Beginners and Beyond

Houston, we have the Sundailies. (Read 41 times)

DavePNW

Do others finish one and think "can't wait to do another one"? Because I don't feel like that, ha

No, not yet. Give yourself a day or two.

Dave

onemile

Do others finish one and think "can't wait to do another one"? Because I don't feel like that, ha

It's more like a gradual feeling of... "I know I can do better" and a gradual forgetting of how hard and painful it was.

Congrats btw!

Baboon

delicate flower

No, usually it's a feeling of confusion like "Why the hell do I do this to myself?"

<3

DavePNW

It's more like a gradual feeling of... "I know I can do better" and a gradual forgetting of how hard and painful it was.

Pretty much like deciding to have another kid.

Dave

sdWhiskers

People say this about childbirth and I will NEVER do that again!

GinnyinPA

sdwhiskers - congratulations. That is hot for a marathon. Next time go somewhere cooler. I actually did finish the race thinking, "I can't wait to do this again, only better."  My next one was a complete disaster, thanks to heat and overdoing it the day before, but my 3rd was significantly better.

Baboon - nice race on a cold day. Was snow/ice a factor?

AFM: 16.4 miles, with 10 at marathon pace. I'm tired.

Runshortii

My hip was bugging me a lot when I started running again after Madison and it was always worse after a rest day and if I took 2 days off, even worse. It felt best running every day but not too far. Weird how that works

This is how my knee is. Hurts the worst after a rest day, and the more I run the less it hurts

Runshortii

SD - congrats!! What a great feeling. As far as not wanting to do another one, give it time 

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Dave - Sucks about your luggage.  Hope it shows up before your next trip.  Funny how you think about your running gear and not much else (well, not funny).

LRB - Your story is eerily similar to one of my sister who is terrified of flying (and yes, she also had two double bloody mary's!).  But glad to hear you're better with flying now.  My sister, not so much.

Cy - 20 in those temps?!?!  I think you've beaten Docket on my "not human" scale.  Rest up, you deserve it.  Shoveling snow is work!

Ginny - I know what you mean about these temps.  I'm cold, then warm, then cold again.  When it gets really really cold, it isn't so bad because you're not warm enough to sweat too much.  Gloves... I still haven't figured that one out yet.  Nice running today!

bluerun - Nice miles today.  Cross-training at the library?  That I would like to see.

Baboon - Nice non-race!  Great placement at the end.  Glad you had fun!

ROS - Was that a crazy Vikings game or what?!?!

Costal - I'm jealous with that running weather.

onemile - Nice running!

sdWhiskers - Congrats on your first marathon!  I agree with the others, those were serious high temps for a marathon.  Rest up and enjoy.  But by the time you read this it may be a day later, so..... when's the next one?

Finished the back-half of the double for today for 13.  I don't know how you guys do LR's in this cold weather.  For some reason my tummy freezes (right around the muffin top area).  I come home sometimes and have DW touch it and it feels like ice. 

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I finished my first marathon today around the same time that my Steelers were apparently being destroyed. I thought 4:20ish was possible but ended up finishing 4:38. I was at 2:10 through the half but was struggling whenever we ran east into the wind, which was much of the race. Was pretty warm (70s) with zero shade after the first hour. Overall, pretty happy with the automatic PR and gains in fitness. Loved that my coach was able to cheer along the course with DH and DS.

Sat in the hotel hot tub for almost an hour afterwards 

Congrats!

Damaris

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

While I wouldn't say I couldn't wait to do another after my first, I did feel like I left something on the course and started looking for another right away. Of course that lead to the ridiculous result of running my first three marathons in 7 weeks.

Now my first ultra was a different story. I was so ecstatic with my results that I could hardly wait to find another and register.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K, 9:11:09
                              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I obviously didn’t think of doing another one after my first. 

Damaris

RunningOnSand

People say this about childbirth and I will NEVER do that again!

I said that about both childbirth and my marathon (I've done 3 each time Big grin ). Amnesia is a powerful thing! Wink CONGRATS!!!! Those are some crazy high temps. Agreed--find a cooler course and it'll feel way better.

Bert, that was an amazing game!!! We were literally just saying how we had obviously lost...then wow!  How amazing.

sdWhiskers

Docket: sorry today wasn't your day. I can't imagine running an entire marathon with a fever and then dealing with the aftermath. You made the hard but smart decision.

bluerun

Super B****

The first thing I said was “NEVER. AGAIN.”

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog