Automatic import from Garmin Connect Integration not working (Read 1101 times)

Anyone have pizza?

Hi Eric,

I have an update to my previous post.  It appears that my race yesterday uploaded mostly successful.  Based on this, it would make me believe that only runs done AFTER you give permissions between GA & RC are actually uploading and not runs done before (which, btw, is GREAT for me, because otherwise I would have a LOT of duplicate entries since I've been manually adding them here to RA until yesterday).

The only thing I did notice that was abnormal was that the name of the run workout that was in Garmin Connect, did not carry over to RA.  What RA did was to use the last named run that I had manually entered in, along with the workout type.   Is there a config setting somewhere so that it pulls from Garmin Connect instead of taking the info from the last (manual) entry?

Last thing I'd like to mention is a great thank you to you.  This is a great upgrade.  I loved that it carries the map info, but also seeing the split times as well, was awesome!  I will never have to painstakingly enter in lap by lap for my races.  When it comes to races like Marathons and Half-Marathons, I can't even begin to thank you enough for the time you've just saved me!

Dreamn

Still nothing for me Sad.

bluerun

Super B****

It worked for me -- THANK YOU!!  This is the best thing ever.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

an amazing likeness

Hi Eric,

I have an update to my previous post.  It appears that my race yesterday uploaded mostly successful.  Based on this, it would make me believe that only runs done AFTER you give permissions between GA & RC are actually uploading and not runs done before (which, btw, is GREAT for me, because otherwise I would have a LOT of duplicate entries since I've been manually adding them here to RA until yesterday).

The only thing I did notice that was abnormal was that the name of the run workout that was in Garmin Connect, did not carry over to RA.  What RA did was to use the last named run that I had manually entered in, along with the workout type.   Is there a config setting somewhere so that it pulls from Garmin Connect instead of taking the info from the last (manual) entry?

Yes, only runs uploaded to GC after you setup the permissions will transfer to RA.  (There is a caveat that in the testing period, it did happen that GC would suddenly send some older stuff at random....but they were easily deleted)

There is a new setting to control if new workouts get info loaded from the last workout created:

Log -> Upload Data from File -> At the bottom of the "Data Importer" dialog there are 3 check boxes --> validate that "Fill new workouts with Info from Last Workout" is unchecked.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Enda

I deleted all references to RA within GC. Updated Garmin Express to the latest version. Gave permission for RA to interact with GC which gave me a disconnect option within RA under tools\applications and 1 RA entry within settings\account info in GC and then uploaded a run last night. The run automatically loaded to GC, Endomondo & Strava but nothing to RA.

not lazy, just tired

Last night I deleted the reference to RA on GC, disconnected on the RA side, then reconnected and checked to make sure RA showed up on GC (it did). This morning I ran; run showed up on GC (not sure if it's using wi-fi or phone ap to upload, but it's on GC). Run has not showed up on RA, so still not working for me.

Not if it makes sense.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

xxx

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

GinnyinPA

It doesn't work for me either.  I tried disconnecting and reconnecting, but it didn't help. I have a FR15. I've only run outside once since the integration.

DukeDB

Still not working for me.  Disconnected, deleted all RA accounts in GC, connected to GC in RA, went to GC and confirmed RA was listed there, waited 24 hours, logged a workout on the Garmin, synced with GC, saw it on Strava instantly but 3 hours later still nothing in RA.  I've got plenty of patience and can wait until this my favorite run site synchs with GC, just letting you know.

eric :)

Hi guys,

I'm still working on this problem.  I just want to eliminate any possibility that the problem is on RA's side before contacting Garmin.  I will keep you all posted.  Feel free to post your status, which could provide additional information to the problem.

eric Smile

tomatolover

Working great for me now---THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU eric!!

GinnyinPA

I don't think I got anything from Garmin Connect, but I was able to upload directly from my watch.  I got the last 23 workouts!!  Can't seem to delete them, but I did save the most recent one to my log.  It's an improvement, except that the elev. gain and loss doesn't upload.

Maniac

Well, for what it's worth, my watch synced with Garmin as soon as I plugged it in, but nothing came over to RA.

Where do you look on GarminConnect to see if it is synced with RA?

Marathon Maniac #6740

Goals for 2015:

Run 3 marathons (modified:  Run 2 marathons--Lost Dutchman 02/2015 and Whiskey Row 05/2015)

Run a 50-miler (Ran a 53.8 mile race 11/14/2015)

Run 1,500 miles (uhhh...how about 1,400?)

Stay healthy

Where do you look on GarminConnect to see if it is synced with RA?

1. Log into your GC account

2. Click on the head icon on the left, click on the Settings options on the slide out.

3. Click on Account Information

4. At the bottom of the page, do you see RunningAHEAD as one of the applications?

You should only see it one time.

not lazy, just tired

Ran tonight, showed up on GC, still not showing up on RA. Had to plug in my watch and upload it that way.

Not if it makes sense.