2016 Holiday Running Streak (Read 351 times)

ch17

It's Tuesday every day

That is officially insane. Nice job!!!! --Christine

Streak success!  I worked 13 hours on 12/31, so I came home and napped and then got on the treadmill at 11:30. Watched the ball drop and kept on running, so I ran every day Thanksgiving through New Year's Day, finishing with 23 hours to spare!  Looking forward to hearing how everyone else gets it done. (And headed to bed since I have to be at work at 7)

mikeymike

Streak complete with a lovely 10 miler today. Mission accomplished as I feel like a runner again and I'm healthy. I misjudged the mileage goal  (honestly thought it was for the whole Thanksgiving to NYD) but I'll take 181 for December.

Debating taking a day off tomorrow because I know myself.

Happy New Year, all!

Runners run

Joann Y

Um. Nope. Not this time.

doctorjen

That is officially insane. Nice job!!!! --Christine

Yay, it's official!

Outside Lane

Streak is done!  Thanks for motivation to end year with a bang!  Signed up for 60 and did 68.8 - I know it's not much for most - but I'm happy with it!

See how they run...

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Happy New Year!  Last day of the holiday streak. That doesn't mean you're can't keep going though.

"Arriving at one goal is the starting point to another."

And we have a bonus quote today from ch17

"I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence."

Good to hear a lot of success stories here, and to see two more good quotes.  The second one makes me giggle.

There were so many days over the past six weeks that I would have skipped were it not for the streak. This weekend was the biggest test, with 400+ miles of driving each day. I just finished an easy 10K after we got home tonight, which is also the daily goal distance for 2017, and thus I am done! Thanks FSBD for the daily quotes, and thanks everyone for the inspiring stories. If there's a vote for who did the craziest workout of the streak, it would be LedLincoln's Christmas Day run in Rocky Mountain gale.

Ojo

Oops!  Totally forgot to check in!

I finished with 250 miles.

Congratulations to all that finished or tried.  It is not easy to streak especially during the colder months.  There have been many days over the past 5 + years that I have not wanted to run, but I am always happy that I did.  Happy New Year . . . you did it! 

Sara

MM #2929

Intentionally Blank

Great job, everyone!

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

I finished 1.5 from my goal and didn't complete the streak,  but it got me back on track.

Carbs and Cabernet

The streak was purring till I hit my middle toe on a vicious plastic bin in my closet which rendered the toe swollen, purple, and throbbing... Oh, well. Even though not even close to the goal, still December was my highest mileage month in 2016. And I beat the Bunny's furry rump, if only marginally. Better luck in 2017!

Marylander

I did not meet my mileage goal. Instead I ended up dealing with insomnia, getting a cold, and generally feeling crappy. At least I have 4 days to rest before a half marathon. Wink On the plus side this was my 2nd biggest year ever and I've got a streak of eleven 100+ mile months.

Love the motivation of the streak, it's pretty much made my year each of the last several. The weather was for the most part cooperative and I stayed healthy enough to complete the streak, beat my modest December goal by about 14 miles, and the streak helped me meet my annual goal

Also pretty thrilled that this year's streak was both my longest (41 days) and my highest mileage.

All this means setting the bar a bit higher in 2017! Thanks for the motivation everyone!

Goal hit, streak still intact.

2,685 miles for the year. 2nd highest mileage year, but no PR's to show for it, only high hamstring tendonitis (really is a pain in the ass) for the last 6 weeks.

BUT, streaks get me out the door everyday.

Congrats everyone!

This is the stuff that helps get me out the door.

Streak success!  I worked 13 hours on 12/31, so I came home and napped and then got on the treadmill at 11:30. Watched the ball drop and kept on running, so I ran every day Thanksgiving through New Year's Day, finishing with 23 hours to spare!  Looking forward to hearing how everyone else gets it done. (And headed to bed since I have to be at work at 7) doctorjen quote

Get off my porch

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Just curious - how many of you are still streaking, now that the holiday period is over? How powerful has it been as a gateway drug?