why is KT tape made with bad adhesive? (Read 146 times)

If I need the KT tape to stay in place for a longer period of time, I use tincture of benzoin.  I buy it in ampules, which are easier to use.  The stuff works really well, so be sure you don't want it to come off any time soon.  It usually takes me a week of soaking and slowly peeling and cutting the loose pieces before I get it all off.

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Scooterscott

I have had varying levels of success over the years and I typically run in the humidity of central Florida.  All the "tricks" help but the biggest item that helped me was practice with the tape.  Folks that mentioned their PT applying and having success.  That is probably due to their experience.  When I really learned how to apply the anchors with no stretch it really helped.  it sounds like there is too much stretch and it is pulling rather than an adhesive issue.

I again vainly tried to apply my KT brand kinesiotherapy tape last night with immediate failure.

I'm cheap, so I wanted to try to get SOME use out of it before I tossed it.

Pulled out the Rock brand kinesiotherapy tape and it stuck instantly and stayed on.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

I again vainly tried to apply my KT brand kinesiotherapy tape last night with immediate failure.

I'm cheap, so I wanted to try to get SOME use out of it before I tossed it.

Pulled out the Rock brand kinesiotherapy tape and it stuck instantly and stayed on.

I use this is the hospital for dressings. go to the internets and look up a product called Skin-prep (also called sureprep). Its about $10-15 for a 4 oz bottle and is just some alcohol and lubricants (so yea kinda expensive for what it is) but it really works keeping dressings and tape adhered to your skin and protecting your skin when you pull it off.

Seattle prattle

reading this thread got me wondering, does KT tape work on achilles tendonitis? Surly Bill, you mentioned using it for that. Did it help? Anyone else? I've got a case of achilles tendonitis and never thought to try using KT tape, but would if it might help. TIA.