Running is good for the eyes (Read 747 times)

Jill_B

I fly.

Bring it on.

I believe it, everyone in my family except me has glasses. Even though I started running regularly only 3 years ago, I have been running about 10 MPW long before that.
      xor

I started running again in 2000/2001. Since 2000, every time I go to the eye doctor, I'm told that my previous prescription is now too strong and so my new one is slightly weaker. This has happened 3 or 4 times, which means my current prescription (new last month) is significantly weaker (aka better?) than 9 years ago. I'll say it was all the running just because this sounds cool.

My RX had gotten slightly worse every year until I started running. SInce then it has stayed the same. Hmmmm...
            I have glasses but refuse to wear them.
            2009 Goals: Run 5x a week, Iron Horse Half-Marathon on a 6-month C2HM Program that completely made up and is probably unhealthy.
            xor

I have glasses but refuse to wear them.
              That's the spirit!

Old, Slow, Happy

I have noticed that I can spot many more ladies in tights since I started running. Thanks, Running!!!

Certifiably Insane

Richard, you stole my line. I was going to say that, depending on where I'm running, my eyesight suddenly gets very good... Big grin I've always worn glasses, and my prescription has never changed very much. I get new glasses about every 5 years or so. I've been running for over 30 years, but I don't know if that's had anything to do with it. Now that I'm ancient, though, I have noticed that they've started getting a bit worse. It's going to be hard to run my 5-minute-mile repeats on the track when I can't see the lines any more. Wink
                  On the road since 1978! "To be good is not enough when you dream of being great." I am not obsessed! I'm just INTENSE! "Nothing is foolproof to a talented fool." Why? Because race results stay on Google forever! (Reasonably recent) PR's: 5K - 16:40 10K - 35:04 HM - 1:18:30
                    Well my eyes have gotten worse every year, and its fair to say I've run more each year.