Beginners and Beyond

Missoula HM RR, 4 minute PR!!! Lots o' pics in LIVING color!! (Read 90 times)

#artbydmcbride

Damn, you keep getting so fast!  Your DW and DD are gorgeous!!  I plan to run Surf City too.

Runners run

GinnyinPA

Nice RR Jack.  You ran a really consistent race.  Congratulations on the PR.

sheepla

Wow you are great at consistent pacing. Wonderful race report. Loved your daughter's "official" photo.

Congrats to you, your DW and DD for your performances in the HM.  As a father of a daughter in college, the selfie was hysterical.

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hope you had a great time in Glacier after the race - it's amazing there!

As for the race, nicely done!  That didn't look like the easiest course and you ran it really consistently.  I agree that you don't need much in a half, especially if you're running for your kind of time.  Drink to thirst, and fueling isn't necessary, although if you like having the block for a treat that's cool too.  The DD's pic of her taking the pic is too funny.  Nice work by the DW too.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

SheCan

What a fun, entertaining report, Jack!   Wow, you and your family did fantastic.  Your DD obviously gets her athletic ability from you and your beautiful wife.  I got a kick out of the selfies that your DD was taking.  So reminded me of my own DD.  And I'm with ya on incorporating a race into your travels.  It really adds such a fun dimension to the trips.  Man, I'm just amazed though at how fast that fu manchu made you run... that is one powerful 'stache!  Congratulations!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

tracilynn

What a fantastic race for the whole family.  Nice PR too.  i love the part about your daughter going back to throw her cups away.  So well mannered Smile And a reflection of fine parenting.  Ha!

Way to go!  When is the next one?

~~~~~~~

Traci

tracilynn

I love the pic of your daughter taking the selfie.  The poor guy beside her is all sweaty and your daughter is chicking him while taking a selfie!  He's probably Feeling a little defeated.  Ha!

~~~~~~~

Traci

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Thanks for all the kind words, everyone. I'm glad DD has been such a source of comedic relief! Smile

Great race Jack and nice report. Congrats to you and your daughter.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Great family run and RR, Hulk.  Nice vacation.

I'm going to find some Moose Drool and toast you.

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Ya know mean Gene, that was a gret race by Jack.  Butcha know what pushed him into a PR dontcha brother?  That's right mean Gene......it was the stache!!

Train, say your prayers and eat your vitamins and don't forget to groom that stache like a real Hulkamaniac brother and you too can flex your way right into PR territory brother!

Randy

hog4life

Ya know mean Gene, that was a gret race by Jack.  Butcha know what pushed him into a PR dontcha brother?  That's right mean Gene......it was the stache!!

Train, say your prayers and eat your vitamins and don't forget to groom that stache like a real Hulkamaniac brother and you too can flex your way right into PR territory brother!

LMFAO!!!

LRB

I honestly was going to say the guy on the right looks like a BAMF.   Ha, it was you!

The kids these days crack me up.  She totally has it figured out!

You are going to kill a flat course!

LRB

Ya know mean Gene, that was a gret race by Jack.

The good old days!