Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES (Read 35 times)

bluerun

Super B****

I don't wanna go home. 

But four more days until I can run again...

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Cyberic

You need to earn money to pay for those diving trips, thus go home and work. Unless you want to do like I was doing in my 20s and live off that sport by becoming an instructor or something.

Running: My knee was hurting on my commute home yesterday. Like hurting pretty much. Weird. Was still feeling it this morning, so decided not to do intervals at lunch. My commute to work this morning kinda fixed the knee, but I can still feel it sitting at my desk. I'll see on my commute back. I think it will be fine, and if so, I might do some hill work tonight. Not sprints, but cardio on hills. Or not.

bluerun

Super B****

You need to earn money to pay for those diving trips, thus go home and work. Unless you want to do like I was doing in my 20s and live off that sport by becoming an instructor or something.

Becoming an instructor is expensive too... the running joke is that PADI stands for "Put Another Dollar In." Though I don't actually want to instruct because it's one thing if I screw up and die, it's another thing if I screw up and kill someone else! I just need to win the lottery. Obviously.

chasing the impossible

LRB

I don't wanna go home. 

But four more days until I can run again...

Viewing the glass as half full are we? I've completely ruined you. lol

bluerun

Super B****

Viewing the glass as half full are we? I've completely ruined you. lol

That depends on whether you consider four days a lot or a little

chasing the impossible

delicate flower

'Morning, muchacotacos!  Today's run schedule calls for a double, and I got the hard one done early.  Since I am incapable of making my legs move fast in the morning, I hit the treadmill to force my legs to cooperate.  It worked!  I had a good tempo run.  30 minutes moderate, then 5 x 5:00 hard/1:00 easy.  Total run was 60 minutes, 8.85 miles, 6:47 avg pace.  My legs are tired now.  Part of 2 of my double tonight will be an easy effort.

Starbucks was a damn zoo this morning.  There were like 15 people ahead of me waiting for drinks, and I ordered ahead on my app.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Baboon, I think it's because the holiday cup and drinks came out?

I have 5-6 tonight.  It will be in the low 30s to the 20s, so good practice for the race which has feels like of 17F at the start (pssst, don't tell Andrea).

Damaris

LRB

That depends on whether you consider four days a lot or a little

It would be 4 lifetimes for an adult mayfly, so there's some more glass half full for you!

delicate flower

Baboon, I think it's because the holiday cup and drinks came out?

The problem with those reusable holiday cups is that they are grande, and I need venti.  Hard pass!

<3

Cyberic

Becoming an instructor is expensive too... the running joke is that PADI stands for "Put Another Dollar In." Though I don't actually want to instruct because it's one thing if I screw up and die, it's another thing if I screw up and kill someone else! I just need to win the lottery. Obviously.

I was never as poor as when I was a skydiving instructor. That is the reason I came back, went back to school, and integrated the corporate world. But, I would skydive a lot (a lot being relative), and never worry about having "to leave in four days".

I would not recommend it, though.

sdWhiskers

Like running in a cloud this morning--foggy, cool and wet. Only had to yell WTF at one car this morning. 5ish miles that finally felt a bit fresh.

HM on Sunday which means 4 more weeks to CIM. Gosh, I really wish the marathon was this weekend.

sdWhiskers

The problem with those reusable holiday cups is that they are grande, and I need venti.  Hard pass!

Is that the metric system?

I only go to Starbucks like once a year.

delicate flower

Is that the metric system?

I only go to Starbucks like once a year.

Yeah, basically.  It is the metric system for coffee.

<3

LRB

Yeah, basically.  It is the metric system for coffee.

Tall for me.

LRB

Like running in a cloud this morning--foggy, cool and wet. Only had to yell WTF at one car this morning. 5ish miles that finally felt a bit fresh.

HM on Sunday which means 4 more weeks to CIM. Gosh, I really wish the marathon was this weekend.

lol - Your mileage looks great, you're doing awesome. #workworkworkworkwork