Going Nucking Futs! (Read 1088 times)

invisible

zoom-zoom, Don't go too nucking futs. This will all be a memory, soon.
    90 percent of the game is not giving up.
    obiebyke

Zoom, I'm going nuts, too. Got a shin injury and can't try running again until Monday. Even though I'm doing the stationary bike, I can't get my heart rate up the same way, and I'm not adding any bars to that log. My mood is pretty fragile and I'm not sleeping as well. Plus, I'm worried that, when I do try to run Monday, it'll still hurt and I'll have to get an xray and on and on. Crazymaking! But stick with the break. It's better to get back to it and stay with it then to go back too early and be knocked out again for pushing too hard.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

I'll probably be out of the game for 8 weeks with a shiny, new stress fracture. My biggest concerns are for my Garmin and training log... will they atrophy without use for that long? Anyway, I'm hoping that hitting the gym for some weight training will keep me in somewhat decent shape, though I found some of that to be a bit difficult... it's amazing how many things put pressure on a leg. The doc says no bike, elliptical, etc. I'm going to check out the pool at the school where I work to see if water running is an option; that could be kinda fun I guess.

-------------------------------------
        5K - 18:25 - 3/19/11
        10K - 39:38 - 12/13/09
        1/2 - 1:29:38 - 5/30/10
        Full - 3:45:40 - 5/27/07

evtish

Yup! Took 2.5 wks off during end of Dec to heal my foot/achilles. Did hard spinning during that time to try to maintain fitness, kinda worked I guess. Hard to tell since I got cold for 2 wks when I was transitioning back to running. I think legs are worse off than stamina, but then again I'm kinda new at this. Now achilles starting to act up again bc I'm a dass that always goes out too hard and too fast...... 'bout that DH of yours, you just gotta whack him for getting you sick. I feel your pain.
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

'bout that DH of yours, you just gotta whack him for getting you sick. I feel your pain.
            I know! And I need to whack the scientists who developed this season's flu shot--apparently THIS strain was not covered. I've heard that it hit Western MI U. pretty hard, too, but they are almost 2 hours away. A small HS about an hour away was closed because so many teachers and students have been sick. Take care of your leg injuries, guys. Definitely don't mess with those. I'm thinking today is going to be another rest day for me, because I'd rather not convert this to pneumonia...don't you all go making any mild leg issues more serious, either. Besides...if we're all gonna have injuries and issues, better to do it now when the weather is crap, anyhow, right?! Evil grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

hey...I gotta race in 4 weeks...ain't got no time for sittin' around nursing injuries or disease Evil grin I do need to get off 13 hour days....
                Hey Zoomie, you are killing two "injury" birds with one rest/stone: time of for flu/chest will also benefit the heel healing You won't lose all your gains. And I bet you can catch that bunny. Sheesh. It's just February starting. And this spell your missing is typically the worst of winter. Good luck!

Member Since 2008

Kristen, I have been off for 4 1/2 weeks, with a hip problem and it is driving me crazy. I know exactly what you are going through..... Black eye
                  zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Stupid bodies not doing what we want them to do! Don't they know that running is good for us--physically and mentally and when they (our bodies) don't cooperate that they only make it worse for themselves?! Angry

~ Sarah Kay

Stupid bodies not doing what we want them to do! Don't they know that running is good for us--physically and mentally and when they (our bodies) don't cooperate that they only make it worse for themselves?! Angry
                      Most of my body is on board for some serious running... it's just that one bit with a dissenting opinion that messes things up. Why must our bodies require unanimity?

-------------------------------------
                      5K - 18:25 - 3/19/11
                      10K - 39:38 - 12/13/09
                      1/2 - 1:29:38 - 5/30/10
                      Full - 3:45:40 - 5/27/07

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Most of my body is on board for some serious running... it's just that one bit with a dissenting opinion that messes things up. Why must our bodies require unanimity?
                        This is true. If my lungs would just HTFU then the rest of me could get on with the running business. Stupid lungs. If it were my head the rest of me could override that, but lungs are a deal-breaker, kinda like leg issues.

~ Sarah Kay

Runs with ALTITUDE!

Anyone else going stir crazy due to injury, illness, or weather issues? Am I the only one paranoid that they're going to lose fitness and have to scale back for a few weeks?
                          Nope! You're not the only one! The weather here in the Rockies has been brutal. Not so much snow as bone chillin' cold! I've managed a grand total of four runs outside so far this year...and yes I have a treadmill, and I could run on it, in the comfort of my home, but...YUK!!! Treadmills are boooooooooooring even with an mP3, and/or the TV to watch/listen to! I've signed up for a marathon on Jedi Knight Day (May the fourth -- be with you!) But am beginning to wonder if I'll be fit enough. Roll eyes To ditto your final comment? Crap!
                            I'm going nucking futs too - but I feel bad even complaining about it after reading about all the time people have to take off for their injuries. I only got a stupid chest cold so ive only been couch-ridden for 4 days so far. I seriously dont know how you people with serious injuries do it. I have say though, I dont necessarily miss the running, I just hate being on this stupid couch!! There is absolutley NOTHING on tv, and i have no energy to even go walk my dogs. We're all just hanging around sleeping every couple of hours. Maybe tomorrow I'll be up for a day out of the house.....
                            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I have say though, I dont necessarily miss the running, I just hate being on this stupid couch!! There is absolutley NOTHING on tv, and i have no energy to even go walk my dogs. We're all just hanging around sleeping every couple of hours. Maybe tomorrow I'll be up for a day out of the house.....
                              I hear that (except for missing running...I miss it...a LOT). No energy, no motivation...and I'm kinda worried that my car isn't going to want to start next time I try to go anywhere. Cold seems to mess bad with my battery, especially if it sits for a few days (something I need to mention to the dealership when I take it in for the routine service--battery shouldn't be having issues like this after less than 2 years).

~ Sarah Kay

run4fun8910

zoom I also am inflicted with some evil cold/flu virus. after 3 days of high fevers I am now just suffering from severe aches, tightness in my chest, congestion and just down right feeling sick. I have not been able to run since last sat. I feel like a crack addict suffering withdrawl symptoms. I want to run. I can barely walk up one flight of stairs with out nearly passing out so I do not know how much longer before I will be able to run. It will not be soon enough. I hate being sick. Angry
                                Short term goal: 5K Long term goal: half marathon. Stay injury free. Shawn