Beginners and Beyond

The Aftermath MonDAILIES (Read 42 times)

Cyberic

22 points done - contemplating missing the goal Wink

1st 14 miler of this plan cycle and ramp up week - I should be ending around 72.  Sad

I realized I have only hit double digit runs 3 times in the past 5 months.  This is gonna be rough for a bit.

(14, 10, 10, 12, 9, 9, 9) not! Looking forward to it

You starting your training for Boston already?

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

You starting your training for Boston already?

Yes - going to be a long winter and I need to get my daily runs up ( and work on quads)

LRB

75 points done. I plan on adding about 33 more later.

Okay, that was an inside joke... I will run 5 miles easy after work and so far I've done 3 sets of 25 push-ups. I plan on some more this afternoon, along with some sit-ups and about 15 minutes of stretching.

lol - you have 75 more than I.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Pilates class alone should've brought me 100 points at least!

Back at the office.

Damaris

Cyberic

Yes - going to be a long winter and I need to get my daily runs up ( and work on quads)

What is it, 21 weeks in advance?

Cyberic

75 points done. I plan on adding about 33 more later.

I have 10 - 10 km

LRB

What is it, 21 weeks in advance?

Actually 24 weeks or six months is what he declared.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Actually 24 weeks or six months is what he declared.

Yup the plan is a 24 week one. Based off of Daniels - custom from my Vdot tests.

This is starting the 4th week

note:

although coach has recently stated "you don't need to go backwards" and is planning to "put me on a cycle" um...  Until I get that I'm repeating this one.

ps:

felt guilty so I just did a quick 28 points in push-ups

50 points for the day!

Mmmmm...beer

Just saw the core workout points game.  I've been trying to get back into a routine, haven't been able to make my Monday night group workouts.  I'm doing sets of pushups with my perfect pushup handles, and then at the end of each set I hold a plank until the end of whatever song is playing at the time (sometimes it's short, sometimes it's long lol).  I'd have to actually pay attention to figure out my points. lol  I need to get back on my pullups too!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Cyberic

Yup the plan is a 24 week one. Based off of Daniels - custom from my Vdot tests.

This is starting the 4th week

note:

although coach has recently stated "you don't need to go backwards" and is planning to "put me on a cycle" um...  Until I get that I'm repeating this one.

ps:

felt guilty so I just did a quick 28 points in push-ups

50 points for the day!

What is your goal finish time for Boston? Do you know yet?

See how the points system, easy as it is, made you do a few pushups you would not have done otherwise!

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

What is your goal finish time for Boston? Do you know yet?

See how the points system, easy as it is, made you do a few pushups you would not have done otherwise!

Soft goal at this point is just sub 3:00.  I should have had it during MCM but alas.  I'll home in on a better estimate a few months down the line.

Ya on the guilt

happylily

I just did another 2 sets of push-ups, 2x30. If that could save me from running 5 to 15 miles every day, I'd be willing to do 200 push-ups daily. Unfortunately, they are not equal for me. Push-ups have always felt relatively easy for me. Running is more of an effort.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

happylily

I could do another set of 30 push-ups right now, but it would just be to irritate Cy. He wouldn't find it funny. 

onemile

I just did another 2 sets of push-ups, 2x30. If that could save me from running 5 to 15 miles every day, I'd be willing to do 200 push-ups daily. Unfortunately, they are not equal for me. Push-ups have always felt relatively easy for me. Running is more of an effort.

Who is keeping score here? It looks like Lily has taken the lead by a huge margin.

happylily

Who is keeping score here? It looks like Lily has taken the lead by a huge margin.

We should make teams and have a little competition here.