Beginners and Beyond

I'm in the local paper (Read 210 times)

Love the Half

We had a local reporter stop by my workplace the other day to talk about my Boston experience.  Despite what you see in the article, the vast majority of our conversation consisted of me encouraging her to keep running even after she finishes a 5K she signed up for.  I made a few suggestions about how to run farther before taking your first walk break.  Anywho, here it is.

Professor Recounts Boston Experience

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Nice!

Damaris

DavePNW

Cool! That's 2 RA B&B media stars this week - Zelanie got a writeup in her local paper as well!

I guess I did not realize you were in WV, I used to live in Parkersburg.

Dave

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Nice article! Again.....very glad you are alright!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Walk-Jogger

Our small-town local paper didn't think the bombing was important enough to even put it on the Tuesday morning front page, unbelievably. They put it in the sports section. The headlines for the day were all about the new residential trash bins with wheels...Angry

Retired &  Loving It

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Our small-town local paper didn't think the bombing was important enough to even put it on the Tuesday morning front page, unbelievably. They put it in the sports section. The headlines for the day were all about the new residential trash bins with wheels...Angry

That's so ridiculous it is almost comical

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Love the Half

Hey now, I like the wheels on my trash container.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

Nice article, glad you got back safe.

GC100k

Monday night the local TV station had interviews with relatives of every one of the 6 or 8 locals who were in the race.  Except they said they couldn't reach one guy and didn't know about him, but I had just heard him on the radio on the drive home.  It was pretty much the only story even though we're thousands of miles away.

Good job Brad.

Nice article. A number of people I know have made their local papers around here. I was actually called by a TV news reporter and my daughter was interviewed. I also was quoted in an article in our local paper along with two of my friends. It's a little weird as I know some will think this is just a "hey look at me" thing but it is part of the narrative of the day.

LINK

Newpaper

"We are endurance athletes, and we will endure."

Love it.

MrNamtor

"I just can't jog"

This should be your signature line

Zelanie

Very nice article!  Glad you're OK.  It's great that she closed with the discussion of how it's not going to deter you or most other runners from doing what we love.

And she didn't call you a jogger either. Wink

GinnyinPA

Nice article.  Our local paper did a good one on the runners from our area who were at the race.  It's a small town but with a committed group of serious runners.

Adam_McAllen

Beer-and-waffle Powered

That's cool they wrote about you. My hometown is so small that there's always a write-up on the two or three people that ran Boston.

In the words of my late-coach : Just hang in there, relax... and at the end of a race anyone you see.....just pass them