3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

BEER (Read 2196 times)

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Thumbs up on the Abita Abbey Ale.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Feeling the growl again

Spoke too soon.  My FIL and BIL got into my beer stash before I did.  They started with the good stuff and worked their way down.  I've got a few Lienie's left and that's it.  Looks like another excuse for a beer run soon.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

C-R

Some Hoptoberfest while watching ND play in a bowl game. Decent brew.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Prince of Fatness

Since I crossed the 200 mile month line today and I am off tomorrow, I decided to sample some stouts tonight.  The lineup...

Weyerbacher Heresy Bourbon Aged Imperial Stout

Breckenridge Oatmeal Stout

Bells Kalamazoo Stout

Dogfish Head Chicory Stout

Those are some tasty beverages.

Not at it at all. 

Can any of y'all aficionados recommend a Michigan-brewed craft beer worth buying/drinking?  A handful of beer-swilling coworkers are heading to the UP next week for a few days and hoped to sample something local.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Prince of Fatness

Can any of y'all aficionados recommend a Michigan-brewed craft beer worth buying/drinking?  A handful of beer-swilling coworkers are heading to the UP next week for a few days and hoped to sample something local.

Two breweries from Michigan that I have tried and make good stuff are Bells and Founders.  Beers from there that I have tried and liked...

Porters / Stouts:

Bells Porter

Bells Kalamazoo Stout

Founders Breakfast Stout

Pale Ales / IPAs:

Bells Two Hearted Ale

Founders Rye Pale Ale

Founders Centennial IPA

I don't think that you could go wrong with any of those.

Not at it at all. 

Thanks!

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Feeling the growl again

Though I will say, depending where you are going, good luck finding those. The UP is practically it's own state, west Mi breweries would not be considered local by the locals there. You are entering molson and labatts territory. wisconsin beers will be easier to find in the west half. Where are you headed?

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

My bad.  I just checked Google Maps and discovered that Midland is NOT in the UP -- more like in the oven mitt's crotch.  Does that change things?

-- Dick LeBeau

Feeling the growl again

My bad.  I just checked Google Maps and discovered that Midland is NOT in the UP -- more like in the oven mitt's crotch.  Does that change things?

Bwahaha! Wink Yeah, totally different. You should be able to find that stuff if you look around. It is still a different region separate from the west side. There used to be local breweries in that area but I think they all folded in the 80s.

Ostrich runner

Bwahaha! Wink Yeah, totally different. You should be able to find that stuff if you look around. It is still a different region separate from the west side. There used to be local breweries in that area but I think they all folded in the 80s.

You were drinking in the 80s?

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

Prince of Fatness

Yes.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

Where I grew up that would not have been unusual. I recall one of the local nasties telling her three small sons under 6(by different daddies of course) that if they would shut up she would give them a beer when they got back to the trailer. Wish I had to make this up. I think my first drink was 1990.

L Train

Yes.

Uh, +1.  But it was mostly Milwaukees Best Light, so I'm not sure it counts.  I think it was a 30 pack for $1.

Feeling the growl again

Uh, +1.  But it was mostly Milwaukees Best Light, so I'm not sure it counts.  I think it was a 30 pack for $1.

I used to work for a guy who measured distance in how many of those he could drink while driving there. I think the conversion factor was roughly four or five miles per beer.