You can't always get what you want... (Read 773 times)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

...but if you try sometimes you just might find you get what you need. Sorry, couldn't resist after yesterday's "Sympathy for the Devil" reference.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

JakeKnight

Stop that. Right now. Hey! I see a red door!

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
      -----------------------------

Lazy idiot

and I'm hungry for a snack. Right? Wink

Tick tock

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Hey! I see a red door!
          Lemme guess -- you want to paint it black? Put it out of it's misery and paint it green and white.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Dammit...I can't find my "40 Licks" set...and now I can't get no satisfaction for the damned earworms! Black eye

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I can't stand the Rolling Stones Angry, but some how they gave us Wild Horses... all the covers overshadow the RS original! (well in my opinion)

Vim

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I can't stand the Rolling Stones Angry, but some how they gave us Wild Horses... all the covers overshadow the RS original! (well in my opinion)
                You are dead to me. No

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I can't stand the Rolling Stones Angry, but some how they gave us Wild Horses... all the covers overshadow RS original!
                  I like the Stones OK, but I do think they're terribly overrated. They can't pick up the Beatles' jockstrap when it comes to songwriting, and they're absolutely no match for Zeppelin when it comes to rocking. Still, I've got about 10 of their CD's so they can't be all that bad. /Fan of British dinosaurs

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Led Zeppelin > Stones > Beatles IMO

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Led Zeppelin > Stones > Beatles IMO
                      Including Irish band U2 and make the list UK instead of British, I would go with Beatles > Zeppelin > U2 > Pink Floyd > Stones > The Who One interesting thing to note is that it is hard to come up with American bands of that stature. I mean, sure, you might like some US bands more than the above, but can you really name very many that are in that league? I honestly can't come up with any other than Aerosmith and the Beach Boys, and I'm being generous there. Elvis and Dylan would of course be right at the top of the list as far as importance/influence, but as far as bands go, it's a tough list to crack. I must admit that putting The Who up there is somewhat obligatory. They're the one band everyone says is pretty great but that everyone secretly can't stand, myself included. /Loves his Dad's music (other than U2)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ooh...Aerosmith, most definitely. And I know it's not cool to like U2, but they would definitely make that list.

~ Sarah Kay

And I know it's not cool to like U2,
                          HUH? U2 is uncool? Surprised I have over 30 U2 cds (Yes, I went through a U2 phase in the 90s), and several vinyl singles. I must be uncool Cry

Vim

My legs are killing me

U2 uncool? When did this happen? I guess when your in your 40's and drive a mini van your out of the loop! They're still my favorite.
                            jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

And I know it's not cool to like U2
                              No one ever told me it wasn't cool to like U2. Then again, no one ever told me I was cool. Cool

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yeah, *I* like U2, but word on the street is that it's pasée to like U2. *shrugs* I'm almost 35, so I'm outta the loop, too. I did download that singles album on iTunes for $10 in the past week...28 tracks. I like it. Smile

~ Sarah Kay