Meniscus Repair (Read 474 times)

jck

Has anyone here heard of this procedure of welding rather than suturing a meniscus tear? It sounds like a much quicker recovery and better sucess rate of healing the tear. I just had mine done this morning and am very optimistic of being back on the road soon.
    Clark 2008 Goals Run HM under 2hrs done-1:50 Run First Full Marathon Sept 14th 4:00 Finish all home projects---ya right

Old, Slow, Happy

I hope it goes well for you. Please let us all know how it worked for you. I had my menicus tear years ago. They just cut the chunk off and took it out. I wasn't a runner then. Now, whenever I get knee problems, it's that knee. Hopefullly the "welding" is better. Good Luck!!
      jck

Thanks,Yes i hope so also i talked to a few people who had the tear sutured and they were in a brace for 4-6 weeks. I am missing the best running weather of the season, 50 degrees this morning does not get much better.
        Clark 2008 Goals Run HM under 2hrs done-1:50 Run First Full Marathon Sept 14th 4:00 Finish all home projects---ya right