3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Who had a good workout this week? (Read 2359 times)

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Jebus if I could just get some discipline and lose weight.

Oh yeah so true!   

And great run CR!

steph  

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Jebus if I could just get some discipline and lose weight.

Ugh. I gained 3 pounds drinking Sun King Sunlight Cream Ale last night. It's available in cans and is 5.3% ABV. It's the leading candidate for my next Beer Mile.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

The week started off slow but I've made up for with a couple of decent workouts.  I can officially call it a good week IF I can get a long run in this weekend.  Did my usual 4 mile building (1/4 mi hill repeats) on Tuesday and capped it off this morning with a solid 7 mile progression run.  Started out at 6:30 pace and dropped 10 sec per mile until I hit 5:30.  These are probably my two favorite workouts and I knocked them both out in the same week.

Prince of Fatness

Not necessarily a workout today but I thought that I would share.  Sundays I run with my neighbor, Fisher.  He's been bugging me to go to the Lehigh Gap so I finally relented.  It's about a 40 minute drive but worth it.

http://lgnc.org/

We ran out along the river on a rail trail and back up along the mountainside along the trails.  Lots of fun!  I looked at the trail map and you can cut over the mountain to the Appalachian Trail.  I think that I have Fisher talked into doing this next time.  If we walk, we walk.

Surprising as it is living in NJ I have some great places to run.

Not at it at all. 

Not necessarily a workout today but I thought that I would share.  Sundays I run with my neighbor, Fisher.  He's been bugging me to go to the Lehigh Gap so I finally relented.  It's about a 40 minute drive but worth it.

http://lgnc.org/

We ran out along the river on a rail trail and back up along the mountainside along the trails.  Lots of fun!  I looked at the trail map and you can cut over the mountain to the Appalachian Trail.  I think that I have Fisher talked into doing this next time.  If we walk, we walk.

Surprising as it is living in NJ I have some great places to run.

I'll be running by that on tomorrow's long run. That's on the D and H heritage trail. I usually start in Slatington and go north. I can get 6.5 miles in I think before running out of the trail and hitting the road maybe a little less.then I turn around and run south. 

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Prince of Fatness

I'll be running by that on tomorrow's long run. That's on the D and H heritage trail. I usually start in Slatington and go north. I can get 6.5 miles in I think before running out of the trail and hitting the road maybe a little less.then I turn around and run south. 

Yes.  We ran from the visitor center through the gap on the D and H trail for about two and a half miles then hung a left on the trails and headed back.  Funny we passed mile 90 something on the D and H trail and I am used to mile 60 something because I run near Easton mostly.  There were some tough hills going back but they weren't that long and you get some breaks in between.  Nice scenery up there, too.  I'll be going back there for sure.

Not at it at all. 

I'm not sure if it's a "workout", but I had an awesome marathon relay yesterday.  First time for me, so I had NO IDEA how hard to run my four 1.6-mile legs or what to do in the downtime between them.  Got it almost right, though, averaged 6:44 pace -- which was faster than I thought I could do -- and had a really good time with new friends from a local running group I just joined.  It's left me feeling really enthusiastic about training right now!

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

I'm not sure if it's a "workout", but I had an awesome marathon relay yesterday.  First time for me, so I had NO IDEA how hard to run my four 1.6-mile legs or what to do in the downtime between them.  Got it almost right, though, averaged 6:44 pace -- which was faster than I thought I could do -- and had a really good time with new friends from a local running group I just joined.  It's left me feeling really enthusiastic about training right now!

Great job Clive!!!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Had a great long run today over at the D&H! Was a little suprised to hit a little snow and ice heading north however I was even MORE surprised when I hit a lot more snow/ice down south of Slatington. I shouldn't be considering all the tree's shadowing the trail but I was. I didn't fall so I'm happy.

MrPhin, did you guys turn at 3 ponds trail?

Prince of Fatness

MrPhin, did you guys turn at 3 ponds trail?

Yeah.  I made the map publicly viewable so you can see exactly where we ran if you want.  We parked at the visitor's center at the south side of the gap and ran north on the D & L trail for about 2 and a half miles then cut in at the 3 ponds trail.  We eventually climbed to a single track trail that parallels the D & L a ways up the mountainside and eventually made our way back through the gap and down.  About 6 and a half miles total.

Next time I go I want to head up over the mountain to the Appalachian Trail on the other side, then down to the visitor's center from there.  The mileage will be about the same but there will be more climbing and better views.

I really enjoyed running there Sunday.

Not at it at all. 

Just a dude.

Ahh... what a beautiful morning run... Just before dawn... An inch of fresh snow on the ground. I was the first human on a mile stretch of a horse trail near my house. Nice and quiet and peaceful.  

(and cold, but whatever...)

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Every day I'm shuffling.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Ahh... what a beautiful morning run... Just before dawn... An inch of fresh snow on the ground. I was the first human on a mile stretch of a horse trail near my house. Nice and quiet and peaceful.  

(and cold, but whatever...)

-Kelly

Oh this sounds just great---except the cold part of course.

steph  

Prince of Fatness

Every day I'm shuffling.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

Screw that race last weekend. Six miles at 5:28 pace, I could have kept on going had I not run out of time. Felt great. Despite how bad training went last month, this was nearly 50% further than I went when I last did a tempo at this pace about six weeks ago. I needed that.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills