I Got Dissed By a Bicyclist (Read 2804 times)

Hippies on bikes are the worst.

Amy

Why is it sideways?

#artbydmcbride

Where's that hippie's helmet? Shocked

Runners run

obsessor

Bikers are fat.
          I lost all my weight, initially, cycling. I felt too heavy to run. Cycling is fun in a way, but I stick to running shorts and a cotton t-shirt. I don't get the psuedo-"le tour" boys who dress to impress... ugh. It would be like slapping on a number, racing singlet, flats, and short nylon shorts to jog my lunchtime 8, or whatever... after I've gained my 50 lbs. I get around on a 440lb bike, normally. I wear the gear, but it ain't spandex.
            I thought of this biker thread on my run this morning and then all of a sudden here it is again. I was running at a park this morning that has both a horse trail and a bike lane next to the road. At this particular part of the trail I alway run on the road. I just don't like that part of the dirt path. I was running against traffic and had several lovely interactions with bikers. I saw them coming I moved over next to the curb, we gave each other a little nod as we passed. With the exception of the one. He didn't actually say anything to me, just stared at me and shook his head as if in disbelief that I would dare run in HIS bike path. And you guessed it....all in spandex. What a jerk.
              So its not just me? I do cycle for cross training, but I do prefer the running culture. left, left, so what, you are passing me its your responsibility to avoid me, cause i cant see you.
              RunAsics

The Limping Jogger

I got "buzzed" by at least two cyclists last night. WTF! Perhaps there's a counterpoint thread to this on a cycling forum? Perhaps it's somekind of payback for cyclists getting buzzed by cars on the road? In this case, there was no one else on the path at the time and I was over as far as the bushes would allow.... so, these guys would rather silenty brush my shoulder at 20+ mph than move over a foot or two? It's not a narrow path. We all get wrapped up in our workouts but you don't have be an a-hole. If you want to ride fast and not be slowed down by "annoying" foot traffic... the road is available. Holding true to a comment I made yesterday, 99% of the folks that announced themselves were women.

"Only a few more laps to go and then the action will begin, unless this is the action, which it is."

Runner

I like guys that buy zipp carbon tubulars full dura ace/ campy rec and avg. 14 mph every ride. I guess they'd be going 13 w/ out all the advancements... but really a large part of the problem is like someone stated earlier that "what would you prefer a city full of people on hummers" well the people that also have hummers take their hummer driving attitudes with them when they bike on their 5k dollar road bike they don't know how to handle. You know, the ones that take said bike to the shop when it stops shifting right and are furious that it won't work anymore... they don't know how to do even the most simple adjustments to a bike and know even less of the rules of the road... but they are right 101% of the time about how to do things. It's the people... not the bikes guns don't kill people people do...

2010 Races: Snicker's Marathon(2:58:38), Scenic City Trail Marathon(3:26:36), Laurel Highlands Ultra 77(19:13:44), Ironman Louisville(13:07:07) 2011 Races: Mount Cheaha 50k 5:22:47, Tobacco Road Marathon, Mohican 100 Miler

Carps10

As a runner and mountain biker I have to take offense to this. Mountain biking is a far more intense aerobic activity than running. Maybe you should try something before you bash it.
                    If I run 4:50 pace, I'm at 100% of my vo2 max...how can an aerobic activity get any more intense than that?
                    JakeKnight

If I run 4:50 pace, I'm at 100% of my vo2 max...how can an aerobic activity get any more intense than that?
                      Party foul. Responding to a month old post. That's ten yards and loss of beer.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                      -----------------------------

Carps10

Party foul. Responding to a month old post. That's ten yards and loss of beer.
                        Fair enough, I will leave a fresh insult for bikers. I've realized that most of the people I see biking on paths are doing so at an intensity similar to that of walking at 2-3 mph. In most cases it's not even comparable to running. Even their savior Lance got clownstomped when he ran a marathon.
                          Don't get me started on "vo2 max"
                            Even their savior Lance got clownstomped when he ran a marathon.
                            Right.....496 out of 25000 (top 2%) sucks ass. and for the record, biking or running on paths also sucks ass. Get on a trail.
                            Carps10

Right.....496 out of 25000 (top 2%) sucks ass. and for the record, biking or running on paths also sucks ass. Get on a trail.
                              for an elite athlete like Lance, that's not a great way to measure success. how about this: 50 minutes behind leaders.
                                For the record, lance was a runner before he was a cyclist (read a book) and he simply chose to pursue what he was better at.