What did you see on your long run this week? (Read 1581 times)

I saw more dead frogs than I could count. Something large and unrecognizable that may have been a porcupine. Dead fox. Live fox, we both looked at each other and sprinted. Love running in Maine.
    HOSS1961

With the heat and humidity in VA...I saw a lot of hurting runners in an 18 miler...including me Black eye
      HOSS 2009 Goals Have a healthy back and run w/o pain! Drop 15 pounds gained while injured
      Teresadfp

One day at a time

The ocean, a beautiful lighthouse, and LOTS of hills. Yep, love running in Maine! Smile MTA: Lisa, where is Glenburn? I'm in North Yarmouth, north of Portland.
          Sunflowers. Big grin Lots and lots of sunflowers. Big grin We did a trail run and at one point on the trail, about a quarter mile long, the trail was lined, both sides with so many sunflowers that was all you could see. It was so beautiful. I love the fall.
          Finished my first marathon 1-13-2008 in 6:03:37 at P.F. Chang's in Phoenix. PR in San Antonio RnR 5:45:58!!!!!! on 11-16-08 The only thing that has ever made any difference in my running is running. Goal: Break 2:30 in the HM this year Jay Benson Tri (place in Athena category) 5-10-09
            Ugg, I hate running down the city streets of pgh. Makes my long runs quite boring. I ran on a trail back home 2 weeks ago and it was so beautiful. Ran down the length of a river, across some nice wooden bridges, through the leaves...today I just saw a ton of used cig butts, trash and all other lovely city niceties. Dead
            pdyer

Glenburn is just outside of Bangor. The sunflowrers sound beautiful. I love sunflowers they are so happy.
              Pammie

Today i decided to head to the coast and run along the seafront (12 miles) i saw the boats, yachts winsurfers a few canoes, the suns rays on the sea (a rare sight in these parts recently)

Giants Fan

Ran a downtown route and could barely see anything with all the wind!! Some gravel flying at my face, that's about it!

"I think I've discovered the secret of life- you just hang around until you get used to it."

Charles Schulz

I saw more dead frogs than I could count. Something large and unrecognizable that may have been a porcupine. Dead fox. Live fox, we both looked at each other and sprinted. Love running in Maine.
                    I am in Oklahoma, and I saw so many dead frogs as well. What is that about? I also saw a crawdad crossing the road. That is certainly a rare sight in Oklahoma. I guess all the rain from Ike brought out some new wildlife.
                      Deer, bunnies, golfers and lots of trees. I have the most beautiful (but incredibly hilly) park to run in here in Nashville. Yesterday was hot and very humid, but I had a canopy of trees for most of my 12 miler.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

an amazing likeness

An unopened bottle of Sam Adams Octoberfest. Yeah, I thought about it...but didn't know if it was a twist off.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Maggie & Molly

An unopened bottle of Sam Adams Octoberfest. Yeah, I thought about it...but didn't know if it was a twist off.
                          nope, not a twist off!!

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
                          Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

Doc, my tooth hurts

I saw about 6 other runners getting in their long run, or I'm assuming because they all had fuel belts. No casual runners since it was raining my whole run, no bikers, but I did see 5 or 6 people walking their dogs Lake Michigan My friend driving, she was nice enough to wave. Many college students heading to the library with umbrellas
                              Saw and photographed a snake. Guess it was a black snake, about 4' long. Was crossing the rail trail. Cool.

Go Pre!

We saw a 'Tranny' walking along the trail we were on. She/he was in the middle of nowhere (in the sense that s/he was dressed up from last night's festivies) Oh, and seemed to be in dire need of a shave and for some reason was kinda walking funny.