3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Who had a good workout this week? (Read 2359 times)

Feeling the growl again

Yikes.

Why 5:21? 10K pace?

If he can do that workout, my money says his 10K pace now is a wee bit faster than that....

That's one solid workout, Ben.  Especially with that recovery.

I've never tried that one...have to stick it in my pocket.  Always wanted to do 3X5K ~16:00-16:15 but we never got around to it.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Was it all a dream?

Yikes.

Why 5:21? 10K pace?

Heh.  A bit random, but that's the new "strength" interval pace according to my coach.  I'm thinking it's approximately HM pace with a bit of a taper.

Was it all a dream?

If he can do that workout, my money says his 10K pace now is a wee bit faster than that....

That's one solid workout, Ben.  Especially with that recovery.

I've never tried that one...have to stick it in my pocket.  Always wanted to do 3X5K ~16:00-16:15 but we never got around to it.

Thanks.  Yeah, part of me wanted to stretch out the intervals to 5k... of course that part of me died about 1mi into each set Wink

DoppleBock

Next 2x4 and then 2x5

Ben is very good at adding very little time in translating these workouts to MP.   Not saying his MP is 5:21 - Just saying I would be adding 20-25 seconds to this workout tot get to MP and Ben would be adding 10 give or take ... Because Ben is a big show gamer ... Big Ben!

Survived a 3 x 3mi workout @ 5:21/mi pace yesterday (0.5mi recovery).  First time ever doing a 3x3 workout... definitely rough stuff.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

C-R

Heh.  A bit random, but that's the new "strength" interval pace according to my coach.  I'm thinking it's approximately HM pace with a bit of a taper.

I should have looked down the list of your PR's and noticed that for the HM. 

Your coach definitely believes in bringing the pain. 

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Kalsarikännit

I would absolutely love to be able to run 3 miles at 5:21 pace one day.  I'd try what Ben did with one tiny modification:  About a one week recovery between sets.  Big grin

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Was it all a dream?

Next 2x4 and then 2x5

Just saying I would be adding 20-25 seconds to this workout tot get to MP and Ben would be adding 10 give or take ...

2x4mi and 2x5mi would be pretty damn brutal as well.  The 3x3mi was a bit out of the ordinary this week as all of my strength workouts in prior weeks added up to 6mi.   The jump to 9mi was rough, but then again it's judgment week for Boston training.  Made it through the 10mi tempo today, so now I just have to find a way to make it through a 22mi fast finish LR on Sunday to fully survive the guantlet...

Hopefully I can add 13 sec to get to MP Smile

Was it all a dream?

Your coach definitely believes in bringing the pain. 

That he does.  Nice to know that he churns out much tougher workouts than he assigns to me though.

Feeling the growl again

Made it through the 10mi tempo today, so now I just have to find a way to make it through a 22mi fast finish LR on Sunday to fully survive the guantlet...

Hopefully I can add 13 sec to get to MP Smile

Damn man, 5:34 pace.  I think your PR better watch its six.

You need to go find a flat 10K too.  Wink

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Ben is the beastlier Schneider. Obviously. I was supposed to do the same exact workout today, only, 6:35 pace.

I did not survive it. Judgement week for Boston = not looking as hot for me. Someones gotta be the lesser half though! Wink

Knocked this bad boy out today:

4 x ( 2 mi  (Half MP - 5)  + 800 m recovery)

6:07, 6:02, 5:58, 5:57, 5:59, 6:01, 5:58, 5:55 

Mentally I was fried after that last one but my legs were still responding when I said go.    Going to drop some miles the next 6 weeks and see how a steady diet of similar runs and some shorter intervals translate into race times. 

Ben is the beastlier Schneider.

Don't sell yourself short, Mrs. S.  You're quite beastly.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Just a dude.

Ran a fairly easy 10 miler tonight.  It started off rough and windy, and I didn't feel particularly well...

Then 4 or so miles in I had a revelation. I had been running scared. Hypersensitive to every feeling and ache and pain. Worried about too many things. Uptight. 

So I relaxed. I decided to ignore all of that and try to just enjoy the run. Have some fun.

I felt so much better, and actually ran faster... Not anything amazing really, but really encouraging that I might be able to pick up pretty much where I left off...

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

That's great to hear Kelly. Hope things continue to progress well for you.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Ran a fairly easy 10 miler tonight.  It started off rough and windy, and I didn't feel particularly well...

Then 4 or so miles in I had a revelation. I had been running scared. Hypersensitive to every feeling and ache and pain. Worried about too many things. Uptight. 

So I relaxed. I decided to ignore all of that and try to just enjoy the run. Have some fun.

I felt so much better, and actually ran faster... Not anything amazing really, but really encouraging that I might be able to pick up pretty much where I left off...

-Kelly

Smile

steph