Beginners and Beyond

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers (Read 212 times)

Nevrgivup

I can't thank you all enough for your thoughts and prayers. I am so thankful to be alive. Worst thing ever to go through and I am just so thankful to have such a huge group of support that can come together to get through this. Your thoughts and concern mean a lot and words cannot describe how glad I am to be alive right now.

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

Robert31320

Team TJ

Hilary, I think I can speak for everyone where when I say we are glad you are a part of this community!

i'm sure there are also many folks that you assisted today that see you as an angel tonight.

Running for TJ because he can't.

Nevrgivup

Thanks Robert. Yes, I need to remember the few marathoners that finished today that I had the pleasure of treating today. Both worked in the medical profession. One an aspiring nurse who was close to graduating who ran a 3:14 and a Certified Nurse Midwife. I also need to remember how cool my day was before this tragic even occurred. I got a very cool picture with Meb and he even gave me a huge hug. That is a priceless picture for sure.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Well said Robert. Thank you for all you did in this tragedy, for putting your own thoughts and fears aside to help those that needed you. Take care, and make sure to get the help you may need too.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

@runjerseygirl

I'm so relieved to see that you're okay.  We're watching the press conference right now, and it's absolutely horrifying.

Do you even run?

Nevrgivup - my wife posted the following quote on FB and it made me think of you. Thank you for being there as a volunteer.

“When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news,” he said in a highly viral image “My mother would say to me, ‘Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.’ To this day, especially in times of ‘disaster,’ I remember my mother’s words, and I am always comforted by realizing that there are still so many helpers — so many caring people in this world.”Mr.Rogers

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

Hip Redux

I am so glad you are ok!

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

In moments like these, it's easy to feel helpless.  It's so far away, but it still feels personal.  Thoughts and prayers are the one thing that we can offer.  I do feel like I know a lot of you, and when someone is sick, or goes through something tragic it is scary.  So, I really appreciate you taking the time to let us know you weren't physically harmed.  If we can offer emotional support, don't hesitate to vent or do whatever it takes.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Supersono99

Hilary, I hope you are doing okay. I cannot imagine the emotional trauma having been there and seen the tragedy first hand.

Baboon

delicate flower

Glad to hear you are safe, Hilary.  You're one of the first people I thought of.

<3

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

My heart is with you. (((((())))))

happylily

(((Hilary))), so, so sorry you had to witness this. Thank you so much for what you gave us all, runners, today.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LKDave

Glad to hear you are OK!

My brother posted a thing that was posted after Newton quoting Mr. Rogers about looking for the helpers in a tragedy. I read it and thought about my pretend friend Hilary who was one of the real helpers today. Angel of mercy indeed.

Nevrgivup

I'm so glad to see you are Ok Lily! A bit bittersweet. Prior to this tragedy, I was up close and personal with Kara and Shalane and I even got a photo and a hug from Meb. I may have posted this already so forgive me. Congrats on an amazing PR!

(((Hilary))), so, so sorry you had to witness this. Thank you so much for what you gave us all, runners, today.

Dr. Cornsitter

So happy to hear you are okay. Thank you for your service and thank you for helping to save the lives of those hurt today. God bless you for your abilities and dedication.

Quote from BeachRunner3234 on 6/25/2013 at 8:20 PM:

So I'm currently sitting with a bag of frozen corn in my ass.