Beginners and Beyond

Sharing misery on the disabled list (Read 333 times)

bluerun

Super B****

Nope, it's back now.  *sigh*

I think a sacrifice involves giving up something valuable, no??  My brain is my worst enemy right now so a lobotomy probably wouldn't count as a sacrifice.  Though since the running gods are fickle, maybe they operate by a different set of rules...

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

Though since the running gods are fickle, maybe they operate by a different set of rules...

It could be that they have been affected by the government shut down.

daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

I had my follow-up today...got cleared to return to running GRADUALLY...as in, EASE back into it.  That being said, I went on a 25:00 ralk either, and no pain in my femur/hip whatsoever.  I'll be following Pfitzinger's 7-week return-from-stress-fracture/reaction ralking plan.

Continued best wishes to everyone in their recovery!

Hip Redux

I had my follow-up today...got cleared to return to running GRADUALLY...as in, EASE back into it.  That being said, I went on a 25:00 ralk either, and no pain in my femur/hip whatsoever.  I'll be following Pfitzinger's 7-week return-from-stress-fracture/reaction ralking plan.

Continued best wishes to everyone in their recovery!

What's that?  I've never heard of it, if it's a real thing! lol

Pinktastic

I'd love to see it too.  If I ever get off the DL.....   The latest is that I managed to break a different bone in the same foot on Sunday.  How, you ask?   By participating in the completely grueling sport of walking the dog.  :-(

For those who are progressing in your recovery - that's awesome!

For those still fuly on the DL - I'm sorry and I hope you heal quickly!

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

Just B.S.

For those who are progressing in your recovery - that's awesome!

For those still fuly on the DL - I'm sorry and I hope you heal quickly!

Ditto.

Singer who runs a smidge

I'd love to see it too.  If I ever get off the DL.....   The latest is that I managed to break a different bone in the same foot on Sunday.  How, you ask?   By participating in the completely grueling sport of walking the dog.  :-(

That sounds so frustrating!!  A year or so ago my mom had surgery on her back for a herniated disc.  Just when she was about fully recovered from the surgery, she tripped over the dog and broke a bone in her foot.  Sometimes you just want to go back to bed, crawl under the covers, and shut out the world!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

That Pfitz program is here.  It's a little more aggressive than I like, but then I've been down for so long I'm heading back to C25k.  I did get the good drugs, though, so hopefully come Monday I can start up again.  I won't have time before then!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Hip Redux

That Pfitz program is here.  It's a little more aggressive than I like, but then I've been down for so long I'm heading back to C25k.  I did get the good drugs, though, so hopefully come Monday I can start up again.  I won't have time before then!

Thanks for the link!

Pinktastic

Thanks for the link - it looks good!

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

bluerun

Super B****

There's a printout of that Pfitz plan hanging on my refrigerator.  I never used it -- it struck me as too aggressive, too, when I came back after my first (five) fractures, so I used C25K as well.  But I'm too superstitious to take it off the fridge.  Joking

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

GinnyinPA

I tried the Pfitz plan when I was coming back after my pelvic sfx.  I was fine for the first two weeks, then the pain was back.  I had to take another two months off.  If you feel like it's too aggressive for you, pay attention.

Hip Redux

There's a printout of that Pfitz plan hanging on my refrigerator.  I never used it -- it struck me as too aggressive, too, when I came back after my first (five) fractures, so I used C25K as well.  But I'm too superstitious to take it off the fridge.  Joking

You have sfxs like I have herniated discs!

We really oughta open up that store. lol

I did a run/walk thing when I was coming back - mostly unstructured, run to the tree, walk to the next driveway sort of stuff.  From looking at the Pfitz plan, I'm probably at week 4.   And it took me 7 weeks to get there lol

daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

This.  Smile

http://kemibe.com/distancecoach/labreports/stressfracture.shtml

MTA:  Nevermind, someone beat me to it.

Yes, it does look aggressive, but I will be monitoring any aches and pains carefully, and stepping back if needed.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Soooooo the first time I took 4 months off, you're saying that a 5 mile run right off the bat was a bad idea?

Running is dumb.