Automatic import from Garmin Connect Integration not working (Read 1101 times)

I had some old workouts laying around, deleted them, synced today perfectly.

Zelanie

Did you give Running Ahead permission to access Garmin Connect?

Yes, that's what makes RA show up on my Garmin Connect page

noroll

RA and GC both say I'm connected. Ran Saturday and Sunday, nothing yet.

I also use SportTracks which is working.

Don't bother me, I'm thinking.

DukeDB

I am experiencing the same trouble as several above - no workouts synched with Garmin Connect have shown up in RunningAhead.  I've run twice since allowing access to GarminConnect on Saturday afternoon.  I disconnected and reconnected in RunningAhead a few times, and after today's run went on GarminConnect and deleted the extra 4 RunningAhead accounts listed there (kept one, verified in RunningAhead that access was granted).  I'll keep an eye on things and post back here whe the sweet sweet synching starts ...

not lazy, just tired

not working for me either.

Not if it makes sense.

eric :)

I thought about this some more.  You should do the following:

1. Log into your GC account
              2. Click on the head icon on the left, click on the Settings options on the slide out.
              3. Click on Account Information
              4. Delete all instances of RunningAHEAD from the applications list
              5. Go to Tools -> Applications
              6. Click the Disconnect button to disable Garmin Connect integration
              7. Click the Connect button and set up integration again
              8. After it's completed, go back to the GC page and verify that you have only one instance of the RunningAHEAD app

While Garmin Connect allows you to register the integration multiple times, RA only allows one instance.  By deleting all but one copy of RunningAHEAD app from Garmin Connect, the chance of you having the correct one is small.  Therefore, you need to delete all instances and start over.

Anyone have pizza?

Hi Eric,

I'm having the same issue too.  I did see that there were 3 (instead of 1) instances of RA permissions in Garmin Connect.  So I followed the 8 steps, removing all of the authorizations, and then disconnecting and reconnecting over at RA.  Still no good.

Is it possible that it Garmin Connect is only transmitting new data that is coming in?  For example, I have runs on Sat, June 13 & Sun, Jun 14 that were already in GC  PRIOR to my authorizing permissions between RA and GC.  Could this be the issue?

Thanks again!

DukeDB

Thanks Eric.  I performed these steps in order just now.  The new, single instance of RA shows in GC "Accounts" now.  No data has come into my RA log from GC, but I'll keep an eye on it.

an amazing likeness

Is it possible that it Garmin Connect is only transmitting new data that is coming in?  For example, I have runs on Sat, June 13 & Sun, Jun 14 that were already in GC  PRIOR to my authorizing permissions between RA and GC.  Could this be the issue?

Thanks again!

Yes, you should only expect new uploads (activities) which are loaded to GC after you've setup the connection with RA.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

philipfromga

I haven't had an issue with the integration and my 620.  I haven't used the express client to sync to GC however I just let the wireless sync to it which was setup before I added RA as a Garmin app.  GC has added all my runs and rides as soon as I hit the save button and login to look.  I also only have 1 listing for RA under the applications on GC.  In case it matters, My stuff is all Apple, so I registered RA with GC using Safari. Sorry I don't have any help to offer but just wanted to relay that the integration does work as designed for some.

not lazy, just tired

I only have one RA showing up in GC, but I'll go ahead and delete it and then add it again. Hopefully that will work. I have a macbook and use Safari, don't know if that matters.

Not if it makes sense.

I only had one RA listed on my Garmin account, but I went ahead and followed all of the steps to remove it and re-connect RA. I have the single RA listing back now in Garmin. I'll see if it works after my run tonight.

MTA: Nope, still not working for me after my run.

FSBD

I have also had no luck with the integration so far.  I had one connection on the GC side I deleted it and reconnected and the connection is still not working.  I even deleted Strava so the RA would be the only connection with GC and as of my run this morning I still have nothing.

We are the music makers,

And we are the dreamers of dreams,

Wandering by lone sea-breakers,

And sitting by desolate streams; 

World-losers and world-forsakers,

On whom the pale moon gleams:

Yet we are the movers and shakers

Of the world for ever, it seems.

DennisF6

Not working for me either.

I set up on Sunday.  Only one instance of RunningAhead showing in GC Applications.

I have run twice since then.  Runs show up on GC, and in Strava (also one of my linked apps in GC), but so far not in RA.

In case it matters - I am using a Garmin 920XT.  It automatically uploads to GC via the GC app on my phone.

It is working great in our household on both a mac and PC.

"Any idiot can run a marathon. It takes a special kind of idiot to run an ultramarathon." - Alan Cabelly