Interim update (Read 1382 times)

eric :)

Hi all,

I've been working on the next big feature for the last several months.  It is still not complete yet.  However, an interim update is needed to prepare for its eventual release.  I've made many structural changes to the website which should not affect anything.  However, all changes will contain bugs.  Just let me know if you see anything odd.

There are some minor enhancements besides the major change, which won't be available for some more time.  The most notable is you can now change the interval distances in the view workout page.  Click on the Distance header and a dialog box will come up to let you change the distance.  Note that your changes will not affect the underlying data, which means when you reload the page, the distance to reset to the default.

There'll be more to come.  Stay tuned!

timzna

I like that new feature. Makes analyzing pace in various distance segments a lot easier. Thanks Eric.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

....  The most notable is you can now change the interval distances in the view workout page.  Click on the Distance header and a dialog box will come up to let you change the distance.  Note that your changes will not affect the underlying data, which means when you reload the page, the distance to reset to the default.

That is nifty!

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

npaden

That's probably the feature that I've been most looking forward to.  I'm not able to get an avg HR and max HR on runkeeper so I was thinking this would really help me analze my splits better.  I currently don't set my splits at all, runkeeper just does it for me, but it only gives me the pace numbers, it graphs the heart rate but doesn't give the data in the split. 

However it doesn't seem to work on mine?  I see where you can click the distance header and change it, but on my 6 mile run this morning I tried to change it to 1 mile intervals and it doesn't seem to work.  I clicked and the popup came up and I put 1 mile and then clicked change and nothing happened.  Am I missing something?  I'm using IE 8.

I tried it in Chrome and that didn't seem to work either.  I get the popup, but when I set it to 1 mile and click change nothing happens.

Thanks for all the work. 

Nathan

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

This is working in IE 9 for me, not working on Chrome with several extensions installed.

kcam

Great feature, Eric!  Thanks for adding it.  I'm finding that it works fine on FF 13.0.1 but not on Chrome 20.0.1132.57 m.

I fixed the problem with Chrome.  It sends a slightly different html header to the server which was rejected by the server.

HermosaBoy

Seems to switch, but I am wondering what underlying calculations are going on for the pace?

When I tried it this morning, it was showing splits being much slower if I change the distance than what it is for the raw data.

I am using chrome and I looked at my Long Run from this past Sunday...

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

Black-Toe-Nailed

Several issues (my grain of sand to debugging): 

My uploaded intervals are corrupt (from the FR60 directly adn form an exported TCX file). They show weird data and the average HR is put into the Notes field.

The second is that when trying to edit the training plan only the upper part of the page is rendered (the one containing the description, etc). It is therefore not possible to edit the plans.

I'm looking forward to see the new features Wink

Keep on the great work mates !

--

"If one can stick to the training throughout the many long years,
                    then will power is no longer a problem. It's raining? That doesn't matter.
                    I am tired? That's besides the point. It's simply that I just have to."

Emil Zatopek

No huge deal, but ... I'm now unable to see user training logs (including my own) unless logged in.

And the system times me out fairly quickly if inactive (def. <10min, and more like 5min), so I can't just log in and stay there.

Is that permanent or just an artifact?

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Seems to switch, but I am wondering what underlying calculations are going on for the pace?

When I tried it this morning, it was showing splits being much slower if I change the distance than what it is for the raw data.

I am using chrome and I looked at my Long Run from this past Sunday...

Rob,

Your interval data is not the actual intervals for your run.  You removed the time spent during recovery.  This feature currently just splits your raw GPS data without consideration for what you removed.  A future version may be smarter, but it will require more work than what I had time for.

EnricM,

I believe the problem is fixed.  It is probably the same bug as the inability to edit workout problem.  Could you give it a try and let me know?  Thanks!

eric Smile

No huge deal, but ... I'm now unable to see user training logs (including my own) unless logged in.

And the system times me out fairly quickly if inactive (def. <10min, and more like 5min), so I can't just log in and stay there.

Is that permanent or just an artifact?

This release contains lots of structural changes, most of which was to get rid of the very old code that works around previously unsupported features by the software I use to develop the website.  Some of the changes involved moving things around to fit the new software model.  This broke the sequence of steps needed to impersonate another user.  When you view someone's log, you temporarily become that person, but with limited access.  This problem should be fixed.

At this time, I don't know why you're timed out so quickly.  Did you enable cookies?

LOVE the interval feature. Thanks!

Running my way to being a little less fat.

Wing

Joggaholic

Thanks for the update!

Just an observation, when I changed the interval from mile to km, the pace remains min/mi, not changed min/km, wouldn't it be more consistent if the distance unit is applied there as well (or also selectable)?