3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

BEER (Read 2196 times)

Prince of Fatness

Whoa.

Not at it at all. 

obsessor

North Coast Brewery. A new favorite. their russian imperialist stout is a good clone of mine. "as good as my homebrew" and that is saying a lot!

Feeling the growl again

Whoa.

Hope you mean that in a good way, I'm chilling two now.  Also a nice selection I'm too busy to list right now.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Prince of Fatness

Hope you mean that in a good way, I'm chilling two now.  Also a nice selection I'm too busy to list right now.

Yes, it is mighty fine.  It's just that it is a 10% Imperial Stout.  It will warm you all over.  Not for the weak.

Not at it at all. 

Prince of Fatness

North Coast Brewery. A new favorite. their russian imperialist stout is a good clone of mine. "as good as my homebrew" and that is saying a lot!

Dude, this is one of my favorite stouts.  I have a couple of bottles from last year in my basement.  Thanks for reminding me.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

Dude, this is one of my favorite stouts.  I have a couple of bottles from last year in my basement.  Thanks for reminding me.

Almost got more of this, had it before and like it.

Tapping the BB Black Chocolate Stout...yes, it has bite.  I think it would be better if I chilled it to freezing.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Prince of Fatness

I think it would be better if I chilled it to freezing.

Nah, that just dulls the taste.  That's a sipper.  Keep it warm an let it breathe.  Sip at it.  It's not a session beer.  Trust me, it'll grow on you.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

Sip at it. 

Heh.  Back where I came from, they measure distance by how many beers you drink while driving there.

"Heck's Bar?, well, that's a four-beer trip."

(Yes, Heck's Bar is a real place.)

Now drinking Stone's Self-Righteous Ale.  Interesting.

obsessor

Nah, that just dulls the taste.  That's a sipper.  Keep it warm an let it breathe.  Sip at it.  It's not a session beer.  Trust me, it'll grow on you.

Yes. Any great stout is greatest between 55 and 60, I'd say! Don't chill great beer!

C-R

Yes. Any great stout is greatest between 55 and 60, I'd say! Don't chill great beer!

Winner winner chicken dinner.

Letting a drink breathe isn't just for wine snobs.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

Given all the talk of the "Lips of Faith" New Belgium series, I was excited when I found one -- Sour Brown Ale -- at my beer store.  While I like brown ales a lot I apparently did not conceptualize "sour" correctly. 

This is the nastiest swill I have ever tasted.  I'm on the way out to my local redneck liquor store to get some Bud or similar to wash the taste out of my mouth.  Right after I pour this down the sink.  This was supposed to help ease a run gone bad, very disappointed.

Prince of Fatness

Given all the talk of the "Lips of Faith" New Belgium series, I was excited when I found one -- Sour Brown Ale -- at my beer store.  While I like brown ales a lot I apparently did not conceptualize "sour" correctly. 

This is the nastiest swill I have ever tasted.  I'm on the way out to my local redneck liquor store to get some Bud or similar to wash the taste out of my mouth.  Right after I pour this down the sink.  This was supposed to help ease a run gone bad, very disappointed.

Heh.  La Folie perhaps?  I have a couple of bottles of it.  Yeah, sours are different.  I like them, but I don't drink them all of the time, and not a lot at one sitting.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

Heh.  La Folie perhaps?  I have a couple of bottles of it.  Yeah, sours are different.  I like them, but I don't drink them all of the time, and not a lot at one sitting.

Yes, it says 2010 La Folie.  Bleh.

I decided to give NB a chance to redeem themselves and picked up a sixer of Snow Day.  Now this is decent stuff.

Prince of Fatness

Good choice on the Snow Day.  I brought some of that home from SC in November and still have a few bottles of it left.

Of the sours that I have tasted La Folie was the most in your face one.  When I went to San Fran this year I sampled some sours at Russian River and really enjoyed them.  Not all are the same, so don't be afraid to try them again.

Here's an article on sours .....  http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/02/dining/02sour.html

Not at it at all. 

Prince of Fatness

Damn.

Not at it at all.