1500 Miles So Go Run

July Mileage! (Read 407 times)

Since no one has started this yet, and forum traffic for this group is kind of slow, I'll step out there... How was your July? Any races? Goals or plans for August? I ended up with 187 miles for July, the most ever for me. I was on track for 210 or so, but got sick the last week of the month and logged a horrible 16 mile week. Dead Oh well, such is life... I did race on July 4th, getting my first sub-20:00 5k at 19:35. The only thing I have planned for August is a sprint tri, my first, on the 19th. No goals, just doing it for the experience. Run strong!
      Very nice 5k time! July had me logging the most miles ever, I did 167. Smile As for races, I only had one. A 5k and I didn't do what I as hoping for, I wanted 22 or under and I ran 22:30. For August, I only have one race scheduled, a 5k tomorrow. Of course it is going to be very hot so my reaching my goal of 22 or under may not happen then either. Heat just kills me during any run. On the 19th as you're doing your first Tri, I'll be running my longest run ever! A 20 miler, probably the last long run before my first Marathon on Sept 9th.

Michelle

July was good. I finished with 157.9 miles - a record high for me. I also ran my first 15k and 25k and my first 5k in 15 years. I have no races planned for August - just going to keep on training for my October marathon (my first). September should see a couple 10k tune-up races. Congrats on your new 5k PR!

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Mishka-old log

dspeer...great attitude on that first tri...make having fun your only goal! It will be a blast! My July was good. Miles were low...77, but working on an encouraging build. Had my first race in years...a 4 miler that went as well as it could have. I'm doing the Chicago Marathon in October, but with my current level of training, it's looking more like a 26 mile fun run, rather than a race Big grin

Burninated Peasant

Big dip for me - 146.1. A newborn in the house will do that.
            Jeffrey

July mileage: 193.6 - High miles for me as I am on week 8 of an 18/55 Pfitz plan. October marathon is the goal. Races: 10k (44:39) & 8k (34:39) - Both PRs ... first time at each distance. The Swedish SummeRun 10k caught me off guard due to the hills, but I met my goal of sub 45. August Goals: 10k race - Itching to run a flatter course! Smile
                Lowest monthly mileage of the year: 107.8. Injured my groin or abdomin. Shocked No running for the entire 3rd week of the month. Eased back into it and started a low intensity training plan for the Marine Corp Marathon. Hope to pick it up this month, but my training plan is averaging only 30 to 35 miles per week. The good news is I have started riding my bike for at least an hour on Cross Training days. High intensity, low impact. Great for an old guy pushing 47....... Surprised
                  Big dip for me - 146.1. A newborn in the house will do that.
                  Congratulations on the baby! Me: 123.7 Mi . I blame it on the Bar exam. Bastards!
                  2009: BQ?
                  Mishka-old log

Me: 123.7 Mi . I blame it on the Bar exam. Bastards!
                    Oh, yeah. How did that go? I had part 1 of 4 for the CPA exam on 7/27. No idea if I passed or failed, but I find out in anywhere from 2 to 7 weeks Roll eyes
                      Congrats on the baby. July was a good month 192 miles. I´ve started tapering for my marathon this week, Helsinki marathon on the 18th aug. I ran an 8km race (32:42), started out way too fast and suffered at the end, but still a nice time. Plans - looking forward to taking it easy after the marathon.
                        Oh, yeah. How did that go? I had part 1 of 4 for the CPA exam on 7/27. No idea if I passed or failed, but I find out in anywhere from 2 to 7 weeks Roll eyes
                        I find out around November 2. It went ... well, it went. Dead
                        2009: BQ?

Go Pre!

July was a good month 192 miles. I´ve started tapering for my marathon this week, Helsinki marathon on the 18th aug. Plans - looking forward to taking it easy after the marathon.
                          Good luck with the marathon!
                            Good luck with the marathon!
                            Cheers, thanks. When´s your next marathon and how´s the training going?
                              July was ok--had two races (5K and marathon), so overall mileage was down from the tapering (total mileage was 126). This month, I have a half marathon this coming Saturday, and another full marathon in Park City, Utah two weeks later.
                              My Masters (>50) Race PR's: 5K - 20:17 10K - 42:36 HM - 1:31:22 Marathon - 3:20:48
                                A disappointing 120.2 miles. Some knee issues, but nothing serious. Getting back at 'er for Aug. Congratulations on the baby. Boy or girl? Name?