The COVID-19 Wild West Thread (Read 601 times)

JMac11

RIP Milkman

Removed

5K: 16:37 (11/20)  |  10K: 34:49 (10/19)  |  HM: 1:14:57 (5/22)  |  FM: 2:36:31 (12/19) 

an amazing likeness

... Maybe those idiots in Maine are just doing something no one else is doing and figured out how to get that COVID 19 thing past them. ...

Seems to me someone who wants to hang their hat on pedantic interpretation of the TOS would be flushing one's credibility down the proverbial toilet if they posted a statement calling 1.2 million residents of state "idiots".

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

we prefer to be called Idiot-Americans. There's even a musical record album about us; but it kind of sucks 'cuz it sounds like a Clash tribute band, that does it poorly.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

we prefer to be called Idiot-Americans. There's even a musical record album about us; but it kind of sucks 'cuz it sounds like a Clash tribute band, that does it poorly.

Are you talking about American Idiot by Green Day? That album is a classic!

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

classically pop-horrible. Who labeled it "punk", anyway?! It's pop-rock at best. JFA, MDC, TSOL they are NOT.

dudes were neighbors, played with them at the Gilman a lot. Everyone was shocked that they became nationally popular, cuz so many better local bands trod the same stage. 2 of the 3 were actually decent guys, though, and I'm happy they got rich off what they were doing. Like those guys, dislike the "music". The other guy, meh.

Greatest Band Of All Time around here: ArnoCorps (or at least in overlapping era)

Seattle prattle

I'd have to agree of that assessment of Green Day.

Speaking of the SF area, have you come across the Thee Oh Sees? I like 'em.

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

Well I hope Tre Cool is one of the decent guys as he’s one of my favourite drummers and reminds me of Keith Moon. 

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

Running Problem

Problem Child

Seems to me someone who wants to hang their hat on pedantic interpretation of the TOS would be flushing one's credibility down the proverbial toilet if they posted a statement calling 1.2 million residents of state "idiots".

Maybe next time I’ll quote the person who callled them idiots to begin with. I was probably trying to point out how those “idiots” seem to have gotten past covid 19 infecting them without a vaccine while the “people who aren’t idiots” are still getting infected.
                  Since the moderator disagrees with my pedantic interpretation of the “tee oh ess” I’d be the idiot for interpreting it wrong. Wouldn’t someone with a bunch of big words be able to comprehend?

edit: be careful talking about music here. Music isn’t related to covid 19 and if this place is like the racing section we’ll be told to keep it on topic here soon.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

Prince of Fatness

edit: be careful talking about music here. Music isn’t related to covid 19 and if this place is like the racing section we’ll be told to keep it on topic here soon.

Not at it at all. 

rlopez

The song "Let it go" was co-written by Robert Lopez.

I know a person who went through the covid experience early on (mid-March). As of mid-August, his sense of taste is still messed up. Also, he has developed a neck-to-toe rash (not his face) and red palms/feet that his doctors so far have not figured out. Unknown if it is covid-related, they don't think so, but it is mighty weird.

Indiana is not the wild west.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

It is weird, though, that there is a small clique of you... that have not really been here that long... that seem to enjoy being pains in the ass to the moderators of this site. I do not know why that is, but it is an observation. You be you. We're all watching you kind of like a dog with its head cocked sideways listening to a strange noise.

QFE

mikeymike

Anyone who views me quoting a kids' commercial from the 70s about the wild west in a thread literally called the wild west as a possible threat even as an exercise in semantics... well, we all see this person for what's what. (not just a commercial... but a Time/Life commercial. Heh. Ok then.)

We weren't 5 pages in before we saw confusion (real or feigned, I dunno) over the meaning of the expression "wild west" so it was always headed toward message board tos litigation. Just took a while.

Runners run

Running Problem

Problem Child

Interesting you pick the law enforcement agent getting picked on by the guy who wants to mind his own business. Maybe if the law enforcement agent treated Rambo the same way he treated everyone else in town Rambo would have moved on. Instead our moderators decide the Marathon thread is where you can't talk about COVID, BUT the COVID thread is where you can talk about music. Next we'll all be talking about alcohol and malted vs seltzer drinks in here too. Interesting situational ethics going on these days.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

Ray; funny you mention the rash. I have little red spots that don't itch on my back and shoulders since I had the not-CV19 (tested negative for active virus several days after feeling better). Smell and taste seem to be fine. The flavor explosion of Sierra Nevada Wild Little Thing sure gets through.

Here's some earworm music with a different kind of rash

https://www.bimbam.com/chag-purim/

classically pop-horrible. Who labeled it "punk", anyway?! It's pop-rock at best. JFA, MDC, TSOL they are NOT.

dudes were neighbors, played with them at the Gilman a lot. Everyone was shocked that they became nationally popular, cuz so many better local bands trod the same stage. 2 of the 3 were actually decent guys, though, and I'm happy they got rich off what they were doing. Like those guys, dislike the "music". The other guy, meh.

Greatest Band Of All Time around here: ArnoCorps (or at least in overlapping era)

Sorry I am going to agree with Mikkey, Green Day is a great band. And of course they were influenced by the Clash, they'd be the first ones to tell you, and probably the first ones to admit they couldn't compare. And the genre is "pop punk", you can like it or not like it, but that's what it's called.

Dave