Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #145 (Read 32 times)

DavePNW

OK here it is.

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2020/05/strava-cuts-off-leaderboard-for-free-users-reduces-3rd-party-apps-for-all-and-more.html

Nothing I really GAF about in here, and nothing about GAP. I don’t have a problem with them charging for some of their features.

Dave

DavePNW

Update on mom4running - now at 133 miles through Saturday, nothing yet logged for Sunday. JHC.

Dave

LRB

The GAP is missing from all of my workouts too. I really liked that feature for my hill workouts so boo.

sdWhiskers

I have GAP on mine but alas I'm a paying customer.

DavePNW

I have GAP on mine but alas I'm a paying customer.

Aren’t you fancy!

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

OK here it is.

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2020/05/strava-cuts-off-leaderboard-for-free-users-reduces-3rd-party-apps-for-all-and-more.html

Nothing I really GAF about in here, and nothing about GAP. I don’t have a problem with them charging for some of their features.

The GAP was always ridiculous anyway -- it never made sense. I am sad to lose the matched runs feature but not sad enough to pay for it

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

DavePNW

The GAP was always ridiculous anyway -- it never made sense. I am sad to lose the matched runs feature but not sad enough to pay for it

I disagree, I thought it usually made sense, and a reasonable indicator of actual effort vs pace with elevation changes. I won’t miss the matched runs feature that much. Anyway the main thing I use Strava for is just to see what other people are running. Sometimes the side by side comparison is fun. But all the log data I really need is here. Except Strava is better at capturing elevation gain data.

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

I disagree, I thought it usually made sense, and a reasonable indicator of actual effort vs pace with elevation changes. I won’t miss the matched runs feature that much. Anyway the main thing I use Strava for is just to see what other people are running. Sometimes the side by side comparison is fun. But all the log data I really need is here. Except Strava is better at capturing elevation gain data.

I thought so too, until it started giving me GAP ... on the track.

chasing the impossible

LRB

The GAP was always ridiculous anyway -- it never made sense.

No? Was it that you didn't need the pace correlation, or that you just didn't do hill work?

LRB

Ah. I get it with most of my runs, but I also know there are variations on the surface. Even when it appears you're running on flat ground.

bluerun

Super B****

Ah. I get it with most of my runs, but I also know there are variations on the surface. Even when it appears you're running on flat ground.

Sure, it's possible that it's not 100% flat... but there is no way I gained 50+ feet in elevation in one mile. On a track.

chasing the impossible

DavePNW

I’m pretty sure I never had that. Could this have been your watch’s problem rather than Strava’s?

Dave

LRB

I’m pretty sure I never had that. Could this have been your watch’s problem rather than Strava’s?

Her watch is the equivalent of a Mercedes Maybach, so unlikely that. Or that.

DavePNW

Her watch is the equivalent of a Mercedes Maybach, so unlikely that. Or that.

Well when it comes to Garmins, I’m not sure more features and higher price necessarily ensure greater accuracy or less goofy shit. It seems strange that Strava would take Garmin’s data and take it upon itself to fabricate elevation changes.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Well when it comes to Garmins, I’m not sure more features and higher price necessarily ensure greater accuracy or less goofy shit. It seems strange that Strava would take Garmin’s data and take it upon itself to fabricate elevation changes.

Strava does this all the time.

Damaris