3:20 Marathoners ... New and Improved for (the rest of) 2017 (Read 372 times)

CommanderKeen

Cobra Commander Keen

Best of luck to all the racers this weekend!

DWave - I typed out a big response to the whole insurance pricing / metabolic disorders thing then thought better of it.   It's good to find that you have more fitness than you thought!

5k: 17:58 11/22 │ 10k: 37:55 9/21 │ HM: 1:23:22 4/22 │ M: 2:56:05 12/22

Upcoming Races:

OKC Memorial 5k - April 27

Bun Run 5k - May 4

pepperjack

pie man

Good luck y'all.

Dwave - not surprised you retained fitness.

D - so I have inside information the BRRC XC race is moving to a proper course next year, so keep that in mind.

11:11 3,000 (recent)

rovatti- are you going to watch the 5k on saturday? send a cheer for my teammate, she'll have McWalters on her bib.

I'll look for this McWalters chick.

... and I'm meeting fly for a jog after the 5K....   (so why am I awake posting at this hour and not sleeping?)

AceHarris

Did we get a bib number for Elizabeth?

Road Mile: 5:19 (2017), 5k: 17:09 (2021), 10k: 35:54 (2021), HM: 1:21:55 (2020), M: 2:53:18 (2021)

rlk_117

Resident Millennial

I did text tracking (most of it happened while I was still sleeping! #westcoast) and just got the final message... (paces rough calculations of my own)

10k @ 46:56  - 7:5X pace
            13.1 @ 1:38:47 - 7:3X pace
            30k @ 2:23:58 - 7:39 pace
            26.2 @ ... 3:43:38. Looks really good up to 30k so I wonder what happened - here's hoping it was some unexpected positive thing and not just a lot of pain :/

Also woke up to NYRR 5k results! my teammate ran 16:30 for 17th. She did 2:36 at Boston this year for 15th. Hoping to find videos of the race online eventually... wasn't gonna wake up at 5am to watch it :|

mile, 5:26 /5k, 19:34 /10k, 41:00 /13.1, 1:31:49 /26.2, 3:12:58

pepperjack

pie man

Looks like NACN had a big day in Indy.

I went out for 18 and wound up with 20.  Was just going to do fairly easy pace and wound up averaging 8:05.  Wondering what it all means.

Wondering what it all MEANS.

It MEANS you are on a roll.   ... and if you are like me, it MEANS you should be looking to race as much as possible in the next 1-2 months and NOT thinking about home runs 3-6 months from now.

pepperjack

pie man

Not a lot of marathons in December.  There is a local one (NCR) is late November, so only 3 weeks away.  I haven't even run a half, though. The free thing in Millinocket next month is intriguing.  Would certianly be my kind of weather up there.

darkwave

Mother of Cats

PJ - there's Rehoboth on the first week of December.  Or, if you wanted to travel,  Houston or RNR Arizona in January.

Huge congrats to NACN!!!!  (where are my jumping elephant and dancing banana icons when I need them....).  E78 - I hope you're OK.

Everyone's gotta running blog; I'm the only one with a POOL-RUNNING blog.

And...if you want a running Instagram where all the pictures are of cats, I've got you covered.

Elizabeth78

Recovery Phenom

That was ugly! Here is my race report. Thanks everyone for tracking me and supporting me.

This picture sums it up:

26.2 x 31 (3:15:34 PR)

13.1 x 35 (1:30:58 PR)

Author of the book Boston Bound

E78 ~ Bummer Sorry to hear. Way to gut it out.

PJ & OMR ~ Thanks.

My week:

M) 11 w/ 15 min tempo, 5 min recovery, 6x90 sec hill repeats

Tu) 7.5 easy

W) 7.5 w/ 8 hill sprints

Th) 9.5 w/ 5+4 "2:30 cycles" (30 sec @ LT+10 sec, then drop 10 sec every 30 sec for 2:30, then 1:30 @ LT+60 sec)

F) 4.5 easy

Sa) 14 w/ 15-10-10-5 minutes tempo (5 min recovery)

Su) 5 easy

Total: 59

Really, really happy for Shalane; that was great to watch.

darkwave

Mother of Cats

E78 - I'm sorry.  I understand the numbness - that's how I felt at first after Hartford also.

Fly - Huge congrats!

Dad - big focus on the hills and the LT.  I assume very early part of a cycle?

My week: 57 miles plus 15 "miles" pool-running. 
                          M: yoga and 7 "miles" of pool-running
                          T: 10 miles, including 8 hill repeats (60-70 seconds each with 2:30 recovery).  Also injury prevention work and recovery swimming.
                          W: 6 miles very easy to yoga (9:11), yoga, 6 miles easy home (8:47) plus drills and strides.
                          Th: upper body strengthwork/core and 8 "miles" pool-running.
                          F: 11 miles, including a track workout of 3200, 1600 in 12:44 (6:25/6:19) and 5:55.   Also injury prevention work and recovery swimming.
                          Sa: 10 miles very easy (8:43), drills, strides, upper body strengthwork/core
                          Su: 14 miles progressive, split as first 5 at 8:50, next 5 at 7:37, last 4 at 6:58.   Also injury prevention work and recovery swimming.

Everyone's gotta running blog; I'm the only one with a POOL-RUNNING blog.

And...if you want a running Instagram where all the pictures are of cats, I've got you covered.

Fly—Damn, outstanding job in NYC!!

E78–Crap, I’m sorry you had a rough day. Nice job getting a BQ time despite everything that happened.

Post Asthma Era PRs: 5K--18:39 (Mar 2016), 10K--39:40 (Feb 2018), HM--1:28:04 (Jan 2017), MAR--2:59:12 (November 2017)

MAR--2:59:13 (November 2017)

NACN ~ Something new in your signature you wish to share?!?

DkW ~ Sorta. I'm doing the 15K in mid-Dec, but really doing prep work for 3000m training (National Indoors).

pepperjack

pie man

Rehoboth?  Not so sure about that one.

https://www.runnersworld.com/newswire/rehoboth-marathon-wrong-distance-2nd-straight-year