader.

Into the wild

I started having "the doubt". I was walking for maybe 15 seconds while trying to figure out how to use that to get me running again, when a guy runs up next to me and says "don't quit now brother - we're almost home". He grabs my shirt sleeve and literally gives me a little pull. That was enough to remove the doubt.
        Sorry I'm late!!! Great job Mike...this kind of report gives us all a tug on our sleeves when we're flagging Smile

Shut up and run

Alright I'll start another post for the zoo run with a safe email address.

Vim

derek

I nominate Modal as team leader.
            I second that nomination

Derek

Sorry I'm late!!! Great job Mike...this kind of report gives us all a tug on our sleeves when we're flagging Smile
              Thanks, Johnny!

Alright I'll start another post for the zoo run with a safe email address.
                Thanks. Do you want to use a chiarunning forwarding address?

Len

Damn Yankee

I'm interested in the team race...

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. Carl Bard

Burninated Peasant

Derek, I'd like to do a team. We'll need a point man or point woman to head it up. Deadline I believe is April 4th. Last year, 3 of us ran this Zoo Run race.
                    If you guys end up needing one more to complete a team, I'd be willing to run it. For some reason, my knee only hurts when I run slow, so I could probably handle a race of 10k or shorter, though I doubt I'll be anywhere near a PR.
                      If you guys end up needing one more to complete a team, I'd be willing to run it. For some reason, my knee only hurts when I run slow, so I could probably handle a race of 10k or shorter, though I doubt I'll be anywhere near a PR.
                      Sweet. Looks like we have 5. Looks like your knee is shaping up a little, Michael - wishing you a speedy recovery. It's all good on the PR - looks like Derek and Len can do the 10K PR smashing for us.