Beginners and Beyond

Bone Chilling FriDAILIES (Read 37 times)

LRB

Well, not literally, but it is cold AF for this early in November. Brr.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It was 18F when I left the house for work so I agree with that statement.  LOL.

I have a shakeout run tonight.

Damaris

bluerun

Super B****

Seriously -- this is a very harsh return to reality!! I was in temperatures more than twice this yesterday, and I would have preferred to stay there, thank you.

15 miles on the trainer because I've had enough of being a lazy lump. Also, my hips are ridiculously sore. I guess that whole "don't kick from the knees" finning thing worked?

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

delicate flower

Good morning, fellow burrito fans!  I swam this morning.  I can honestly say that swimming once a week does not make for great swims.  Fortunately my swimming IDGAF meter is pretty full right now.  I've got easy run to do later.  My legs and my body feel like they are three weeks and change from marathon race day, and you know how that feels. 

<3

delicate flower

It was 18F when I left the house for work so I agree with that statement.  LOL.

I have a shakeout run tonight.

I know it's only been like three days but how are you liking the chilly temps up north compared to the hellfire in Miami?

<3

Off and was off yesterday, right foot/ankle pain had creeped in, should have changed my road shoes and trail shoes weeks ago, had replacements for both in my closet...oops

Cyberic

I know it's only been like three days but how are you liking the chilly temps up north compared to the hellfire in Miami?

B&Bers wanna know!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It feels like 92F in Miami right now.  I am loving this weather. Ran in 28F last night and loved every minute of it in the dark.  And I can breathe fine which is a lot to say compared to Miami.  How low can I go? We shall see!

And coincidentally, I dressed like you would in 50s 

Damaris

LRB

Seriously -- this is a very harsh return to reality!! I was in temperatures more than twice this yesterday, and I would have preferred to stay there, thank you.

15 miles on the trainer because I've had enough of being a lazy lump. Also, my hips are ridiculously sore. I guess that whole "don't kick from the knees" finning thing worked?

Yes.

When do you get back at it, Sunday? Today will be my last rest day, I'm ready. 👍

delicate flower

It feels like 92F in Miami right now.  I am loving this weather. Ran in 28F last night and loved every minute of it in the dark.  And I can breathe fine which is a lot to say compared to Miami.  How low can I go? We shall see!

And coincidentally, I dressed like you would in 50s 

lmao

You need a nuke vest.

<3

bluerun

Super B****

Yes.

When do you get back at it, Sunday? Today will be my last rest day, I'm ready. 👍

I had my buddy shoot some video of me so I could see what it looked like -- and my knees are still not doing what they should!! Though I guess my hips already hurt at that point so maybe I should have taken that video a few dives earlier.

I'm going to wait until Monday to give it a full fourteen days. And my hips another day to chill out! I suppose one more day won't make me feel any  more like a beached whale than I already do.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

delicate flower

It's funny at work when someone starts a new exercise program that they feel the need to tell me about it.  I mean, I don't mind and I actually welcome the discussion.  A guy in the cafeteria was telling me all about him and his wife starting Crossfit.  Good for them, and I'll encourage him.  My favorite though is the older lady who is legit interested in my racing and will spent 20 minutes peppering me with questions.  I enjoy those conversations.  I don't particularly like the small talk questions from people who really couldn't give two craps, and I never bring the subject up voluntarily. 

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

lmao

You need a nuke vest.

The one I'm wearing is not enough?  It's down!

Damaris

LRB

I had my buddy shoot some video of me so I could see what it looked like -- and my knees are still not doing what they should!! Though I guess my hips already hurt at that point so maybe I should have taken that video a few dives earlier.

I'm going to wait until Monday to give it a full fourteen days. And my hips another day to chill out! I suppose one more day won't make me feel any  more like a beached whale than I already do.

I'll give you credit for sticking with it. My brain just found it confusing to "kick" from the hips!

delicate flower

The one I'm wearing is not enough?  It's down!

Nuke vest.  All of the cool kids wear them.  So do me and Dave.

<3