3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

February Racing Thread (Read 1309 times)

Unless you are setting an official record somewhere, why would you NOT use chip time?  Heck, it's your time, if you trust what you did with your watch why not use that?  The only times I've been locked into using what was on a website is when using it as time verification to get into Boston or the elite group of a race.

I'm not sure why being on a website should make it more legitimate.  Heck, several years ago the Chicago Marathon adjusted the times of several elite runners belonging to teams connected with the race administration down by several seconds to get those runners under the A and B trials standards, without adjusting the times of any other runners around them.  If it differs from the chip time who knows why.

Actually after posting this and talking to my husband I saw how idiotic I was being. Anyway's that number's going down anyways.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

That's easy.  What you do is find another 5K and erase the doubt.

See you in March.

THAT is the plan!

See you then!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Anyway's that number's going down anyways.

Exactly.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Anyway's that number's going down anyways.

Like.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Chip time is the one.  

And good luck taking it down next time!

steph  

Cold is in the eye of the beer-holder.

Take a good warmup, believe in your training and I am sure you will do it.  You can throw on a layer to stay warm in the cold, it's hot that you can't do anything about.  I thought we'd freeze racing last weekend but once past the first 1/4 mile it did not matter.

I just have a hard time getting my mind in the right spot when it's below freezing.    Give me anything 32 - 110 degrees and I can get my mind into to it.

Training's gone better than ever before and it's pancake flat so it's just a matter of embracing the pain. 

C-R

embracing the pain. 

Quote worthy!

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

I just have a hard time getting my mind in the right spot when it's below freezing.    Give me anything 32 - 110 degrees and I can get my mind into to it.

Training's gone better than ever before and it's pancake flat so it's just a matter of embracing the pain. 

I know what you mean about the cold / heat amc!  It should be okay temp wise this week.  I think that it will be warmer there

than over here in Augusta.

Good luck with it!

steph  

1:19:52  Big grin

Prince of Fatness

Not at it at all. 

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

steph  

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Feeling the growl again

1:19:52  Big grin

I take it you and the pain got nice and intimate then.

Awesome run.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.