Beginners and Beyond

Houston, we have the Sundailies. (Read 41 times)

DavePNW

Crazy warm & sunny here: 48 at the start, 55 at the finish. 10 miles.

I was sort of hoping that maybe after the forced time off, at least maybe some of my aches & pains would feel better. Nope.

DaveP, that really sucks about them losing your bag. It sort of boggles the mind HOW they could lose it, with the barcode on it and everything. I hope they find it and expedite it to you. And that sucks you couldn't run while in Germany--what a huge downer. Where in Japan are you going? I used to live there.

Totally mind-boggling. It's got the bar code, as well as a tag with my name, phone number, and email. Unless it got stolen (and there's not much worth stealing), it must be sitting in an unclaimed baggage area of some airport, so why doesn't someone look at the tag and contact me??

I work for a Japanese company, head office is in Tokyo near Shinagawa Station. But I am going to our plant which is in Fujieda, Shizuoka Prefecture, about 100 km SW of Tokyo.

Dave

Coastal

DaveP:  Japan is on my bucket list of places to one day visit. Hope you get your stuff back.

Docket:  Sorry about the DNS.  Hope you're feeling better.  Congrats to your husband.

Got out for 6 and 1/3 on the road today.  It was 61 and sunny at the start so shorts and shirt weather.  Unusual for this time of the year but I enjoyed it.

onemile

I ran 13

RunningOnSand

I was sort of hoping that maybe after the forced time off, at least maybe some of my aches & pains would feel better. Nope.

Totally mind-boggling. It's got the bar code, as well as a tag with my name, phone number, and email. Unless it got stolen (and there's not much worth stealing), it must be sitting in an unclaimed baggage area of some airport, so why doesn't someone look at the tag and contact me??

I work for a Japanese company, head office is in Tokyo near Shinagawa Station. But I am going to our plant which is in Fujieda, Shizuoka Prefecture, about 100 km SW of Tokyo.

I haven't heard those names in a long time. I'm going to have to look that one up again (I feel like I passed through it multiple occasions!). And, sucks your body is still not cooperating. WTF.

onemile

My hip was bugging me a lot when I started running again after Madison and it was always worse after a rest day and if I took 2 days off, even worse. It felt best running every day but not too far. Weird how that works

DavePNW

My hip was bugging me a lot when I started running again after Madison and it was always worse after a rest day and if I took 2 days off, even worse. It felt best running every day but not too far. Weird how that works

Hmph. Yeah this is sort of why I got back into running every day after my back got better, but the other things haven't improved too much. I wouldn't say it felt worse today than usual, just the same. Left hamstring still kind of sore, and I know these things can take forever to heal.  Right hip as well. And, still sluggish.

Dave

Cyberic

Hmph. Yeah this is sort of why I got back into running every day after my back got better, but the other things haven't improved too much. I wouldn't say it felt worse today than usual, just the same. Left hamstring still kind of sore, and I know these things can take forever to heal.  Right hip as well. And, still sluggish.

I'm pretty much running every day now, and I do not feel better, nor worse for it. My injury rate, recovery times and all that, I don't really see a difference.

sdWhiskers

I finished my first marathon today around the same time that my Steelers were apparently being destroyed. I thought 4:20ish was possible but ended up finishing 4:38. I was at 2:10 through the half but was struggling whenever we ran east into the wind, which was much of the race. Was pretty warm (70s) with zero shade after the first hour. Overall, pretty happy with the automatic PR and gains in fitness. Loved that my coach was able to cheer along the course with DH and DS.

Sat in the hotel hot tub for almost an hour afterwards 

sdWhiskers

I also work for a Japanese company. Visited our site in Fujisawa near Yokohama in 2015. Amazing country to visit although I don't eat much seafood so I was pretty hungry for the 2 weeks!

bluerun

Super B****

I finished my first marathon today around the same time that my Steelers were apparently being destroyed. I thought 4:20ish was possible but ended up finishing 4:38. I was at 2:10 through the half but was struggling whenever we ran east into the wind, which was much of the race. Was pretty warm (70s) with zero shade after the first hour. Overall, pretty happy with the automatic PR and gains in fitness. Loved that my coach was able to cheer along the course with DH and DS.

Congrats!!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

DavePNW

Congrats! That's way too warm for marathoning. For your first, the only thing people ask is "did you finish?"  My first had a positive split of 16 min - pretty similar! Next time we'll hold you more to your finish time goal.  So, when is next time?

And, people recommend an ice bath, but the hot tub is way more fun.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

Nice race sdWhiskers! That definitely sounds warm for a full.

Baboon

delicate flower

And, people recommend an ice bath

And these people are dumb.

whiskers, congratulations, on your first marathon!

<3

sdWhiskers

Congrats! That's way too warm for marathoning. For your first, the only thing people ask is "did you finish?"  My first had a positive split of 16 min - pretty similar! Next time we'll hold you more to your finish time goal.  So, when is next time?

And, people recommend an ice bath, but the hot tub is way more fun.

Do others finish one and think "can't wait to do another one"? Because I don't feel like that, ha

Ice bath? We'll, I got in the pool for a minute...

DavePNW

I also work for a Japanese company. Visited our site in Fujisawa near Yokohama in 2015. Amazing country to visit although I don't eat much seafood so I was pretty hungry for the 2 weeks!

Heh, I'm not a big fan of going there. I've probably been about 10 times over the last 20 years. But I actually haven't done much sightseeing. And pretty much only ever go to our Tokyo office or our Shizuoka plant. (OTOH, I've done a ton of sightseeing on my many business trips to Europe.) But I do like seafood, and sushi. It's funny how amazed many of them are to see Americans eating sushi, they just have the impression we do not eat raw fish. I have to keep telling them how popular it is here.

Dave