3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Who had a good workout this week? (Read 2359 times)

C-R

Regardless of the fact that I am always happy for the opportunity to run with someone at any pace, that will indeed guarantee your safety.  Smile

I can attest to this since spaniel doesn't drop me like fourth period French when I work my ass off and he hobbyjogs next to me.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

I was really too tired to attempt the 20   miler  today with two workouts  in the past four days,  but I decided I should do it so I would have mbehr  to pace me the second half.  completed at a decent pace with no pain or drama,  in fact it came off quite well compared to other first long runs in forever.  Looks like I have a marathon to run in three weeks now.

yeah,  for someone who ran a marathon  five days ago mbehr  kept the pace honest and it looks like we were down around 6:30  the last few miles.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

C-R

hell yeah.

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

I was really too tired to attempt the 20   miler  today with two workouts  in the past four days,  but I decided I should do it so I would have mbehr  to pace me the second half.  completed at a decent pace with no pain or drama,  in fact it came off quite well compared to other first long runs in forever.  Looks like I have a marathon to run in three weeks now.

yeah,  for someone who ran a marathon  five days ago mbehr  kept the pace honest and it looks like we were down around 6:30  the last few miles.

awesome. go git that marathon!

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Wow.

steph  

Thanks for meeting up for a run. Glad you got 20 in and felt good with it.  You'll be ready for the marathon. The good part too is that you ran much of the marathon course, so you know the lay of the land.

Walk-Jogger

31x400m today, 5:47 pace. Didn't feel like running long outdoors in the snow, rain, hail, wind and even sunshine at times, so I hit the indoor track for nearly 2 hours to do one last hard workout before my annual  goal 12K race next Sunday. Covered 12K today in 400m bites in 42:45, lying to myself the whole time that this was my " easy all-day running pace". Which it's not, by a long shot. But hey, I seem to relax and run faster when I tell myself lies like that . . .

I hope to do the actual 12K race next Sunday in 47: xx minutes, but I haven't put in as many miles or long runs this year so far, like I did last year, so that might be a stretch. We'll see what happens. The current weather forecast for next Sunday's race looks like we might be in for a scorcher, exactly the opposite of the bit of winter we had today. If it's hot, that's good for me, but even I need a few days of heat to to acclimate to it. Oh well, the track was 68 degrees like always today, so maybe I'm already acclimated.

Anyone else like Lemon-Lime Powerade and tequila? It's a pretty good pain killer. I'm going for seconds now and then a nap. 

Retired &  Loving It

Feeling the growl again

31x400m today,

Holy crap.  I never made it past 25....just wow.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

C-R

I'm tired from reading this. Good one Cecil. Pour whatever you want in that Gatorade. You earned it.

31x400m today, 5:47 pace. Didn't feel like running long outdoors in the snow, rain, hail, wind and even sunshine at times, so I hit the indoor track for nearly 2 hours to do one last hard workout before my annual  goal 12K race next Sunday. Covered 12K today in 400m bites in 42:45, lying to myself the whole time that this was my " easy all-day running pace". Which it's not, by a long shot. But hey, I seem to relax and run faster when I tell myself lies like that . . .

I hope to do the actual 12K race next Sunday in 47: xx minutes, but I haven't put in as many miles or long runs this year so far, like I did last year, so that might be a stretch. We'll see what happens. The current weather forecast for next Sunday's race looks like we might be in for a scorcher, exactly the opposite of the bit of winter we had today. If it's hot, that's good for me, but even I need a few days of heat to to acclimate to it. Oh well, the track was 68 degrees like always today, so maybe I'm already acclimated.

Anyone else like Lemon-Lime Powerade and tequila? It's a pretty good pain killer. I'm going for seconds now and then a nap. 

Walk-Jogger

Holy crap.  I never made it past 25....just wow.

Thanks, Andy. I'm pretty sure your 400's would make mine look like a crawl, LOL.

I hope this turns out to have been a useful workout and not a dumb stunt . . .

C-R - thanks, the tequila really did the trick. Instant pain reliever and nap aid, all in one.

It's awfully hard to type with a cat sitting on my right arm and blocking the computer screen.

Retired &  Loving It

Just a dude.

31x400 seems mind numbingly crazy.  Most I've ever done is 20, and that felt like forever.

If that doesn't help at least with mental toughness, I'm not sure what will...

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

Feeling the growl again

It's awfully hard to type with a cat sitting on my right arm and blocking the computer screen.

Is that a Maine coon cat?

Walk-Jogger

Is that a Maine coon cat?

She might be, based on appearance, but she's small at only 8 lbs and is from a feral litter so we don't know any background on her.

My legs are sore this morning for some reason.  

Retired &  Loving It

Feeling the growl again

she's small at only 8 lbs 

That would be a no.  Big grin

My legs are sore this morning for some reason.  

Hmmm, wonder why?  Nice job on the 31x400.  I'm still trying to comprehend getting through that many.  Wow.