Beginners and Beyond

We are Saturdailies (Read 31 times)

DavePNW

The X-Men flicks are the shiz except the last one seemed to put in question everything that came before it. 

I think it is well known that trying to piece together the chronology of the various movies is an exercise in futility, as it defies explanation & logic. Don't try to over-analyze, just sit back & enjoy. 

Dave

LRB

I'm not a big movie watcher. I never go to the movies and when I do it's to please DW.,,

I on the other hand have been going to the show since I was 5 or 6, which started with my sister and her boyfriend who eventually got married and are still together.

There was a stretch there from about '76 to '80 where we went once every other month or so.

Most of those were karate flicks and movies like King Kong, the Superman series and the Star Wars trilogy among a dozen or more others.

I have always enjoyed it and continued the tradition with my kids spending major coin taking them and their friends to the show a billion times over the years.

LRB

I'm not normally big on the superhero movies, but I thought it was excellent.

Marvel does it again, I did not want that to end.

Ant Man is a solid A!

delicate flower

Hello!  I ran 5 easy this morning, did some chores, went to the family picnic, now I am making fish tacos.  Speaking of movies, Step Brothers is on right now and I love this movie.  Wish it was unedited though.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Some of the superhero movies I like a lot; some I have no interest in. This one falls into the latter category. I have no real memory of the character from my comic book reading days of youth, and not sure I buy Paul Rudd as superhero. However it gets a 64 from Metacritic and 80 from Rotten Tomatoes, so may give it a try. But likely not before it comes to On Demand.

This is why we are not going to watch it.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Iron Man 1 was probably the best of the franchise with 3 coming in just behind it. An argument could be made that 3 was the best though.

IM 2 was subpar but I loved the Justin Hammer character.  Dude was really funny.

The X-Men flicks are the shiz except the last one seemed to put in question everything that came before it. 

Hello?  They changed the past at the end?

Damaris

LRB

I think it is well known that trying to piece together the chronology of the various movies is an exercise in futility, as it defies explanation & logic. Don't try to over-analyze, just sit back & enjoy. 

True. I just did not like the implication that everything that ever happened with the series, possibly didn't. The next movie in the franchise is due soon and I am looking forward to it. Maybe they will clean that up, or maybe they won't.

LRB

Hello?  They changed the past at the end?

No. Did you not see it? I was certain you did.

LRB

This is why we are not going to watch it.

I was of the same mindset, like Ant Man? Really?? It is a good movie though, one of Marvel's better offerings.

B-Plus

Don't blow up.

39:01 FFS, but you already knew that.

Cyberic

I can run a 9k faster than that!

happylily

25.74 and it was so damn humid. Wait... is it still kilometer day or are we back to American lingo? If so, then I only ran 16 miles. But it was still damn humid!!!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

Not bad for 64 degrees. That 5th kilometer must have seemed a mile long!  I never go further back than the third row anymore, doing so gives away placings for like times.

LRB

25.74 and it was so damn humid.

I thought those were miles.

happylily

I thought those were miles.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010