Mizuno.... (Read 3866 times)

Hoping to get my Sayonaras next month, it's an anniversary gift!

We hope to be shipping them to you next month!!

---------

Running Guru

I'm gonna hopefully get them at my LRS. They carry them and I don't think they have really caught on here in Newfoundland. Hopefully I can sport them for some road races in the fall and get some attention to them.

Visit my blog:

The Running Father

PR's - 5K - 20:47 (2013) | 10K - 45:23 (2013)  | 13.1 - 1:53:44 (2013)  | 26.2 - N/A

2013 Goals - 1500 kms (897.22kms July'13) | sub20 5k | sub 45 10K  | sub 1:45 13.1 | 

Flatout 5k - 4/14/13 - 23:23

Tely 10(miles) - 7/28/13 - 1:14:46 PR

Up Next:

Provincial 5k - 9/8/13

Mudd Immortal 5k - 9/21/13

Coleman's Half Marathon - 10/6/13

Cape to Cabot 20k - 10/20/13

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

oops.  shoes I bought were wave precision 12s not 11s.  I've been running in 12s just mixed up the numbers.

found them on amazon.com.  good price too (at least I think); $60

No more marathons

Just got my first pair of Ronin 4's.  Got these to replace my Brooks Green Silence which have been discontinued.  And now I hear that the Ronin is also to be discontinued?  Please say it ain't so.

Anyway, I ordered the Ronin in the same size as my Green Silence (which is a half size up from my everyday shoes).  Good thing - they appear to be about a half size smaller than the GS.  But tried them on and they fit well - first run was a 15K that included several hills that tested the toe length on the way down - so far so good.

If they are to be discontined, guess I need to order several pairs to keep me supplied for awhile.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Just got my first pair of Ronin 4's.  Got these to replace my Brooks Green Silence which have been discontinued.  And now I hear that the Ronin is also to be discontinued?  Please say it ain't so.

If they are to be discontined, guess I need to order several pairs to keep me supplied for awhile.

Thanks for checking out the Ronin!

I've been racing in the Ronins for years now... such an awesome, responsive, lightweight, and FAST shoe!
            The Ronin 5 is the current version, and IMO my favorite so far... and yea, I was bummed when the product team told me last year that the Ronin would be discontinued.

But of course, it is for a reason.  In 2014 we will be realizing a brand new racing flat, and instead of just calling it Ronin 6, we decided to rename it.  So no worries.... there will be another fantastic, fast, smooth racing flat coming out for everyone!

---------

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

Seth,

Thanks for your reply.  I have actually ordered another pair of Wave Precision 11s this week.  That should get me to next year with the other two pairs Ive been rotating.  Then, I htink I'll try the Wave Rider or Sayonara.

Great having you on this forum.  For loyal Mizuno customers like me, it's great to understand whats going on at the company.

should have said Precision 12s not 11s

should have said Precision 12s not 11s

Cool.  Did you ever try the 13s?

---------

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

Cool.  Did you ever try the 13s?

I haven't but may.  The last pair of 12s that I just ordered fit a bit tighter than I like.  So, my order another pair of something.  Are the 13s similar to the 12s, although with some improvements I'm sure.  Or, should I try the Sayonara?

I haven't but may.  The last pair of 12s that I just ordered fit a bit tighter than I like.  So, my order another pair of something.  Are the 13s similar to the 12s, although with some improvements I'm sure.  Or, should I try the Sayonara?

The Precision 13's fit a lot looser than the 12s did for me.  And ever since I got my first test pair of Sayonara back in May.... I have not wanted to run in anything else (thats not just brand BS talking.... I seriously thing it blows both Elixir/Precision away)

---------

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

Seth and other who have used Sayonaras,

Any qualms about using the Sayonaras for marathon training and/or racing a marathon?  I've used the Ronin for shorter races and speed work.  Sayonara sounds like it might be a perfect light trainer/racer for half or full marathon.distance.

Thanks

northernman

Fight The Future

I tried some sayonara's in the store yesterday. They seem great. Only thing is they are just a tad bit narrow for my wide (left) foot. I wish Mizuno sold 2E width shoes, but I can't find that anywhere. Wondering if it would be worth getting some and then stretching them until they fit....

Hey, northernman I buy Mizuno Wave Rider 16s in 2E (extra wide) They make a men's WR 2E in bright yellow.

*My Art Website  *My Run For The Critters

1980 Humboldt Redwoods Marathon  PRs:  5K 31 • 10K 1:09 • HM 2:43

July 29th, 2017 Jug End Loop Ultra (Half MarathonTrail Run) 

I tried some sayonara's in the store yesterday. They seem great. Only thing is they are just a tad bit narrow for my wide (left) foot. I wish Mizuno sold 2E width shoes, but I can't find that anywhere. Wondering if it would be worth getting some and then stretching them until they fit....

We do make wide (2E) options... just not in Sayonara... yet.

---------

Seth and other who have used Sayonaras,

Any qualms about using the Sayonaras for marathon training and/or racing a marathon?  I've used the Ronin for shorter races and speed work.  Sayonara sounds like it might be a perfect light trainer/racer for half or full marathon.distance.

Thanks

wolvmr-

I actually think the Sayonara is a PERFECT shoe for marathons.  It's got a bit "more" to it than the Ronin, so you will be a bit more protected during the longer races (full and halfs) yet is a lot lighter than an everyday trainer.

I'd stick with Ronin for 5k-10k fast stuff, then the Wave Sayonara is a perfect shoe for the longer races!

Thanks for checking in!!

---------

northernman

Fight The Future

Hey, northernman I buy Mizuno Wave Rider 16s in 2E (extra wide) They make a men's WR 2E in bright yellow.

Thanks, I tried the Wave Riders in the store. They seem too heavy for me, for now.

I ended up buying some Newton Energy shoes. So far, they feel very light and soft on my feet.