Ice Bath Anyone? (Read 2048 times)

JakeKnight

I'm going to be laughing at this all day. All day. I already saved a couple of the choice pics. The one with the o-face is going to be haunting you for years, my freakish friend. Years.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
    -----------------------------

Dude. Those are tiny calves.
      Ouch....that comment's gotta hurt more than the ice.... Wink
        Big grin Are you praying to the ice gods in that 2nd to the last pic?

The Greatest of All Time

After Action Report: There is an improvement, I have to admit it. I forced myself to run very slowly this morning just to test the water. This morning's run was the first I have had since Saturday where my legs were not screaming when I finished. Also, the right knee was my biggest complaint yesterday, especially going downhill. It appears to be fine this morning. My wife was not laughing, at least out loud. She was not in a great mood after a crap day at work, so she just stood there shaking her head in disbelief. She thinks I am crazy and I can't refute that opinion. Sitting in ice water for 15 minutes while reading a book is not normal I think the first 5-10 minutes after I got out was as bad or worse then sitting in there. Ice bath Polio is no fun. And there were more pictures where my facial expressions were more pronounced and uglier. But I will only humiliate myself for the entertainment of the group so much.
          all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
          jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Your pain = our entertainment.
            Other people's pain often makes for fantastic entertainment. Because it isn't bad if it doesn't happens for you.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

The Greatest of All Time

Other people's pain often makes for fantastic entertainment. Because it isn't bad if it doesn't happens for you.
              Right. Thus explains the mass appeal of Jackass. I am not sure my ice bath rose to that level though. But it was clearly a stunt for me, thus the need for pictures.

C-R

We were all laughing with you...... On the other hand you convinced me to give this a try. I've some niggling ankle/lower leg twinges this might help alleviate. My wife also thinks I am a "couple of fries short of a happy meal" so this might be entertaining for her. Please expect no photos from me as I plan to suffer in abject solitude - plus Jake scared me about years and years thing.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

The Greatest of All Time

- plus Jake scared me about years and years thing.
                  But this is how legends are created, famous or infamous...who cares.

My legs are killing me

After seeing this I keep thinking of the "Senfield" episode about shrinkage.
                    jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

After seeing this I keep thinking of the "Senfield" episode about shrinkage.
                      Yeah, me too. I bet Marcus' wife was hoping it wouldn't be permanent.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

JakeKnight

Please expect no photos from me as I plan to suffer in abject solitude - plus Jake scared me about years and years thing.
                        I see Marcus running for a Senate seat someday ... and me making a mint selling those babies to the National Enquirer. It's all about planning ahead.

JakeKnight

Yeah, me too. I bet my mom was hoping it wouldn't be permanent.
                          Fixed it for you.

The Greatest of All Time

I see Marcus running for a Senate seat someday ... and me making a mint selling those babies to the National Enquirer. It's all about planning ahead.
                            Dude, there's way better dirt on me out there. Way better. But a Senate run is not out of the question at this point. I am sure I could do a better job than some of the wing-nuts in D.C.

C-R

Dude, there's way better dirt on me out there. Way better. But a Senate run is not out of the question at this point. I am sure I could do a better job than some of the wing-nuts in D.C.
                              I bet most of the wing-nuts start their ice baths from the head down.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

A Saucy Wench

Nice Gams! Everyonce in awhile I consider doing it....but then I reconsider. It always sounds better at mile 18 then it does once I get home. And I iced my feet a few times and never got over the pain. Glad to hear the feet are the worst. Maybe I could HTFU & do the rest of my body but let my toes up for air. I need a drysuit for my feet

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7