Beginners and Beyond

TUESDAILIES Are Up Way Too Early Today (Read 49 times)

onemile

Neither do I

I used to use the USB cable, but it never failed to drive me insane; I haven't had any problems sending it from my phone.

That's cool. I have mine setup already to upload via bluetooth from my phone so next time I need to program a workout I will try it that way.  I'd be happy to only use the USB cable for charging. That's the only thing it doesn't suck at (knock on wood).

bluerun

Super B****

That's cool. I have mine setup already to upload via bluetooth from my phone so next time I need to program a workout I will try it that way.  I'd be happy to only use the USB cable for charging. That's the only thing it doesn't suck at (knock on wood).

Most of the time I upload via the USB cable, since I plug in my watch to charge after every run.  It usually works fine.  I had a lot of issues when Garmin Express wasn't compatible with RA, but lately it's been a dream.  (Knock on wood, indeed.)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

I don't think that is the case. When I connect the Garmin via USB, it shows as an external device; I upload runs to RA via the file import option, just grabbing the .FIT file.

Anyway I may just give it a try.

Oh. Well you are correct. The only thing I would say then is patience is a virtue. lol

When everything works though it's awesome (which is usually the case).

MTA: knock on wood like a mother fucker. lol

Cyberic

So other than the fact that if I lose it I'm screwed, the ant+ stick is not such a bad option after all. I just put the watch besides the computer, and if Garmin Express is running on the said computer, the workout just transfers.

And since I configured RA to use my Garmin account (or was it the other way around?) the workout just shows in RA as if I had selected the .fit file from my computer. That is what you would save, Dave, the browsing to find the .fit file on your hard drive. The rest is the same.

onemile

So other than the fact that if I lose it I'm screwed, the ant+ stick is not such a bad option after all. I just put the watch besides the computer, and if Garmin Express is running on the said computer, the workout just transfers.

And since I configured RA to use my Garmin account (or was it the other way around?) the workout just shows in RA as if I had selected the .fit file from my computer. That is what you would save, Dave, the browsing to find the .fit file on your hard drive. The rest is the same.

I transfer via wi-fi, so all I have to do is walk in the door.  (I used to have the ANT+ and this is better).  It's sending a workout to my watch that is a PITA.

And you're not really screwed if you lost the ant+, just buy a new one for about 25 bucks on Amazon.

LRB

...just buy a new one for about 25 bucks on Amazon.

That's what he meant about being screwed. He ain't spending shit. lol

Cyberic

That's what he meant about being screwed. He ain't spending shit. lol

Exactly. I'm a cheap bastard, and proud of it!

MTA: And that is why I bought a 610 when the 620s were out. 200 bucks instead of 500.

LRB

MTA: And that is why I bought a 610 when the 620s were out. 200 bucks instead of 500.

That's not being cheap that's just prudence. Nothing wrong with that.

LRB

WE INTERRUPT THIS TECH TALK SESSION TO BRING YOU THE FOLLOWING:

I just left Olive Garden where I've been for the past 90 minutes and I ate all the bread sticks. All the salad. And all the soup.

#nevergivearunnerfreerefillsstupid

DavePNW

When you have the 620, it doesn't save the FIT file to your computer. It uploads via wifi and it is not saved locally. So then if you want it, you have to go to GC and download the FIT file.

Mine doesn't save to my computer either. I import to RA directly from the device; I just browse the file directory & select the .fit file.

Anyway, I just dowloaded the GC app on my phone & did the Bluetooth pairing. Now I am watching the "completing setup" progress bar on my phone move slower than a Monday recovery run.

Then someone will have to tell me what I need to do to get the workouts to go to RA.

Dave

LRB

Then someone will have to tell me what I need to do to get the workouts to go to RA.

It will show red at the top of the RA page, with the number of workouts indicated. It's the arrow pointing downward next to the PM and log comments symbols.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Good gravy, 70 posts already!

Yesterday I did a VERY hilly 5-miler at a local winery.   There was no flat place on this whole dang course.  The reward afterwards was a great after-party at the winery.....free wine, food, etc.   Report and photos here:   http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/d467fc89553544f0bef6a2ffce4779b2/resume#focus

This morning before work I did a very easy 3.1 miles on the flattest roads I could find....but my legs still felt those hills from yesterday, lol.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

DavePNW

It will show red at the top of the RA page, with the number of workouts indicated. It's the arrow pointing downward next to the PM and log comments symbols.

I think I first need to set up the RA connection to GC, in Training Log/Tools/Applications.

In the mean time, the progress bar is now at about 50%....

Dave

LRB

Good gravy, I need some biscuits up in this bitch.

LRB

I think I first need to set up the RA connection to GC, in Training Log/Tools/Applications.

In the mean time, the progress bar is now at about 50%....

It's not  that complicated, you just have to have THAT BAR REACH 100% FFS.