Jordan Hasay (Read 2878 times)

bap

Have you noticed that she is featured in every single edition of Running Times? The editor must really be in to long blond hair.

Certified Running Coach
    Crocked since 2013

mikeymike

Never heard of her.

Runners run

The Thunder

Yeah, either that or the editor is into the potential future of American women's distance running. Meh...could be either one.

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

I think its a combination of her youth, and diminutive size, which makes her look like a little kid running against elite women. Zola Budd was like that too, age 17, 4ft10 inches, ran 5000m in 15:01.83 running barefoot. I remember a feeling of shock and awe at her speed, she looked about 13 years old. Simon.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

#artbydmcbride

I loved watching her at the Olympic trials meet in Oregon. Smile

Runners run

Yeah...and the Eugene-biased crowd chanted "Come.....to.....Oregon!" at her. Big grin She rocks. Kara rocks. More glory for women superstar runners!
                I took notice about 4-5 years ago when she set the 13 year old age record running a 5k in something like 16:40. I saw her picture and the name Jordan and just assumed with a time like that it must be a boy. After I saw her advance in the 1st round of the Olympic Trials I was very impressed. My old high school cross country coach (who is female) was there in Eugene and on the way back Jordan was on the plane. Jordan told my coach she was contempleting cutting her hair. I guess she did not do so however.

#artbydmcbride

"Hasay, one of the high best female distance runners of all time--two Footlocker xc championships, a 4:14 1500 m, a high school record and one of the best all time 3200s in 9:52. Early on (last year) it looked like Stanford had the inside track, and this fall the buzz was all about upstart Washington, a team that dominated NCAA xc last fall. However, the rowdy section cheer at last year's US Olympic Trials "COME TO OREGON! COME TO OREGON!" must have struck a note not to mention Lanana's incredible recruiting and the infamous Swoosh." Big grin

Runners run

Her college announcement was the first time I've seen a runner have a live internet press conference to announce. Felt like watching a football player commit.
                      She needs to cut the hair! No it's not serving as a metronome, and no she's not Samson. Could she be the reincarnation of Mary Decker? The verdict is awaiting.

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

bap

She needs to cut the hair! No it's not serving as a metronome, and no she's not Samson. Could she be the reincarnation of Mary Decker? The verdict is awaiting.
                        I won't tell you what Brits think of Mary Decker.

Certified Running Coach
                        Crocked since 2013

I won't tell you what Brits think of Mary Decker.
                          Enlighten me.

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

Lane

I run a faster 1500m than Jordan Hasay. I am also 2 years older and male. I still cannot help but feel proud.
                            bap

Enlighten me.
                              Whinging, primadonna.

Certified Running Coach
                              Crocked since 2013

I run a faster 1500m than Jordan Hasay. I am also 2 years older and male. I still cannot help but feel proud.
                                Your profile says 4:30. She's faster than that.