3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Who had a good workout this week? (Read 2359 times)

I'm curioius what this whole Recovery Indicator thing is?

you put in your morning weight, your morning resting heart rate  and how many hours of sleep you got. After like 4 or 5 days  of doing it, I guess there's enough data that each day when you enter your data it will tell you if it's a go to work out or if you should take it easy or if you really need a day off. 

http://www.running-wizard.com/Program/RecoveryIndicator.aspx  this  is what the tool looks like. 

MTA: ok guess you have to be a member to see that. Anyway even though I'm not following the Master Coach training plan at the moment, I enjoy data so I've been using the tools. I've always been pretty good at listening to my body but figured logging the data in each day can't hurt.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Feeling the growl again

you put in your morning weight, your morning resting heart rate  and how many hours of sleep you got. After like 4 or 5 days  of doing it, I guess there's enough data that each day when you enter your data it will tell you if it's a go to work out or if you should take it easy or if you really need a day off. 

http://www.running-wizard.com/Program/RecoveryIndicator.aspx  this  is what the tool looks like. 

MTA: ok guess you have to be a member to see that. Anyway even though I'm not following the Master Coach training plan at the moment, I enjoy data so I've been using the tools. I've always been pretty good at listening to my body but figured logging the data in each day can't hurt.

Thanks.  Interesting idea.  I wonder how it factors in weight though.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

C-R

Isn't most daily weight fluctuation a water issue? Comparing this to a baseline gives you data but I'm not smart enough in physiology to know what good it does.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

Isn't most daily weight fluctuation a water issue? Comparing this to a baseline gives you data but I'm not smart enough in physiology to know what good it does.

That was my only guess as well, but that assumes one's weight is otherwise staying the same.

Heh.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

A Saucy Wench

If your weight is up because of water it CAN be an indicator that you are still in the repair process as microtears require lots of water to heal/build.  DOMS = water weight.

Or it can mean you are constipated or are more carb loaded than usual.  Carb loading probably not as much of an issue for most, but does it have a poop check box?

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

If your weight is up because of water it CAN be an indicator that you are still in the repair process as microtears require lots of water to heal/build.  DOMS = water weight.

Or it can mean you are constipated or are more carb loaded than usual.  Carb loading probably not as much of an issue for most, but does it have a poop check box?

and if it's down it could be due to dehydration

No poop check box though maybe I should ask Nobby to have Eric put one in? j/k 

MTA: in the end I think the key thing is resting heart rate. If that isn't raised and you're sleeping well, unless the weight loss or weight gain is of a significant amount I'm pretty sure it would give ya the good to go etc etc 

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

MTA: in the end I think the key thing is resting heart rate. If that isn't raised and you're sleeping well, unless the weight loss or weight gain is of a significant amount I'm pretty sure it would give ya the good to go etc etc 

I think this is it as well.    

steph  

C-R

poop check box. heh.

intervals today. 2x2 mile in less than 7:30 + 1 mile finish in less than 7.

Not bad a week after a marathon,

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

Feeling the growl again

poop check box. heh.

intervals today. 2x2 mile in less than 7:30 + 1 mile finish in less than 7.

Not bad a week after a marathon,

Dude, nice!

Great minds think alike.  Last night was 3X2mile at 5:28 pace (max tm speed) with 4min recoveries.  Took some guts the last mile.

C-R

Dude, nice!

Great minds think alike.  Last night was 3X2mile at 5:28 pace (max tm speed) with 4min recoveries.  Took some guts the last mile.

Cool.

Well if I can't run as fast as you, I can surely copy your training and kill myself trying to keep up. No wait, that was the mileage throwdown last month. Nevermind. 

I do like where this is headed for Spring racing season.

I started a 15 week HM training plan this week and did my first LT run in about a year last night.

1 mile warmup @ 10:07

4 miles @ 7:36

1.25 mile cooldown @ 9:37

I felt pretty good after it was over and was a sweaty mess.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

Nice job BT! 4 miles @ not much slower than your 5k PR is pretty strong!

It had been a while since I've ran in the double digits, so yesterday (with a HM coming up March 10), I figured I should run longer run.  I thought a 9:30 pace would be ok, but just went with what felt good.  After a 9:07 first mile and warming up a little, the run felt great! Ended up with 8:36 avg pace without really pushing hard (except the last half mile).

Prince of Fatness

Hills.  It was cold and windy today so rather than fight it I went down to the river and ran some hills.  Nice thing about the river here is that either side has some hills to run.  I forgot how tough this one particular hill was.  Only about a quarter mile, but 150 feet up.  Ran that one twice.  Good work when you're just base building.

Not at it at all. 

C-R

Who would have thunk that tater is a Springsteen quotable fan.

Some good work going on around here.