Post Your Small, or Big, Victory For The Day! (Read 5844 times)

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Started running the treadmill this january. I ran my first 5k earlier this month in Waukesha WI ( http://www.runthetrailbreaker.com/index.html Wink

and finished 4th in my class.....male 50-54 with a time of 29:18.

So why am I posting on this thread today????

In the mail I just recieved a certificate for THIRD PLACE!!!!

Seems a finisher in my group placed in the overall run, and his good fortune became my good fortune!

Thanks for letting me do this victory dance on your forum!

Steve

Congrats. It took  19 years for me to  place  in AG.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Woooooo! I've just reached double digits! After running for years on and off, I've finally stuck at it and reached double (kilometer) digits! 11km run today Big grin

Never forget the man who mistook his wife for a hat!

Ποτέ δεν ξεχνά τον άνθρωπο που μπέρδεψε τη γυναίκα του για ένα καπέλο!

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Sweetwater 50k. Disappointed with finish time until I saw results. 7:48:36 AG  2-5. 142/209 finishers. Glad to have finished.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

5.24 miles in 39 min to get a Sunday newspaper....YES... IT FEELS GOOD!  

Someone is behind me and gaining, Run Faster!

Mrcrumpton

Sweetwater 50k. Disappointed with finish time until I saw results. 7:48:36 AG  2-5. 142/209 finishers. Glad to have finished.

Great Job!

2013 Goals

• 5K-20:00
            • 10K-44:00
            • 1/2 Marathon-1:38
            • Marathon-3:30
            • Complete 50 Miler

You impressed me when I read "50K"!!!

With no training whatsoever and an inability to do any running lately, I still managed to avg 7:43 min/mi in a 10 mile race today (originally a half marathon). There is a short RR in my log.

Hopefully I can get back to running again, but either way it leads me with another soft PR I can break in the future.

Goals: To keep running regardless of what happens.

Ran my first half marathon in 1:46:18 at the Glass City Marathon in Toledo.

xor

Ran my first half marathon in 1:46:18 at the Glass City Marathon in Toledo.

Yay!

Stranger than you know

Peaked at 62 km a week (about 38.5 miles) in preparation for a debut half marathon in early may. It's a PB mileage wise for me, this being my first year of running. Now I just hope the slight achilles tendon ache will do away with stretching and icing...

Stranger than you know

Woooooo! I've just reached double digits! After running for years on and off, I've finally stuck at it and reached double (kilometer) digits! 11km run today Big grin

Cool! Now that you have crossed the psychological double digit barrier, you will probably find yourself doing 10 mile runs in no time at all, then 20 km long ones.

Peaked at 62 km a week (about 38.5 miles) in preparation for a debut half marathon in early may. It's a PB mileage wise for me, this being my first year of running. Now I just hope the slight achilles tendon ache will do away with stretching and icing...

Maybe ease off for a couple of weeks, then pick up from where you left off? Normally helps. But it depends if you can cope with easing off Wink

But nonetheless, good luck!

Cool! Now that you have crossed the psychological double digit barrier, you will probably find yourself doing 10 mile runs in no time at all, then 20 km long ones.

Thanks! I have written my own training plan, mostly because now it's all set up in a nice little spreadsheet that goes red if I don't stick to it! So I'm going to do it! I will be in the London Marathon 2012, so I best get cracking Wink

( I hate posting after myself Sad )

Stranger than you know

Maybe ease off for a couple of weeks, then pick up from where you left off? Normally helps. But it depends if you can cope with easing off Wink

But nonetheless, good luck!

The half M race is in 3 weeks, so I will start to cut down the base mileage and ... if the tendon feels OK ... throw in some tempo/race pace runs.

Well, that's the plan. Whether I can tolerate the cut down remains to be seen. I'm pretty addicted to running at the moment, as it's one of the few pleasant things in my life right now.

Stranger than you know

Thanks! I have written my own training plan, mostly because now it's all set up in a nice little spreadsheet that goes red if I don't stick to it! So I'm going to do it! I will be in the London Marathon 2012, so I best get cracking Wink

( I hate posting after myself Sad )

Nice. If everything goes well (hah!), I'll join the first time marathoner gang in 2012 too. At least that's the plan. Ask me again after I have raced a few halfs Smile